E3 2014

Norik

[14] Master
With E3 starting today, a million threads will inevitably pop up in this subforum for every announcement and it'll be a mess. So just post anything noteworthy (that doesn't already have its own thread) here. If a topic proves popular or controversial, it'll get it's own thread.

Get hype?

e3times2014.png

Press Conferences:
microsoft_banneroeuo6.png

Press release from May 6 said:
Another May is upon us, which can mean only one thing: E3 is just a few short weeks away. Today we’re confirming that Xbox: Game On, the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing, will take place Monday, June 9 beginning at 9:30 a.m. PDT. During the briefing, you’ll be treated to everything from in-depth looks at previously announced games to trailers for our unannounced games coming in 2014 and beyond. You can stream Xbox: Game On live beginning on June 9 at 9:00 a.m. PDT with our pre-show coverage on Xbox.com, Xbox Live, and Windows Phone globally. You can also watch Xbox: Game On on Spike TV in the U.S. and Canada at 9:30 a.m. PDT.

t1402331400z4.png

Time: 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT / 16:30 PM GMT
Length: 90 minutes
Host: Phil Spencer and/or Phil Harrison probably
Venue: The Galen Center - 3400 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90007

Games

Known:
  • Halo 5: Guardians
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Fable: Legends
  • Killer Instinct Season 2
  • At least 1 New IP
Likely:
  • Forza Horizon 2
  • Halo 2 Anniversary
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  • Quantum Break
  • ID@XBOX games (Below especially),
  • A Makoto Asada (ex-Cave) game
Possible:
  • D4 (Dark Dreams Don't Die)
  • Rumored:
  • Gears of War 4
E3 Hubs:
Main: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e3
News/Blog: http://news.xbox.com/
Streams:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e3#fbid=Hech-OXFVgg
On your Xbox
On Spike TV
Or with the Windows Phone app
GameTrailers: http://www.gametrailers.com/e3
http://www.twitch.tv/Twitch
ea_bannerbiuib.png

Press release from May 6 said:
Be a part of the action when Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) unveils all new gaming experiences for players around the world on Monday, June 9 at 12:00 p.m. PT (3:00 p.m. ET) exclusively on Spike TV and streaming via Twitch on www.ea.com/e3. “EA World Premiere: E3 2014 Preview” will feature the first look at the all-new Battlefield™ Hardline from Visceral Games, the latest from EA SPORTS™ FIFA 15, Madden NFL 15, EA SPORTS UFC, NHL 15, Dragon Age™: Inquisition, The Sims™ 4 and more. EA will also give fans a behind-the-scenes look on new projects in development from DICE, Criterion, and Waystone Games™.

t1402340400z4.png

Time: 12:00 PM PDT / 3:00 PM EDT / 7:00 PM GMT
Length: 60 minutes
Host: Andrew Wilson
Venue: Shrine Auditorium - 665 W Jefferson Blvd Los Angeles, CA, 90007

Games

Known:
  • Battlefield Hardline
  • EA SPORTS UFC
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • FIFA 15
  • Madden NFL 15
  • NHL 15
  • The Sims 4
Likely:
  • Dawngate
  • Mirror's Edge
  • New Criterion IP
  • Star Wars Battlefront
  • Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14
Rumored:
  • Mass Effect 4
Hubs:
Streams:
ubisoft_bannerz3u69.png

From blog post (with lineup) from May 22 said:
Ubisoft’s Media Briefing: June 9, 3p.m. PDT, at the Orpheum Theatre in downtown Los Angeles. Hosted by actress and comedian Aisha Tyler. Broadcast live on YouTube and Twitch.

t1402351200z4.png

Time: 3:00 PM PDT / 6:00 PM EDT / 10:00 PM GMT
Length: 60 minutes approx.
Host: Aisha Tyler
Venue: Orpheum Theatre - 842 South Broadway, Los Angeles, CA

Games

Known:
  • Assassin’s Creed Unity
  • Far Cry 4
  • The Crew
  • The Division
  • Valiant Hearts: The Great War
Likely:
  • Catz/Dogz
  • Just Dance
Rumored:
  • Steel Panthers
E3 Hubs:
Streams:
sonybanner5aurd.png

Some nigga said:
E3 2014 is almost upon us! Continuing our annual tradition, PlayStation will livestream the full PlayStation E3 2014 Press Conference on Monday, June 9th at 6:00pm Pacific / 9:00pm Eastern, beginning with a quick pre-show 15 minutes prior. You’ll be able to watch right here on PlayStation.Blog, PlayStation.com, or Ustream. RSVP here if you know what’s good for you.

