Easy-Breezy Talim Combos

New Combo Tech/Glitch!

To explain what is happening, basically, when Talim lands a CH AA she's usually only supposed to confirm into A,A,A+B. Her A,A,A and A,A,B series are only supposed to guaranteed after a stun.

However, by inputting a JF slide input of AA a+bA, you get AAA all guaranteed. And by inputting A,A,a+bB,A or A,A,a+bB,B gives you those AABA and AABB strings guaranteed as well. The last two hits of AABA give you a fre WNS A+B on hit. Putting all that together allows for CH AA combos like this one.

CH A,A,a+b,B,A~6~WNS A+B~2A+B = 71 dmg

Going even further, in soul charge you now get a Launch off of the last hit of A,A,B,(B) which as we all know gives free Cannon. So, now, you get CH A,A,a+b,B(B)~WNF B,B = 99 dmg plus possible ringout. Off an i12 ish CH confirm.

Practice up while you can, people, lol.

New Combo Tech/Glitch!

To explain what is happening, basically, when Talim lands a CH AA she's usually only supposed to confirm into A,A,A+B. Her A,A,A and A,A,B series are only supposed to guaranteed after a stun.

However, by inputting a JF slide input of AA a+bA, you get AAA all guaranteed. And by inputting A,A,a+bB,A or A,A,a+bB,B gives you those AABA and AABB strings guaranteed as well. The last two hits of AABA give you a fre WNS A+B on hit. Putting all that together allows for CH AA combos like this one.

Going even further, in soul charge you now get a Launch off of the last hit of A,A,B,(B) which as we all know gives free Cannon. So, now, you get CH A,A,a+b,B(B)~WNF B,B = 99 dmg plus possible ringout. Off an i12 ish CH confirm.

YOOOO that’s an amazing find!!! So you have to cancel the A+B really fast I’m assuming?

YOOOO that’s an amazing find!!! So you have to cancel the A+B really fast I’m assuming?
Yeah it's hard to explain the actual timing of it, But you have to tap A+B right before the next input. So for AAA to be all guaranteed, you have to hit A+B right before the third A. In AAB series, you tap A+B right before the third hit, B , as well.

I can get it right now about 40% in training mode, which probably means about 20% in real game pressure, but it just takes some getting used to.

What makes this even better is that WNS A+B sets up her 44B tech trap. Also, if the opponent figures out they're supposed to tech right, you can do a slightly delayed WNC to the left and catch them with WNC A+G instead.

What makes this even better is that WNS A+B sets up her 44B tech trap. Also, if the opponent figures out they're supposed to tech right, you can do a slightly delayed WNC to the left and catch them with WNC A+G instead.
seems like pretty much all her non-CE tech traps lose to right tech. Though I find most people aren't that conscious of "right" vs "left" and are mainly teching towards the background or the foreground. So if they're always teching correctly, try it on the 2P side, lol.

It should be working. The only time I see the opponent escape it is if they tech right. It might be a situational thing, like the character has a specific body type or you're near a wall and it's failing because of that.

I'll test it again later. Need to do homework.

New Combo Tech/Glitch!

Interesting. Since the animation cancel window for the A+B followup is at the very beginning of the second A, and near the end for AAB followup, it seems animation canceling it makes it fast enough to hit. Essentially a mid-combo kara, which is neat.

Doing it without a A+B button is tricky, but with one, I have about a 85% success rate with it right now. Trick is to do the A+B into either a B or A right before the second A comes out, as the animation cancel for the A+B is right there. So you want it to accept the A+B then immediately cancel into either B or A.

Here's a video which shows the timing for it. With a A+B shortcut, it is very reliable. I imagine this will be patched, but hey, use and abuse for the time being.

Can't stress how quickly you need to go from A+B to either B or A. Without the A+B button, this is sooo tiring on the hands. Doing AA A+B BB all at lightning speed before the second A comes out was killing my wrist, hahaha.

Okay, so 44B fails to catch left tech after WNS A+B against Azwel, Geralt, Groh, Ivy, Kilik, Mina, Raphael, Sophitia, Taki, Tira, Xianghua, and Zasalamel. It does catch left tech against all of them except for Ivy after 22_88B:B, though.

Okay, so 44B fails to catch left tech after WNS A+B against Azwel, Geralt, Groh, Ivy, Kilik, Mina, Raphael, Sophitia, Taki, Tira, Xianghua, and Zasalamel. It does catch left tech against all of them except for Ivy after 22_88B:B, though.
LOL, welp... that sounds pretty useless then. Character specific AND misses right tech on the rest?
Maybe you can tech trap with CE instead.

I was thinking that, thanks for pointing that out in your game play video by the way. Yeah, it's rather disheartening considering how much utility 44B gives.

Interesting. Since the animation cancel window for the A+B followup is at the very beginning of the second A, and near the end for AAB followup, it seems animation canceling it makes it fast enough to hit. Essentially a mid-combo kara, which is neat.

Doing it without a A+B button is tricky, but with one, I have about a 85% success rate with it right now. Trick is to do the A+B into either a B or A right before the second A comes out, as the animation cancel for the A+B is right there. So you want it to accept the A+B then immediately cancel into either B or A.

Here's a video which shows the timing for it. With a A+B shortcut, it is very reliable. I imagine this will be patched, but hey, use and abuse for the time being.

Can't stress how quickly you need to go from A+B to either B or A. Without the A+B button, this is sooo tiring on the hands. Doing AA A+B BB all at lightning speed before the second A comes out was killing my wrist, hahaha.
I'm actually having no luck at all doing it this way.

I'm actually having no luck at all doing it this way.

Hmm... it seems to be consistent for me that way. Sadly, I can't help much beyond recommending the basic timing, which is pressing A+B then immediately A right as the second A connects.

I've still yet to sit down and work it into my game or anything, really. I think if you just started reprogramming your brain to view the AA followups as if needing the A+B normally, you could probably just fall into a habit of always doing it. Of course, that also means delaying AA~B is not really an option anymore.

I gotta say Zero effect. That AAa+b cancel is neither easy NOR breazy. I demand a thread title change.
I won't try to tell you it's super simple or anything like that, but if you're on a stick I feel it's way easier than I thought it would be. I can get it about 70% of the time.

Hey all I'm having 100% success rate on pad right now. My A+B is the R1 / RB / whatever is the top right button for you all.
The timing actually isn't very strict at all, I'm pressing A+B while the AA is still hitting, and then pressing B. I'm pressing each button at the same speed. A, A, A+B macro, B, B.

I gotta say Zero effect. That AAa+b cancel is neither easy NOR breazy. I demand a thread title change.
I dunno what you're looking at. It's most definitely breezy.

This, all inputs at the same same steady rate :)
Yeah seems like just finding the rhythm and doing each one back to back works for me too. There's no confirming this though, you're going to have to go for it if you want to hit it in game.

Part of me wants to learn it because i know how useful it is
Part of me thinks it will get patched out
But all of me supports you all in this endeavor
It should probably be patched out, lol. In exchange for some things being put in, imo

Last edited:
Back