E.B.O. 2012 - Results/Shoutouts/Reviews/Pictures/Videos

Kalas

[13] Hero
A great EBO has ended and a lot of memories remain! It was a fantastic event with exciting matches, old & new faces and the best organisation one can wish for.

So before I start, I'd like to thank the GODs. Without their passion and dedication this event would not be possible. All credits go to you! They improve the EBOs from year to year.

Results

Solo-Tournament:

1st Ring (Ivy)
2nd Hyrul (Leixia, Tira)
3rd Kerrigan (Z.W.E.I.)
4th Kalas (Leixia)
5th Malek (Ivy) & Pantocrator (Siegfried)
7th Silent Joel (Cervantes, Pyrrha) & Dark Slayer (Ivy, Pyrrha)

You can see the full brackets here: http://challonge.com/ebo_soloturnier

3vs3 Team-Tournament:

1st Trio Infernale (JAG, daGOTTh, Kerrigan)
2nd Team UK (Hyrul, Silent Joel, Grunt Dude)
3rd Kappamattring (Kappa, Matt-JF, Ring)

I'm going to add pictures and videos to this thread when they are online.

5vs5 National-Tournament:

1st Frankreich (Malek, Pantocrator, Sazayel, Dranakal, Ryuga)
2nd Ringland (Ring, Di, Crescent Moon, Heniek, Lelle Fost)
3rd Deutschland (Kerrigan, Kalas, Dark Slayer, JAG, daGOTTh)

Team Trio infernale FOREVER!! xD!

Congratz to Astas 22/88B whiffing on Leixua and Ivy... >>

But at least Kalas and Kerrigan did really good in solo, i am fine with that. ^^

East Brandenburg Open 2012
Rank
Player
Teams
User
1st
Ring
2nd
Hyrul
3rd
Kerrigan
4th
Kalas
5th
Pantocrator
5th
Malek
7th
Silent Joel
7th
Dark Slayer
9th
Limiter
9th
Grunt Dude
9th
JAG
9th
daGOTTh
13th
Dodo
13th
Fleshmasher
13th
Matt-JF
13th
Neo4Life
17th
Chazy
17th
Di
17th
Wyyzz
17th
Adamas
17th
Dranakal
17th
Sayazel
17th
Lelle Fust
17th
Dropical
25th
ChaosK
25th
Master Ari
25th
Vigo
25th
PB Chucky
25th
Rome
25th
2nd Face
25th
Bryareos
25th
Ryuga

Well... I'd like to respond to WhYYZ's post from the other thread:
We also have Dropical, it was awesome to have finally met you, too bad we both had impossible match-ups in the brackets....
True. I almost got a heart attack when Möhre told me that my first opponent would be Ring. I wanted to fight his Ivy the whole time, but not in the bracket! Hahaha.
You could tell that he was by far the most skilled player in the hall, so it was quite obvious that he'd win the tournament. Well, WhYZZ - it looks like we need to improve to keep up! I really want to get far next time. :)

Ring: The leader of our Team and our Ivy-representative at the tournament. I'm really glad that I actually met you and that we'll be able to play together in future. You did a great job at EBO and I'm happy that my cheering wasn't for nothing! :D
(& next time I'll make sure that you won't hide yourself in the background! :P)
Malek: Definitely one of the most friendliest people I've ever met! I loved the fact that he didnt care much about winning or losing - but for the community. You could see him laughing all the time. It was really great to get to know you - thanks for taking care of me, my friend. ^_^
WhYZZ: Mr. "I'd like to pick Elysium because there is always a chance to get Violas style with Elysiums broken CE!" Errr! If you try that on me online, I'll see myself forced to spam iCS on you. :P

I already posted my shoutouts to SoulAssasin and Dark Slayer on the german forums, but I'd also like to greet some other nice people like Moon, Grunt Dude and Hyrul here. ^0^d(& Moon, shame on you for not playing online!! :P )

Guys, forget everything except the 5v5 tournament....LOL

My team only got 2 points. But they were against Ring (Dodo won) and against malek (I won) So we didn't really deserved the last place...

Right?

I often Elysium online because it's fun.
But too bad Elysium was banned as well. Would be entertaining to see if anyone would pick her.

Malek really is one of the happiest people I've ever met. (That wasn't on any drugs)

Nice to see those pictures, I always forget I'm that tall. XD.

