Edge Master Series Major 2014

Wyde

[11] Champion
Lots of good things to say about the event: got to know people a bit better during the hour we were waiting at the door, got lots of games in as Algol and other characters on consoles he wasn't unlocked on (mostly Maxi, oddly enough), and came ever so close to making it into top 8, had it not been for losing to Pantocrator by a whisker. =P

Hope to find myself at HOG again with you guys sooner rather than later!

GGs guys :)

I best do my shoutouts too :)

@HolyCarp Yo bro thanks for traveling with me again our convos make journeys just fly by lol Congrats on 3rd place aswell, you were playing awesome GGs :)
@ZER0 Hey man glad to see you got back ok, was fun overnight playing casuals and messing around with in game glitches :P welcome to the official UK offline scene, GGs :)
@TxA Yo man, glad you made it, over the space of those 2 days you improved so much, enjoyed our many games and our training mode sessions lol Hope you can come to one of these again GGs:)
@Wyde i only got to play you in a few maxi mirrors lol still good to see ya GGs :)
@Rakazuki Yo man great casuals vs your Dampierre its very good GGs :)
@Zanaken glad i helped you "warm up" xD sorry you had to let me win after i told you i had cancer lol GGs
@WolfLoneThe Yo never got to play you, i need to take that title off you of best in UK xD hope to play you soon.
@Age_of_Truth Hey good to see you, i dunno if you just couldnt be arsed or i was playing really well during our casuals lol GGs man
@Silent_Joel Thanks for setting up event, GGs in the ft5 if only it was recorded lol
@Kalas Yo man so good to see you again, i love your Leixia and you <3 xD Awesome games in our casuals so fun GGs :)
@GolD ShaD Hey Congrats on winning, amazing execution thoughtout the tourney. fun casuals at the start on Saturday and that very intense game in the team tourney GGs )
@Pantocrator Hey your a cool person xD definitely best Seigfried i know ( Joel is a strong second :P) I need to play you more and vs Seig in general, fun casuals GGs :)
@Kerrigan Heeeey :D waiting a day and a half you get to play your proper characters was well worth it, i really enough all our games you made me put in work to defeat your Natsu, definetly my favourite set :) Ofc i liked our ZWEI mirrors too even if you didnt xD Great games! :)

Sorry if i missed anyone out, i love you all <3 xD and shoutouts to my cousin if it wasnt for him i proberly wouldnt have been able to make it, im so glad i did, next time im gonna try play everyone especially the players i cant simply play on XBL.

GGs all

#ZWEIhighestlowtier

Last edited:
ggs guys and thank you all for making this a very special first time for me:
now time for shoutouts:
@HolyCarp and @AndyrooxDS was great seeing you both again and thanks a ton for taking the time to meet up with me and show me how to get to HoG. I'm sure you both know how stressed out I've been all month about this.
@bushindu was great to you in person, your Ivy still annoying as ever :D
@GolD ShaD I really wanted to have a few casuals with you after Adam was saying how you beat him, but before I knew it you were gone. and congrats on winning ESM and invading the UK
@Kalas was delightful to see you in the flesh, I swear you have the most loveliest German voice ever. but remember I want my revenge...I was so close and you took it away from me XD
@LYSArachnid we never got any casuals in, but thanks for coming. We'll have to get them via PSN I guess
@Phil O was great to finally see you, really hope you had a great time with us
@Rakazuki my boy Rak, aside from Oofmatic I've never come across a Damp so annoyingly good...was great doing casuals in person
@Silent_Joel a very big thank you to you, Hyrul and Bullet for organising such an awesome event, and for letting me do the commentary for the stream...next time I'mma bring my ALL my cables so we can stream and record in high quality. Also thanks a bunch to the guys that were willing to sit down and do commentary with me...solo commentary isn't easy
@sotirislive was fun doing casuals against your Maxi
@Synalon thanks for being my partner last minute. with also great doing casuals with your Viola.
@TxA your Natsu is surprisingly quite good, was fun doing casuals with you man.
@WolfLoneThe just seeing you rock that Patroklos and playing your Mitsu was more than enough for me to see why you're one of the UK's best players
@Wyde we never really got in any casuals in, but hopefully this will change next time.
@Kerrigan I never really got the chance to formally introduce myself or get any casuals in with you...you seemed so busy with Andy or just learning in general that I didn't want to be rude and disturb you.
@Zanaken if there was anyone who made my day, it was you with your trashtalk, really did put a smile on my face
@Pantocrator was an absolute joy doing casuals with you...without a doubt you are my new fav Siegfried, aside from Joel I've not seen a Siegfried as good as yours
and last but by no means least @Adam Ayonmike even though it was short, it was an honour to finally meet one of my heroes in the flesh, such a cool guy...I really wish you could have stayed longer. when we played, you instantly knew I was getting frustrated but you quickly reassured me.

thank you all for making this a special weekend...also shoutouts to the stream for saying me and Hyrul sound like Aris and Bibulus respectively while commentating on stream...and that one guy who called me Mr Bean lol

#MalfestedVaginas

EMS Major 2014 - Top 8
Rank
Player
Teams
User
1st
Gold Shad
2nd
WolfLoneThe
3rd
HolyCarp
4th
Hyrul
5th
Adam
5th
Kerrigan
7th
Pantocrator
7th
Silent Joel

Groups: http://emsm14.challonge.com/

Team Tournament 2v2
1st - Low Tier Heroes - Gold Shad (Alpha) & Silent Joel (Cervantes)
2nd - Annoying Bitches - Kalas (Lexia) & HolyCarp (Omega)

Videos
Groups: http://www.twitch.tv/thewonderpark/b/581676469
Top 8 & 2v2: http://www.twitch.tv/thewonderpark/b/581754695, http://www.twitch.tv/thewonderpark/b/581835074

I hope next time I can achieve top 8, at least that's the goal...current me wasn't not prepared for the level of skill involved here...I'll have redouble my efforts if I'm to hang with you guys

I hope next time I can achieve top 8, at least that's the goal...current me wasn't not prepared for the level of skill involved here...I'll have redouble my efforts if I'm to hang with you guys

get gud scrub boi

More than anything, I can tell I had a good time just from the fact that I let so many of you guys beat me! I normally don't go so easy, but I felt you were all nice people and I couldn't crush your dreams without feeling bad.

