E.B.O. 2012 - Results/Shoutouts/Reviews/Pictures/Videos

@ Malek: It was great to see you again! I'm glad you still support the game even though you dislike it, like you said. You really seem to care about the SC community and it's awesome that we have people like you. You did really well in the tournament, too! I also learned something from our matches, I focus too much on iCS. I must incorporate more regular CS into my game.
Congrats in your placing Ring! I hope that Project Soul do something with this game so we can get back the old "Super Motivated" Malek in "EVO Champ MODE".

Some pictures I took.

The "official" group photos will be uploaded later as well.

Attachments

• IMAG0067.jpg
    IMAG0067.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 259
  • IMAG0068.jpg
    IMAG0068.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 248
  • IMAG0069.jpg
    IMAG0069.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 249
  • IMAG0070.jpg
    IMAG0070.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 267
  • IMAG0071.jpg
    IMAG0071.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 221
  • IMAG0072.jpg
    IMAG0072.jpg
    941.1 KB · Views: 243
  • IMAG0073.jpg
    IMAG0073.jpg
    1,001.1 KB · Views: 275
  • IMAG0074.jpg
    IMAG0074.jpg
    660.1 KB · Views: 243
  • IMAG0075.jpg
    IMAG0075.jpg
    674.2 KB · Views: 285
  • IMAG0077.jpg
    IMAG0077.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 265
  • IMAG0078.jpg
    IMAG0078.jpg
    948.1 KB · Views: 297
  • IMAG0079.jpg
    IMAG0079.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 237
  • IMAG0080.jpg
    IMAG0080.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 258
  • IMAG0081.jpg
    IMAG0081.jpg
    581.7 KB · Views: 219
Joel, the recent EMS needs putting up as well.

Lol, thanks for making me win a bet. Synraii, you know the VSFighting bracket hasn't been put up either? Might wanna get that off Justin. Also well done on the completely off topic post.

I'll do my shoutouts one day. Here's some photos. Sorry I didn't get enough of Kalas' leg in the pictures

Edit: I uploaded photos 3 times and they're aren't showing up -_-

Hey !

I've already said what I have to to most people IRL or by mail.
I just want to thank all German people who helped to realize this EBO. It was, as always, the best european tournament of the year.
I'm also happy to meet so many people from different country: Singapore, Germany, Austria, Netherland, UK, France ! Nice.

I particularly want to thank Kalas who take care of so many people, and Neo4Life and Anja who helped the french guy's in Berlin.
And the Ivy crew members. It was fun to meet you all guys.

Kalas, the best "German male player" ! Maybe we should organize "male competition only" don't you think ? ah ah ah
You had your revenge this time. Nice matches, you are a great player, and a nice man. See you next time.

Kerrigan, congratulation. You are the best German player (yeah Kalas, yeah !). Very impressive.
The last Zwei is a girl. And she rocks !

Hyrul, you already know.

Congratulation Ring,
different game, different people but same character !
Ivy's community never die !

The first picture from Kalas post is totally epic.
There are few things that catch the eye but I will stick only to "the hard rockin' cookin'!"

And the rest is silence

:O Malek posting, that happens once every blue moon O_O Syn and Joel, I believe you could take this to PM.

Before forgetting too much, I'd like to share my shoutouts that go to my non-German friends with you.

Hyrul
It was great to see you again! You are such a gifted player and I think we learn a lot from each other when we play. I'm glad you arrived safely and the route I searched for you was correct. For the future, I hope that you can somehow manage to keep the English fire for SC5 alive, even though this will (as we all know) depend a lot on what comes from Namco. Take care, and I'll let you know when I'm in the UK next time.

Grunt Dude
I seriously hope that you're not too disappointed with your performance at EBO. Due to your success rate in the English scene you probably had higher expectations, but still you did very well. Would be a pity to see you disappear from SC5 entirely now. Looking forward to playing you again.

Silent Joel
You were the biggest English surprise for me at EBO, because I did not expect you to come this far. You finished higher than JAG or daGOTTh for example and who knows where you would have placed, if you hadn't done that.... mistake. :P From what I've seen in the past from you, you improved very quickly. See you.

Ring
Congrats for winning and winning and winning and destroying everybody in your way! When you played, it seemed as if your opponent doesn't know how to play this game anymore! How do you do that? Haha. Well, at least your worst victory was against me in the FT10. I don't know anybody else who uses the SC5 mechanics as intelligently and effectively as you do. To me you're one of the best players in the world, without a doubt. ... And you will NEVER take that from me.

