Easy-Breezy Talim Combos

What's good on the wall combos outside of Soul Charge? Seems like 2(A+B) into Cannon doesn't work if you hit them close to the wall. Cannon whiffs. You have to be a bit farther out so they wallsplat later.
6K only combos into itself or 4B which is scaled damage.

22A is the best setup but, it's not gonna be easy to land all the time. What are some of the better Wall combos and wall combo starters you guys have found? @Kura @GranmasGotGame @Thylacine492 or anyone else.

22A, 6K, AABB(last atack), WNC K etc... i most use these about wall combo starters

Did some messing around in training and discovered some uses for WNS K (JF).

- CH 6B,B~6,4~WNS K (JF)~WNS (K)~4B,(A) *half charge*~BT A,A,B 81 damage
- WNF A~6B,B~6,4~WNS K (JF)~WNS (K)~4B,(A) *half charge*~BT A,A,B 64 damage
- LH 6(A+B)~6B,B~6,4~WNS K (JF)~WNS (K)~4B,(A) *half charge*~BT A,A,B 113 damage

Notes (edited):
The combos whiff against Cervantes, Ivy, Xianghua, Azwell, and Raphael but work if the oppoenet techs.

Against small characters 4B,(A) is unlikely to hit due to distance, so using 3B is the next best option that I found. Using 3B changes the damage to 72, 60, and 105, respectively.

So, um, good luck I guess trying to consistently get this if you're not good at the JF?

Last edited:
Did some messing around in training and discovered some uses for WNS K (JF).

- CH 6B,B~6,4~WNS K (JF)~WNS (K)~4B,(A) *half charge*~BT A,A,B 81 damage
- WNF A~6B,B~6,4~WNS K (JF)~WNS (K)~4B,(A) *half charge*~BT A,A,B 64 damage
- LH 6(A+B)~6B,B~6,4~WNS K (JF)~WNS (K)~4B,(A) *half charge*~BT A,A,B 113 damage

Notes:
My timing for the JF isn't particularly great so I haven't checked all of the cast. I was able to check these against everyone except Taki, Tira, Mina, Raphael, and Voldo before I gave up.

The 6B,B combo whiffs against Cervantes and occasionally Ivy/Xianghua but works if they tech. The WNF A combo whiffs against Cervantes, Xianghua, Ivy, and occasionally Azwel, though it works if they try to tech. The LH 6(A+B) combo worked on all the characters I tested and was untechable.

Against small characters 4B,(A) is unlikely to hit due to distance, so using 3B is the next best option that I found. Using 3B changes the damage to 72, 60, and 105, respectively.

So, um, good luck I guess trying to consistently get this if you're not good at the JF?
Can do this off of LH RE K as well and it actually breaks 60 dmg, lol. CE was 58 and the scaling prevents other combos from being higher than that.

Some extra Talim oki stuff.
This will probably be my last tech-based video for awhile, unless something truly gamebreaking is found.

Found a way to land -236B~44B6~WNS (K)~4B,(A) on small enemies(Xianghua and other Talims)

You have to delay 44B6 so that 44B hits when they are JUST about to land. Then WNS (K) will not whiff.

Found a way to land -236B~44B6~WNS (K)~4B,(A) on small enemies(Xianghua and other Talims)

You have to delay 44B6 so that 44B hits when they are JUST about to land. Then WNS (K) will not whiff.
Short hopping also works on the regular combo. I don’t have it listed on any of the combos I added so I should probably fix that. I kind of forgot the mechanic existed for a while, so thanks for the reminder.

Though this does bring up something interesting. I wonder why it works with a delay but not normally.

Edit: My earlier combo list has now been fixed.

Last edited:
still a super weird LH, running K is such a gimmicky move in the first place lmao. But it's super funny when it happens.

What is the purpose of Talim's WF B lethal hit? It doesn't lead into combos... If anything, it makes the move worse because it removes the ring out potential...

Such a stupid design.

What is the purpose of Talim's WF B lethal hit? It doesn't lead into combos... If anything, it makes the move worse because it removes the ring out potential...

Such a stupid design.

Cause Big Damage. That's why.

Also, if you do this break near the edge, you can still ring out by using 6A+B afterward. It's pretty funny.

How does this stupid guard break scaling system work! 66A+B gives near full damage post break but AABB gives ridiculous scaling.

How does this stupid guard break scaling system work! 66A+B gives near full damage post break but AABB gives ridiculous scaling.
Now THAT I don't know, lol. Seems like 66A+B, 4BB 2nd hit, WNC A+B, & WNS (B), all give the highest damage.

Weirder still, 4BB done mid-combo, (like after WNF A), only gives 57 dmg for LH Cannon. The regular 4BB gives full damage.

From what I’ve seen, breaking with 1A+B gives the worst scaling off of a normal break.
8B can be added to the list of highest damage breaks, though you have to be careful to not jump over certain characters.

From what I’ve seen, breaking with 1A+B gives the worst scaling off of a normal break.
8B can be added to the list of highest damage breaks, though you have to be careful to not jump over certain characters.
Forgot to mention 8B, but yeah.

Random stuff I figured out-

Guard Crush: 4B,B breaks, gives full damage, and gives enough time for LH WNF B:B.

SC Setup: Using 66A after any launch leaves the opponent high enough in the air for an SC without knocking them away and leaves Talim close enough to not have to struggle to get back in. Depending on what direction the opponent air controls to they can end up behind you after.

Tech Trap: 4B,A *partial charge* against an airborne opponent leaves Talim enough time to BT B+K~BT (4)A+G. It catches all tech except for forward (the opponent recovers slightly faster and that allows them to duck) and Ivy/Astaroth’s back tech.
The opponent can also duck under the throw, but that leaves them open to BT B.

Last edited:
Back