E.B.O. 2012 - Results/Shoutouts/Reviews/Pictures/Videos

SCH B BE? I think you mean SCH K BE maybe?

Yes I meant that. Blocked the knee JG'd the second hit and tried to launch with 3b but failed resulting in a throw and a K.O. :(

I was meaning JG-ing iGDRs for example :D
Maybe it's not as much of deal but I'm still uncommon to just guards (yet)
I don't think I JG'd a iGDR but I did JG'd GDR a couple of times.

Yes I meant that. Blocked the knee JG'd the second hit and tried to launch with 3b but failed resulting in a throw and a K.O. :(
Yeah, if you JG the last hit of SCH K BE, Siegfried is at -15. I also figured that when I played against Panto, and my 1B BE (i16) wasn't working but BB was guaranteed. You can always step the last hit on block both directions and whiff punish/backthrow.

Siegfried is very prone to JG btw... B:4, SBH B etc. are extremely risky in this game.

I will post my shout outs tomorrow morning :)

Can you upload them on the GERCALIBUR-account as well, if I give you the password?

Uploading all of them took me around 60 hours... :( (no kidding, my notebook was on since Tuesday morning). I can give you access to our account so that you can download them in mp4 format (you can use software like download helper instead) and upload them to your account.

It's alright, I can't be bothered to do it, and as long as they are anywhere on youtube, I'm satisfied. :)

How about you ask any of G.O.D.s to upload the videos the way I described earlier? I can let do this anyone, as long as I trust this person ;).

First of all, tons of respect to the organisers. This was by far the best FG tournament I've been to. The venue was great, gaming was very comfortable thanks to the couches and covered windows. There were lots equipment - consoles, converters, pads, there was everything one would need to play. I liked the food, too. The G.O.D.-s really took care of us! The only gripe I could have was the lack of a shower, but I'm used to road trips, so the sink was enough for me.

Props to the polish team. For all the fun we had on the way to Wriezen and back, for coming all the way from the capitol to my city so we could all go by car. To Ring for making us proud, to Di for acting like the Polish Fighting Games Community Manager should, to Matt for buying dinner at the asian restaurant, to Heniek for being talkative in all languages (including wolf-speak).

Shout-out to Dropical, WhYYZ the Wise-Man, TadToday and Vigo for always providing excellent company, as well as all the other great people I met. If we've talked, you know who you are! I would gladly mention more of you, but I'm afraid I didn't memorize all the nicknames. :(

Thanks to all the players who gave me a proper beating (everyone). I was not prepared for such an amazingly high level of skill, and you've showed me there still is a lot for me to learn. Now I'm more hyped up on SC5 than ever before, and I'll train hard so I can at least stand a chance against some of you next year!

I'd like to apologise to Hyrul for calling him out in the middle of his first match with Ring. I got a little too much hype, and I hope the distraction didn't cause you to lose the round.

That about rounds it up. I really hope to see all of you at EBO next year, and maybe perhaps online, once I get a bargain PS3 somewhere. :)

Thanks again for the amazing event.

A great EBO has ended and a lot of memories remain! It was a fantastic event with exciting matches, old & new faces and the best organisation one can wish for.

So before I start, I'd like to thank the GODs. Without their passion and dedication this event would not be possible. All credits go to you! They improve the EBOs from year to year.

I used Pyraah as my secondary too.

Thanks for doing that Malice but I think it's meant to be listed as "Major (Finals)" since we had groups before the DE.

In the upcoming weeks ;).

If you could "accidently" delete my match with Kerrigan it would be greatly appreciated

IMAG3907-2.jpg
Ivy's back in her rightful place!​

Ok, first of all, I'd like to thank GOD Waffel and GOD Mistmöhre for organizing yet another fantastic event. EBO is getting better and better with each year, it's more like a family reunion than anything else! I really hope people will continue to support the game and we will meet again next year. I really do. I was glad to see that the SC community in Europe is still alive!

What can I say, I wasn't expecting to win but I'm glad I did because I worked very hard for it and my effort was not in vain. I realized that I need a different approach to learning SC5 because I can't count on my character to make up for my lack of knowledge etc, like I did in SC4 but I know I still have a lot of room for improvement (eg Dodo beating me with Yoshi shenanigans in 5vs5 ._.)

Wow, I have a lot of shout outs to make... I apologize in advance if I don't mention someone, there were so many people this year :D

@ Malek: It was great to see you again! I'm glad you still support the game even though you dislike it, like you said. You really seem to care about the SC community and it's awesome that we have people like you. You did really well in the tournament, too! I also learned something from our matches, I focus too much on iCS. I must incorporate more regular CS into my game.

@ Pantocrator: I wasn't expecting to survive our encounter :P you probably know why. But in the end, we talked a lot and had some great games. Just like in Malek's case, I'm glad you support the game. You play an impressive Siegfried as always, congrats on your tournament placing.

@Dranakal: it was great to have finally met you offline after all this time (early SC4 I think?) Mitsu OP! I will try to go to Cannes next year, but I can't promise anything at this moment.