Di
It was nice to meet you, because I know you since the SC3-days when I watched the videos of your Xianghua as a way to improve my style! Thank you sooooo much for organizing the stream and all the equipment! Even though it wasn't MLG quality, but at least we don't have thos f***ing adverts all the time! :) Hope to see you next year, too.

Matt-JF
I was looking forward to seeing you before the EBO because we had so many matches on PSN which were so close - and they were offline as well. You're definitely the best Polish player after Ring at the moment. I enjoyed playing you a lot and maybe we can have some more PSN-sessions later, if you want to. :)

Crescent_Moon
Aka the "Hype-machine"! Every tournament needs somebody like you! And I'm glad you followed my advice NOT to drive into trees, lol. Unfortunately, I didn't see any of your matches (or I've already forgotten :( ).

Heniek
Also another big Polish name I know since the SC3 days. But I can't say anything about you're matches because I haven't seen any. =/ I hope you enjoyed your stay at EBO a lot, some goes to all the Polish players!

WhYYZ
It was good to have you on board. I know what it feels like to be the only one from your country and to be the only one who speaks your first language, so I was able to understand your situation. :) I hope you took a lot with you and can spread SC5 further in the Netherlands! See you!

Malek
La revange était à moi! :) C'était un plaisir de te revoir comme d'habitude. Je ne peux pas imaginer un tournoi avec une ambiance triste quand tu es là! Même si tu joues plus tellement SC5, tu as eu un très bon résultat, donc, peut-être ce serait mieux, si tu t'entraînais pas. Sinon on va avoir des Ivy miroirs encore une fois en final la prochaine fois.... et j'en ai vu ASSEZ en SC4, lol.

Sazayel
Tu as très bien joué, à mon avis, tu aurais pû finir beaucoup mieux en solo. J'espère que tu peux trouver un moyen pour faire les autres jouers francais jouer SC5 de nouveau. Si c'était la dernière fois qu'on voyait une équipe francais en SC5, ce serait plus que dommage! Espérons le mieux pour un nouveau patch (intelligent...) C'était super de te revoir! :)

Dranakal
Tu m'as presque eu en solo! :) J'ai vraiment peur de ton Mitsu! Il y a encore beaucoup de potentiel en toi. Je suis sûr de te revoir plus tard. Et je crois que tu pourrais avoir de meilleurs résultats, si tu n'étais pas tellement émotionnel pendant que tu joues. Parfois, ca fait pas du bien. :)

Pantocrator
Weil du ja sowieso verstehst, was ich sage, schreibe ich dir das gleich auf Deutsch. Es war wie immer schön, dass du da warst und was mich neben deinem unglaublich starken Siegfried (gegen den ich ja mal so gar kein Land gesehen habe) am meisten beeindruckt hat, waren deine Deutsch-Skills! Vielleicht können wir ja mal wieder was organieren, wenn du hin Hamburg bist, oder ich (früher oder später) wieder in Paris! Mach's gut, Monsieur! :)

I hope I didn't forget anyone! :)

Negative points this year were simply the absence of docvizzo, Sacharja, Synraii and Asodimazze! All of you could have made it very far.

And let me point out again that it was the absolute correct decision not to allow Viola for the main tournaments. I don't regret banning her AT ALL. To me this was proven true when Dark Slayer managed to OCV the whole Team UK just by using Viola. So great to see tournament matches without constant safe orb mixups that deal half bar and so on....

It was so great to see you all (again)!

Regards, Kalas

My "Worst victory", haha :P It's such a shame that we can't connect on PSN. I felt like I knew the Leixia MU pretty well until I played you. There are still so many things I don't know about this game.

To me this was proven true when Dark Slayer managed to OCV the whole Team UK just by using Viola.

Hey, following this logic we should ban Ivy too! :p

I'm writing a front page article covering the tournament experience that was EBO. Does anyone have links to the videos, or rather, are the videos all uploaded?

Ok, I added all the names for the videos of the Solo tournament. But I'm not able to add all the names for the team videos because I can't even remember all the teams, it's too hard for me to figure out every constellation just by watching the videos. =/

It's not me playing here. I think it's Malek(?) vs Dropical. My solo tournament match against Dropical was on Xiba's stage and I don't think it was recorded.

It's not me playing here. I think it's Malek(?) vs Dropical. My solo tournament match against Dropical was on Xiba's stage and I don't think it was recorded.
I think it's Malek v WhYYZ, as they also had to play at the same stage of the tournament.

I'ts malek VS me.
No other Ivy player uses more 66k and 6AK than me :P.

And damn I really didn't do good there....

Back