Don't Fret! Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Admin
Earlier today, at the Tokyo Game Show 2010, Katsuhiro Harada dropped his bombshell and announced Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for arcades (and consoles?). Really this came as no surprise as the Tekken community has been expecting a new Tag game between every 3 core titles. While very few people actually expected an announcement for Soulcalibur V, I can already see that many people here on 8WR are a bit "miffed" on the lack of news.

I have just spoken directly with Harada on Twitter about this very subject. He has asked me not to post anything from our conversation to the public, but pretty much it has come to that Namco still needs more proof that there is indeed interest for sales in Soulcalibur V. Basically what that means is that we must continue to spread the word about the Facebook Like Petition as much as possible. Only with the direct support and power of this community will Soulcalibur V truly be possible.

While it may be true that Soulcalibur IV has sold more copies on consoles than Tekken 6 (according to VGChartz); it can never be so simple. If you look at the entire franchise history, Tekken has sold over 40 million, while Soulcalibur has only sold a quarter of that. So while 3 new Tekken games have just been announced (T7, TT2, TvSF), we may have to wait a bit more before we find out any news on the Soulcalibur franchise. Just keep putting the word out about the Facebook Like Petition and 8WayRun!

*EDIT* Harada-san has informed me that VGChartz does not accurately reflect sales in Europe; and at this point Tekken 6 is rocking Soulcalibur IV's socks off. This certainly makes sense as Soulcalibur is most popular in the US.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
aneudee;222912 said:
In Conclusion, the numbers that they reached with this "super special star wars edition soul calibur" did not meet their expectations and did not justify the extra cost to put them in the game.

You got numbers for that claim?

Look at that: http://p.twipple.jp/t3LCb

Hmm... They have the motivation from themselves, why are they hesitating?
Why are they stuck on numbers? They should know by now that even half of the Tekken fans play Soul Calibur... We'll need a lot of time to get many votes. We got the "past" to convince them!

11th_dimension I don`t know why they are hesitating.If i was the director/Producer i would have been developing it right now instead of wishing for it.

well put it this way compared to calibur... when was the last tekken game where they had to ban a character or move. All I can think of was repeated uses of steves infinite in 5, and even if it wasn't bad it wasn't enough to destroy a community.

damn.... i think malice got em.... and i'm all late...

d'ah well... can't be on point like i used to be.. im gettin old

11th_dimension;223309 said:
Look at that: http://p.twipple.jp/t3LCb

Hmm... They have the motivation from themselves, why are they hesitating?
Why are they stuck on numbers? They should know by now that even half of the Tekken fans play Soul Calibur... We'll need a lot of time to get many votes. We got the "past" to convince them!

Damn Harada's learning to troll like Ono. Guarantee they were already planning on a SCV but just wanna use us to do some free pre-marketing for them.

Would be funny if we all bought the SC5 game one day and when we pop the fucker in, it plays the Communist Rolle'd theme.

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

It would be horrible if they decided to use Playstation Move for it, as someone insinuated towards one of Harada's pics. =(

LostProvidence;223920 said:
It would be horrible if they decided to use Playstation Move for it, as someone insinuated towards one of Harada's pics. =(

If that happend...... well... then FUDGE!!

wait... I thought there are a lot more Tekken titles than SC titles, so it makes perfect sense that Tekken sold more over the entire franchise history.... plus, if they count money make from Arcades, it's no surprice that Tekken out sold SC...

LostProvidence;223920 said:
I sense another SC Legends coming to PS3 and maybe the Xbox 360 with Kinect.

Vincent;222264 said:
If it's such a big deal then make a USA-only SC5. We obviously want it the most. Guaranteed profit.

But what about the European SC fans that want to play it, like me? :/

PandaaPaws;225014 said:
But what about the European SC fans that want to play it, like me? :/

Hmm... really, that should never happen! SCV should not be released in only one part of the world, but everywhere, specially now, as there's the petition which gets votes from every part of the world.

MasterMaxim Well Tekken tag Tournament 1( i suggest you buy TTT 1 because it is honestly worth it) was the best tekken game i ever played and i am glad they are making a sequel to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back