@ Sazayel: we didn't play, we didn't even talk... but it was still good to see you there with the other French players.

@ Hyrul: what can I say, amazing performance as usual. You have come such a long way! It seems nowadays wherever you go, you get to top 3 :P I'm glad we got to play so much, but it was not enough for me. It sucks that we play on different systems... get a PS3 pls! :) I hope we will meet again in the near future.

@Grunt Dude: two matches in three days! that's it, I wish we could have played more. Our online session has reminded me that I need to brush up on my anti-Xiba, so thank you for that ^^

@ Joel: I know you wanted to play me more but there always seemed to be an issue with the converters. Next time it won't happen. In the meanwhile, we can play on PSN. You did really well in the tournament! Shame about the self-RO thing, though haha

@ Trio Infernale: nice to see you still rocking! Fantastic performance in the 3vs3. I'm glad that I could play at least 1 match against each one of you ^^ Also special shout out to Kerrigan for sticking to ZWEI, imo he's among the worst characters in the game so I'm guessing it must be really tough to compete with him on high level play!

@ Kalas: the hat must be destroyed :P I know you're probably disappointed, but you still did extremely well playing the OP Leixia. Because of you I must re-evaluate the Ivy vs Leixia MU, I'm starting to think it's not *that* good for Ivy after all. Sucks that I couldn't convince you to join my team, maybe we would have won!

@ Dropical: Really, one of the biggest surprises for me in the whole event! I first noticed you play Ivy when you beat Matt-JF. You're really an amazing SC player, please keep playing the game. I'm sure we were both disappointed with the fact that we had to play in the tournament just after the groups. I was pretty nervous because my anti-Ivy sucks xD I hope we will be able to play on PS3! DarkSlayer and Malek are also on PSN.

@ Fleshmasher: Natsu OP :p Well, we didn't play much but at least we can play on PSN. I need to brush up my anti-Natsu, she's so annoying.

@ ChaosK: I knew one thing for certain, I couldn't leave Germany w/o playing you offline. You escaped from me after only a few matches, but at least I kept my promise ^^GGs! I hope I can fix my connection in the near future, so we can play online.

@ DarkSlayer: it was good to see you again. I was really surprised you decided to play different characters in the tournament. I play lots of chars but I probably wouldn't dare to try them :P I'm not a fan of counter-picking but well, to each his own! You still played really great, thanks for the Ivy/Pyrrha games I understand the MU much better now (fuck 22K :p)

@ Dodo: Damn, you exposed me :P I still lack a lot MU knowledge, not knowing how to roll/ukemi a UB from Yoshi was an epic fail. You're a great player! Thanks for the great games. You live in Austria, no? I know there are some people in Vienna (XshadeX, Yamaraja, Robdom) that are looking for offline competition. You should contact them!

@ LeLLe: Another great surprise! You almost beat me in the groups, and defeated Malek in 5vs5. Great performance! Just like in Dodo's case, our matches were an eye opener for me. Now I know where to improve.

@Soulassasin: fellow Ivy player! :) I wish we could have played some more. You have some really great knowledge about the game. I remember your comment about having bad reflexes, but imo the most important thing in this game is MU knowledge, everything else is secondary.

@ Team PB: It's always nice to see you guys. We didn't get to play much, perhaps next time!

@ Chazy: I hope your controller is alright :P

@WhyYYZ: it was so good to see you man. I wish you and Soulassasin had PS3 so we could all play together. Good games for what it's worth, even though we didn't play a whole lot. I was surprised you play Ivy on arcade stick, CS buffer is loud and extremely obvious, it's not that easy to catch ppl with it offline I guess. Hope to see you next time!

@Tad_today: I was soo surprised to see you there! Last time we played was about 4 years ago! It's awesome that you decided to keep up with the game. Best of luck to you.

@Spyder: Sorry about the arachnophobia comment, I hope I didn't scare you off! Hahaha. If only I knew you would be leaving so soon... but hey, since you live in Germany now and play on PS3, maybe we could try to play online.

I'm a little cofused, there were two Raphael players, right? I know Vigo is one of them but I don't know which one exactly ^^ GGs to both of them! Don't hate me if I forgot someone =s

Ugh, so many people and not enough time to play them all! It's always the same every year haha. Lastly I want to say we should try to keep the game and the community alive for as long as we can, to show Namco that we care about Soul Calibur. I hope to see you all next year!

I'm a little cofused, there were two Raphael players, right? I know Vigo is one of them but I don't know which one exactly ^^ GGs to both of them! Don't hate me if I forgot someone =s

Yeah there were two. Me and Irate. I was the one in your group.

Hey Malice can you please fix my name in the ranking list?

Why does everyone have such a hard time writing my name?
It's Why and YYZ combined. Because It's written wrong by dropical and in the bracket stuff on EBO XD
What did u say, WHHYzzZ? :P
Haha. I'm sorry. The spelling is a little bit complicated, but I'll make sure to pay more attention next time.

