Easy-Breezy Talim Combos

Has anyone seen what you get off 3B in the middle of combos? Feels like they don't launch high enough for anything from back turned to work.

About Reversal Edge:

|A| = against A move (same for |B| & |K|)

((1st Clash))
|A| - RE B,B ~ BT K = 41dmg
|A| - 6~WNF B,B = 87 dmg
|B| - RE K = 25 dmg
|B| - 2_8~WNF K ~ 66B ~ 3B = 57 dmg
[K] - RE A~2_8~WNC AKA = 49 dmg
[K] - 4~WNF B,B = 87 dmg

((2nd Clash))
|A| - RE B ~ BT B ~ 4B(A) *hold A for re-stun* ~ BT A,A,B = 72 dmg
|A| - RE B ~ BT B ~ 4B(A) *hold A for re-stun* ~ BT CE = 77 dmg
|B| - RE K ~ FC3B,B ~2~ WNC B,B 4B,B = 51 dmg
|K| - RE A~4~WNF B,B = 73 dmg

Also would like to point out I found a better combo for LH 6(A+B).
LH 6(A+B)~6B,B~6~WNS B or WNS(B) does around 96 dmg and held version puts you in stance for oki.

I'm a big old rookie when it comes to labbing for 3D, but is this combo about yet? It's what I've been messing with, even if landing WNF(K) is a rarity.

There's a lot of ways to do the ender, I like doing 2A+B so I can go into stance. Far as I can tell, no matter which way they ukemi, the low hits them and they can't attack through it. Easy to counter-hit confirm into 3B if they do, otherwise you just get rising B (K, if they Ukemi to the side). You can also be silly and just do another WNF(K), the second hit will reach if they don't ukemi backwards, then you can just keep doing the same thing. If nothing else, it reminds me of doing relaunchers as Ibuki on low-level players in Third Strike, so I found it amusing.

Hopefully this is at least slightly new, if not. Oops~

--

Also hi fellow Talim players. Please be my guide through my Soulcalibur Trials~

Put the opponent on 2nd action block everything to make sure combos are guaranteed, don’t think that last part is.

Put the opponent on 2nd action block everything to make sure combos are guaranteed, don’t think that last part is.

Oops, forgot I reset my settings before recording. It does work though -- depending on what you're referring to. WNF(A) naturals into a few things, far as I can tell. Provided that's what you're pointing at.

I was more worried I forgot something like air control, but it seems to work just fine. I tried air controlling out of it myself.

Also would like to point out I found a better combo for LH 6(A+B).
LH 6(A+B)~6B,B~6~WNS B or WNS(B) does around 96 dmg and held version puts you in stance for oki.

Mentioned this in the move analysis thread, but you can get this off of CH WNF A as well. Which seems a bit better than FC3B and its followups, as it's the same damage with optional stance.

I'm a big old rookie when it comes to labbing for 3D, but is this combo about yet? It's what I've been messing with, even if landing WNF(K) is a rarity.
From what I've labbed, the WNS (K) hits fairly consistently and then you can follow up with A,A,A+B or 4B,B for max damage.
A good number of her other launchers can also combo into WNS (K) as well.

New midscreen combo for 3B.
3B~4B(A)~G(turnaround)~6B for 51 dmg

This combo is tricky to time at first for two reasons. One the 4B(A) hold isn't max charge version, but like a half charge. There's a release timing where you hold it long enough so that on air hit it bounds the opponent to the floor. It gets even trickier midscreen because you then have to press G and turn around and hit 6B as fast as possible to get the grounded hit.

This cannot be teched out of, but I also haven't tested on every character yet, so there may be some who it whiffs on. But you can apply the same 4B(A)~G~6B ender to just about all her juggles that you'd use 4BB on. 4BB is still the option for oki setups though.

So combining those two:

WNF K~6B+K~WNS (K)~4B(A)~BT AAB works for 66 damage. Puts you BT on wakeup.

Not sure if this is really that much better than just doing

WNF K~66B~2(A+B) and using the stance for oki. But it is higher damage.

This also works off a LH BT A+B if you do:

LH BT A+B~6~6B+K~WNS K~4B(A)~BT AAB for 83.

Last edited:
Hm, maybe character specific? I've tested vs Groh and vs Talim. Here it is vs Talim:

Don't mind the dummy settings, I've done it with guard all/ukemi. :P
Are you doing the short hop version of WNS (K)? (6B+K4~(K)) If so that may be why I'm messing it up.

Are you doing the short hop version of WNS (K)? (6B+K4~(K)) If so that may be why I'm messing it up.

Nope, just the normal 6B+K for WNS, you can see it in my inputs. :P

I know that this doesn't hit properly with the 3B combo, because the 4B(A) will knock them too far, but it does seem to work fine off WNS K popup.

Back