Dragon's Dogma

Portcrystals don't really make it easier. Like going to the tower, or going back to the starting town.

I'm level 8x now. Kim was in the 70s last I checked so I gave her the boot. :>
Also she was basically my meat shield most of the times, since I played mage and magic archer, since her Guardian trait meant she really didn't do anything but draw agrro in a fight.

So I had just returned from The Griffins Bane quest...made sure everyone of those soldiers survived. (cause that's what Ser Mercedes asks of you) I wanted them love points. I show up talk to her she's all happy and shit giving that pink fever. I then talk to Julius who just so happens to be passing by.

"Blah Blah Ser Mercedes gets no respect, Blah blah....tomboy...blah no one likes her blah blah" "Oh, 2 weeks of supplies to be delivered...get right on that" Mind you she's still like right there. On my errands around the castle I run into her again. Absolutely no love from this chick, I mean no pink shit, no jingle bells...wtf Mercedes...I didn't say nothing it was the fucker Julius...

Looks like we gotta get this bitch drunk again to get any action...just like in real life.

i beat the game and then felt like there was no point in replaying the game. what more do you get in NEW GAME+ besides a boring breeze through the game cause you're even more OP than you were before experience?

i beat the game and then felt like there was no point in replaying the game. what more do you get in NEW GAME+ besides a boring breeze through the game cause you're even more OP than you were before experience?
i felt the same way. i was expecting the enemies to do more dmg or have the tougher versions show up (Grimgoblins, gorechimeras, cockatrice, etc.) or you have to restart new or something. nope! i still keep the game because i think it's fun, but it gets boring fighting the Ur-Dragon as much as i have. so i ususally delete my file so i can start completely new.

Just got this game a few days ago, loving it immensely. I cant get over how awesome it is being a strider and throwing those wires at people or parrying people's moves as an assassin.

Currently around level 40. Was kind of disappointed to hear that new game+ didnt just start you over at level 1 but with all the skills you learned. You'd still be powerful, but at least you can enjoy the combat via your tactics / skills and not so much on your ability to one shot creatures.

Just got this game a few days ago, loving it immensely. I cant get over how awesome it is being a strider and throwing those wires at people or parrying people's moves as an assassin.

Currently around level 40. Was kind of disappointed to hear that new game+ didnt just start you over at level 1 but with all the skills you learned. You'd still be powerful, but at least you can enjoy the combat via your tactics / skills and not so much on your ability to one shot creatures.
I usually end up wearing low level gear and low level weapons for it to be a little harder. They are releasing a hard mode update this year though. An expansion pack next year. :D

P.S. I'm most likely the biggest DD fanboy on 8WR. Lol

is the dark arisen a DLC or another game (like Super DD)? looks sweet! can't wait for the hard mode, wanna fight something tough with all this cool gear/abilities i have other than the Ur-dragon.

btw: what gen is the ur-dragon on at the moment

P.S. I'm most likely the biggest DD fanboy on 8WR. Lol

I can kind of tell, what with all the posts. But i see why, it's lots of fun. I've been waiting for so long for a RPG with this degree of class depth, the animations, the dificulty, etc. I pray that it doesnt fall down the same path as other developers with their casual pandering. It already is a nice blend of difficulty and reward, there's no need to stream line it or dumb it down.

Really looking forward to that hard mode for new game+. The end game is usually where RPGs lose their replayability. And of course that expansion. The game world seems pretty big, judging from the story. There's at least two other countries or lands on par with Gransys'.

I think the expansion may take place in the "Frontier Lands" they talk about in the loading screens. Just imagine if a Hydra was as common as a Chimera. xD

Yeah that'd be insane having to fight the higher level boss monsters like common enemies, or just some crazy new giant monsters all together. I'd also like to see some well geared human enemies. Bandits were crazy powerful at first, and even still on the way to Bluemoon Tower they can mess you up. Just imagine if they had all the same abilities you do and equal equipment.

Also maybe throw in multiple boss monsters in the same fight. Like fighting a gryphon plus an ogre a the same time.

i effin' love the chamber o' fate! i have yet to finish it legitly. the 1st time i beat it was because i ended up beating the ur-dragon in its early gens and got a ton of wakestones.

You might want to take a walk in the Chamber of Fate. I think you'll have fun. :P

That wakestone collecting was brutal. Walked into one chamber with a Chimera, a Gore Chimera, and like 6 Hellhounds. Holy hell was it madness.

Then i strolled into one that had a head regenerating Hydra and over a dozen undead. If i didnt have my Mystic Archer i dont know how i would have made it out alive. I popped on my Hunter Shot and the screen was completely covered in targets.

Back