Thanks to Hyrul and Ring for their nice words! :)

You're really an amazing SC player, please keep playing the game. .
Gosh, you're too nice. Don't worry, I won't stop playing this game, not after seeing your amazing Ivy in action. (^-^)d

By the way, I completely forgot to mention Sazayel, Panto and EggMaster. Sorry, people!
Panto, I can't believe that I forgot to mention you! I mean, you were one of the people I had the most business with. Your knowledge of the german language is amazing - and so are your abilities in the game. Make sure to bring your own Arcadestick next time! :(

EggMaster wasn't present at the EBO, but I'd still like to mention him because of the practise-sessions we had before I went to the event. Thank you for taking your time for me! It really helped me alot, but I couldn't play properly because I was too nervous. I really hope that you can join us next time! ^_^

G.O.D.Mistmöhre asked me to translate his shoutout-post on ger-calibur for you:

Well, one week has gone by and it's time for good-ol' Möhre to present you his thoughts of the event.

I can assure you I won't write to everybody who was there because it would simply go beyond the scope of this post. Strictly speaking, I'd only like to mention the community, because that is what you acted as.

"Community" is exactly what formed the EBO this year - even more than any other before. It was a huge "being together" in fact: laughing together, talking together, playing together, having a good time together.
That is exactly what we, the GOD's, always wanted to achieve. It was our motivation and goal and what we are willing to accept all the stress for: To have the feeling of having spent an awesome weekend with your friends who are just as retarded as we.

Therefore we would like to thank everybody who was there, because it is YOU who form the spirit of the EBO and who make it the event it is. :)

You all know that SC5 is not really (to say it very carefully) a game that is at the top of my favourites right now and I said that I personally don't know what to do with the future of the EBO...
But when I draw a conclusion of the past weekend, I can clearly see that it is totally worth to organize such an event for you crazy people (and you seem to get more and more :P), because I was enjoying myself a lot and felt very very comfortable with you.

I promise faithfully that I will definitely think about an EBO 2013.

Here are the shoutouts of my sister, Kerrigan:

E.B.O. was like every year a fantastic event and I was very pleased to meet so many players from different countries. I would have liked to have some more casuals with so many people but with so many participants this was quite hard. Anyway, I hope the majority of you will come again to E.B.O. next year for even more interesting and exciting matches!

First of all something to our UK-friends: It was nice meeting you all again (although Synraii was missing, kill him for this! xD) and I was finally able to meet Grunt Dude in person, too.

@Hyrul, you had your revenge for the 3vs3 against me twice in the solo. Like Kalas, you are still trying to do something with Leixia which I think is very courageous. It is good to know that I am not the only one who is insane enough to do tournaments with a weak character. ;) Congratulations for the second place in the solo. I will try to have my revenge against you next time, but for the moment I guess I am able to live with the fact that you kicked me out of the tournament. After all, you are one of the Guide-companions!

@Silent Joel, our matches were so damn hard and well, this MU Z.W.E.I.-Cervantes is just ridiculous for me. At the end I got the RO which I should have already had before when B+KBE~214B didn’t work! -.- Next time we need to do some casual matches. Next to Hyrul you are a very good UK-player and it’s nice to see that you guys progressed in this game so much.

Now the players from Poland: It was nice meeting all of you.
@Ring, congratulations for the first place in the solo and thanks for giving me the axe. I was very impressed by your 22/88B JF-Skills. Next time we have to play more casuals on a no-lag-TV.

@Di, thanks a lot for your help with the stream, that was awesome. Finally, we had a stream for the E.B.O.

@Heniek (the Z.W.E.I.-player I mean, hope that’s correct), thanks for the mirror matches and the nice talk we had. You always cheered a lot for me when I played, thank you for this, too. And of course, thanks again for this awesome song you and the other Poland-players sang behind me when I was winning (who let the wolf out ^_^). This will stay unforgettable for me.

@Crescent_Moon, the Cervantes-player, right? We didn’t play together, unfortunately. I don’t know what Heniek is doing with Z.W.E.I. in Poland that you think he is so strong, but believe me, as soon as you know how to handle Z.W.E.I., you give the Z.W.E.I.-player an incredible hard (or even impossible) time to win. But well, on the other hand, I hope that you won’t do this especially well against me should we meet in tournament next year. ^^

@Matt-JF, I am happy that I didn’t meet you in the tournament because I really don’t need a Pyrrha Omega against me with Z.W.E.I. :P I know this too well against my brother. I had the feeling that both of you play her quite similar and I hope my Arcade-Stick was fine enough for your match against JAG.

@Dranakal & Sazayel, this time there were only few players from France at E.B.O. and it was great that both of you came along with Malek and Pantocrator. In the Nationals you did a good job and I also liked to play against Dranakal in Casuals. Unfortunately like last year, I didn’t play against Sazayel. Next time we definitely need to do this!

@Spyder, I really would have liked to play against you but you had to leave so soon. My brother told me a lot about your Maxi in SCII. I hope we can have some matches next time.

@WhYYZ, I enjoyed our matches and conversations. Thanks for cheering for me in the tournament and for your nice shoutouts. It was cool that you came to E.B.O. although you were the only one from your country. I hope that next year we can welcome you again with maybe some other players from the Netherlands.

Back