Then, starting Tuesday at 12:00pm Pacific / 3:00pm Eastern, we’ll serve up a three-day LiveCast smorgasbord of live game demos, developer interviews, and new game trailers. Justin, Ryan and I will be joined by the talented Anthony Carboni and Meredith Molinari, so you know it’s gonna be good. Or, at the very least, serviceable!

t1402362000z4.png

Time: 06:00 PM PT
Length: 60-120 minutes
Host: Supposedly Shawn Layden and Andrew House
Venue: Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena - 3939 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90037

Games

Known:
  • 70+ games to be featured at the booth
  • Driveclub
  • PixelOpus game
  • The Order 1886
Likely:
  • New indie games
  • The Last of Us HD
  • Uncharted 4
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
  • Helldivers
  • Rime
  • Shadow of the Beast
  • The Last Guardian
Rumored:
  • Arc the Lad
  • Bloodborne
  • Entwined
  • God Of War
  • Kill Strain
  • Project Beast
E3 Hubs:
Streams:
nintendo_bannern7uke.png

Reggie Fils-Aime - Nintendo Direct said:
Every year, Nintendo looks for the best way to show its games and share its news with fans, media and other key audiences. In 2013, Nintendo decided to forgo a traditional press conference and use a video – in that case a Nintendo Direct – to share its news from E3. The company is building on that approach at E3 2014 with the "Nintendo Digital Event," a new kind of video program that will reveal and provide further detail about the gaming experiences on the way for Nintendo platforms in 2014 and beyond. The Nintendo Digital Event will air at 9 a.m. PT on Tuesday, June 10.

They have several other events going on as well, which you can read about here.

t1402416000z4.png

Time: 9:00 AM PDT / 10:00 AM EDT / 2:00 PM GMT
Length: ≈60 minutes
Host: Supposedly Mr. Iwata and Reggie Fils-Aime
Venue: N/A

Games

Known:
  • NFP compatible titles/NFP products
  • Super Smash Bros for Wii U
  • Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
  • Bayonetta 2
  • X (Monolith Project)
  • Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Sonic Boom
  • Wii U software titles that can only be made possible with the Wii U GamePad
Likely:
  • Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
  • The Legend of Zelda for Wii U
Rumored:
  • Eternal Darkness
  • Metroid
  • Pokkén Fighters
  • Pokkén Tournament
  • Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. Strike Team Eliminating the Alien Menace
  • New Mario Wii U game
  • Yarn Yoshi
E3 Hubs:
Streams:

Last edited:
My highlights from the MS conference:
HOLY SHIIIIET A DUNGEON CRAWLEEEEERRRRRR

---

New Platinum Ip! Is it an exclusive? Can anyone confirm?

---

Not sure I like this, but here's the new Fable:

---

Quake Maker? LOL this was probably the best game in the conference, or at least the most promising.

---

The highlight of the conference for sure. The game itself doesn't look that great TBH, but HOLY SHIT THAT TRAILER!!!

---

There was also a Halo 5 CGI trailer and a bunch of indie shitware.
Of course, there was a Halo. And of course, they didn't show any gameplay. Overall, I felt like there was too much "retro" and not enough Next-Gen. Hellrraid looks fucking phenomenal, and that new Platinum game looks promising too. But for the most part, the games they showed looked like iPhone games. Let's see what else they have in store... (?)

---

EDIT: SHIT, IDK how I missed this. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=833898

EVERY HALO EVER COMBINED. AT 1080P.

Last edited:
Actually saw some games I'd like to play. Can't say anything more positive than that. Hellraid looks awesome. White night interests me as a noir fan. Phantom Dust is an all time favorite of mine so for me a sequel is big news. Fable Legends interests me but I'm unsure of it. I will reserve judgement. As for the EA conference so far? New mass effect, "new region of space" sounds to me like "let's avoid dealing with the mess we made in the last game". Looks beautiful though, naturally. A new Mirror's Edge is good to see though. Also an EA MOBA? Just gotta get a piece of every pie eh?

Last edited:
EA was absolute shit. SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS GUNS SPORTS.

LittlebigPlannet 3? I would like to see something like that
If they could make it 3D (or to create either 2D or 3D worlds) that would be GREAT! Just think of all of the possibilities!

Fable Legends looked absolutely beautiful, but I am still skeptical about the whole 4 vs 1 mechanic with the villain using a top down perspective. I would really love if the game still incorporated a single player campaign along with the co-op, cause I think that is where the driving force behind this game would be.

I just want another Fable that was more like 2 and less like the last two that won't be mentioned.

Rainbow six looked awesome, if it delivers on the destructible environment front. Sweet surprise, my friend's sister was one of the stage dancers for just dance. Just cool to see somebody you recognize like that.

Sony conference feels like it's dragging on. So many "debuts" and "footage debuts". Multiplat trailers. A lot of trying to build small shit up to seem important. "Here is a four minute speech building up to a trailer for some DLC." Sooooo boring. "It's all about the games. Never mind I just spent 30 minutes talking about 'leveraging our brand power', now here's some guy to talk for twenty minutes about movies and television." "Free is free!" *Some features available with an additional fee* LBP looks cute though, trailer for let it die convinces me I don't want to play it, lol.

Back