Why does everyone have such a hard time writing my name?
It's Why and YYZ combined. Because It's written wrong by dropical and in the bracket stuff on EBO XD

The main shoutouts thread on GerCalibur can be found here:

http://www.ger-calibur.de/index.php?threads/e-b-o-2012-review-shoutouts.1243/

I will re-post here anyway as I know some players will only check 8WayRun:

_______________________​

Just like EBO 2011, this was the most fun gaming experience of the year.

Firstly, thanks to all those who I got to play in casuals. The constant chance to play casuals against so many players is what makes EBO so great for me.

Secondly, apologies in advance to those I forget to mention by name; with 50+ players at the tournament, this will be inevitable.

-- --​

General:

To the Germans, who welcomed us with open arms and smiling faces, and who turned out in force even though many of you have not played the game much over the past few months, thank you for putting on a great show, and for so many of you supporting this game. It made it really special for the rest of us. Some will probably be disappointed, such as JAG, dag and LMTR for not making top 8, but Kalas and Kerrigan's placing was enough to show that Germany is still clearly one of the strongest nations for Soul Calibur. And the Trio Infernum's complete annihiliation of the competition in the 3v3 was more like what we would have expected.

To the French, who so dominated EBO 2011, bad luck this time. It was always going to be hard to repeat last year's feat with only 4 players. And, of course, you clinched the national tournament to remind us all where Europe's premier scene remains!

To the Polish, being described as 'Ringland' was unfair on you I think, as you took second place in the national event despite Ring losing twice, and it was very encouraging to see 5 of you here, so that he had direct support and fellow players to compete with.

Shoutouts to those who came down from other nations, such as WhYYZ. I know from experience what it's like to be the only one to come, and to try to compete with lots of new people all speaking different languages. It shows a special love for the game, which hopefully will have a positive effect on the enthusiasm of other players in your communities.

I have to mention our own UK team as well of course. Even though we were chopped in half at the last minute, due to last minute change of plans from Wil, Testiskulls and Synraii, we were still able to put up a good fight. 2nd place in the 3v3 event and all of us finishing in the top 12 was really great and very encouraging for us. Grunt Dude will have wanted to do better, and Joel will need therapy after that classic self-RO, but I think as they are relatively new to the top level at SC, they did pretty damn well.

-- --​
Individual:

It would just be too long to mention everybody I met, and no-one would want to read it, so I will try to keep this as brief as possible.

I will refrain from saying "I wish we could have had more games" because this applies to everyone who was at the tournament.

Malek and Panto: you are two of the first SC players I ever met, and two of the best ambassadors for the game. It was a great pleasure to meet you again. You guys are my heroes, and I have learned so much from you both. It has long been my personal goal to get to a point where I could give you guys some trouble, so now that I am getting closer, I can feel like I have achieved something to be proud of.

SoulA55a5in: I've played you loads online and it was great to finally meet you. We didn't get to play but we can make amends on XBL.

Dropical: maybe it is unfair to mention someone just because she is a very beautiful girl, but, well, life is unfair :) . You have a great deal of skill and played very well, and it was a pleasure to meet you.

The Raph guy (Heniek I think? sorry if this is wrong) Vigo: good games dude, sorry for the scoreline :S ... Raph does seem to be getting weaker as you said, but if you enjoy the character so much, you should stick with him and see what ideas you can come up with. I felt the same about Leixia many weeks ago, but a friend convinced me to give her another shot, and I'm really lucky I did.

Dranakal and Sazayel: it was great that you two came to support the game when so many French players have moved away from it. Both of you are obviously really good and maybe it is just a lack of confidence that prevented you from getting further (or other issues maybe in Andy's case?). Hope I can make it to France some time to play you both again.

Bryareos, LuCypha X, Falkenberg, Zu Face: GGs in the group stage. Congrats to LuCypha for taking out Dranakal. 2ndF, you have to stick with SC to keep the Germans afraid of the Tira matchup! She is completely broken!

Di: thank you for putting in the effort to help organise, and to run the stream and brackets. You are a really nice guy and it was great to meet you. I doubt you were serious about your skill level, and I hope you keep playing the game for the sake of the Polish community and the SC community in general.

Ring: we UK guys thought you were the favourite for this, and I doubt we were the only ones. You won the event so easily it was almost sad, and yet I doubt anyone was surprised. You are so far ahead of the rest of us that it is actually quite funny when you talk so modestly and humbly! The only negative thing was that you shouldn't have struggled so much against me in the tournament. I think you were very lucky to edge our matches 8-0.

Darkslayer: most players would be delighted with a top 8 finish, but I can imagine you might have felt disappointed not to go further. I think you and Ring demonstrated much more match-up knowedge and skillful use of Just Guard than any other players, and were imo the ones who have best adjusted to SCV. I wonder if you have ever considered going to MLG because I think you would do extremely well.

Chazy, Neo, Ryuga: you guys ruined the 3v3 tournament by beating us. I hope you're proud of yourselves. GGs! And thanks Chazy for joining our team. Neo: sorry for the things that happened in the other matches; Grunt was pushing start without thinking because he was watching the CE as if the round was over and trying to skip a replay, and Joel only realised after the 5v5 match that he had been spamming aB overkill, he wasn't trying to antagonise.

Fleshmasher and Limiter: it was really fun playing you in casuals, and I was relieved to dodge you in the tournaments. 'Fleshy' as Kalas calls you... like you said, you have improved a great deal in a short space of time. Thanks for helping us out so much in the 5v5, especially against France. Perhaps you mightbe able to start a mini-scene in Hamburg?

The Trio of the Glades: congrats for taking the 3v3 so easily; I hope it provided some consolation as I imagine JAG and Dag would have liked to have gone further in the solo. Congrats to Kerrigan for taking EIN and Z.W.E.I. so far - spectators in the venue and on the stream really enjoyed your matches and were rooting for you to go even further. I also hope that the three of you continue to play SCV, because like Belial once said, you are the pride of German calibur.

Kalas: I wouldn't know where to start. Thanks so much for organising the tournament, and for helping us UK guys get back. Even though you live so far from other German players, you were still the one who took on a great deal of responsibility to look after the players and the event and everything, and all of us owe you a great deal of gratitude.

Absentees: many players weren't able to make it to E.B.O. this time. Only Malek, Panto and Sazayel returned from France this time around. The biggest disappointment for me was that neither Sacharja nor Docvizzo were able to make it. Both of them would have made the outcome of each tournament very different. I really hope I get to meet you guys again soon.

-- --​

And of course, last and most importantly of all, thank you so much to G.O.D. Waffel and G.O.D. Mistmöhre. Your tournament is the only one in the world I have ever heard of that can attract so many players, without the promise of big cash prizes or sponsorship, in any game. It was a great pleasure to meet you again, and I really admire how you take the time to make every single player feel welcomed and catered for. The orgainisation was fantastic, just like last year. Your efforts have once again made E.B.O. the most enjoyable tournament in the world.

Hope to see all of you again next year.

The place, event and people were alll great. Despite the fact that I did not make it out of the group (didn't prepared myself properly) I am happy that I was able to be there and meet people like Malek and his cheerful laugh (waking me up with it at last day was a bless, it was already 1pm), Spider and his beatiful woman, Flesh, his Natsu and his smoking addiction, Pantocrator and Kerrigan (great Zwei mirrors, too bad I didn't had much chance to play with Panto), WhyYYZ and his crazy just guards and many, many more. I would like to talk to everyone for much, much longer, as well as spend time with them but it was kinda impossible ^^

And it was a great honour to wash your dishes (bows galantly)
And that Ring took the cup (by the way, the "Ringland" was my idea ^^')

And of course the biggest credit goes to Waffel and Mistmore. Not only for organisation but also for lots of laugh and cheerful attitude :D

The post would be much, much bigger but unfortunately I am low on time so it has to be short. Anyways - thanks for everyone - for fun, for games, for everything.
Hope we'll see ech other next year :D

PS: I was playing Raphael in SC3 but the one on EBO wasn't me. Unfortuntely cant remember his nick or name as well ^^'

The Raph guy would be me haha. Don't worry about the beating Hyrul. I rarely had so much fun getting my ass handed to me. You really are an awesome guy and SC player hope we get a chance to play again. My Raph and MU knowledge will be much better next time.

Shoutouts to all the great players like Di, Ring, Moon and many others. So many players not enough time to play them all. The EBO was my first tournament ever and it was fun as hell. I really hope next year will be a new one.

I was meaning JG-ing iGDRs for example :D
Maybe it's not as much of deal but I'm still uncommon to just guards (yet)

Back