Super job again, Joel. I know I only went for the Saturday, but I felt I got to have a lot of fun non-the-less.

If I talked to you or played you at all that night you get an auto-shout-out. I literally had no negative experiences at all.

See you noobs next time! (^_-)

I guess this was the biggest tournament I've been to, so I can't complain about getting 3rd ^^

Well, if we're all doing shoutouts (I'll use the tourney brackets for reference, so hopefully I won't forget anyone)...

@Silent_Joel and @Age_of_Truth Great job with the organisation of everything, so a massive thanks for making this tournament possible, as well as hosting various players and driving us places, I really appreciate it :)
@AndyrooxDS So glad you managed to make it in the end, but slightly gutted you didn't make top 8, especially considering how well you were playing throughout the weekend.
@Kalas I'm still a little salty on your behalf, about how you were put in the same pool as me, Adam and Andyroo. I really wanted all four of us to go through. However, I hope you still enjoyed your time in England and that you'll be back soon. We definitely had some GGs - those Zelda mirrors were fun... and I suppose our SC games weren't so bad either :P
@Adam Ayonmike Was great to finally meet you in person. You were really on point during the tourney, I wasn't prepared for how well you were playing! It's a shame there wasn't time for more casuals, but our FT3 was a lot of fun.
@ZER0 It's always great for the community to have someone with so much enthusiasm for the game. Great to see you're still improving too.
@Zanaken Glad you managed to suddenly appear out of nowhere and play the tourney.
@sotirislive Good to see you again, as always.
@Wyde Damn, you came pretty close to making the top 8! Shame I didn't manage to get any games in with you before you left.
@WolfLoneThe Congrats on getting your revenge after being knocked into losers bracket. Shame you didn't go all the way and take the finals too, but very well played nonetheless.
@TxA Glad we got to play some casuals. Sorry I couldn't give you that many details when you asked what you were doing wrong (if I remember, I'll pm you later with a couple more thoughts), but tbh, you have the right mentality to succeed in this game; you'll only improve with experience.
@Pantocrator Thanks for the games. Siegfried is definitely an under-represented character, so it was great that you came along to the tourney.
@GolD ShaD Felicitations pour ta victoire! Ton Alpha etait trop fort pour moi, donc je dois ameliorer bientot :P
@LYSArachnid Ahh, I was hoping we'd get time to play some games before you left. Hopefully next time!
@Phil O HOW DID WE MISS EACH OTHER? I just assumed I'd catch you on the Sunday. Hope you had fun though.
@Kerrigan It was a pleasure to meet you and play some casuals. You have a very interesting Natsu, and your aggressive style was a lot of fun to play against.
@Synalon So unfortunate that you missed out on making top 8 by a tie break. Still, it was great meeting you, and hope to see you again soon.
@bushindu GGs... well, I think we only played one, but yeah, GG :P
@Rakazuki Shame I didn't get to play you at all, but it was nice to see a true low tier hero.

Holy crap, that was a lot of text.

After my 12 hour journey back home, followed by 12 hours of sleep and followed by 12 hours of lazing around the whole day in my bed I've finally managed to get on my desk and write about the last awesome (but unfortunately very short) days.

I was having a blast with you guys in London!

Even though I have barely played at all after EBO and I didn't perform really well in the tournament, I'm still extremly happy that I have attended this event and spent the time with you.

Due to so many new faces, I cannot address all of you (simply because I don't know who each of you was), but I still want to say something to the others - just like everyone else did here before.

@Age_of_Truth and @Silent_Joel
You two... thanks so much for all the help you gave me and my fellow visitors. Everything went really smooth for me because of you. It was a pleasure to see and play you again. Joel, since last time we met you have improved a lot (no self RO this time ;)), I was very surprised with your performance. And thank you two guys for fulfilling my wish and taking me to a pub. :D

@GolD ShaD
Félicitations encore une fois, tu mérites la victoire - tu étais tout simplement le meilleur. Je n'ai fait qu'un seul match contre toi mais c'est déjà assez pour moi. C'était pas un match mais un combo vidéo d'Alpha, haha. J'espère te revoir plus tard pour faire d'autres match. Et beaucoup de succès pour ton tournoi aux États-Unis.

@HolyCarp
Home already?! :P Congrats on getting 3rd! It was simply amazing to see you again after almost two years, almost haven't recognized you at first sight - the shorter hair looks better! :) I was a little bit unlucky with my pool and you are one of the players to blame for that. We still managed to do really well later on in the team tournament. Annoying Bitches get the job done. Keep playing Smash and get yourself Pokemon ORAS so you can keep laughing at the German names of the Pokemon I will send you. Looking forward to seeing you soon, and then it'll be pub time again!!! :) And you like Lulu!!! <3

@AndyrooxDS
You and your ZWEI... what a deadly combo to me! I don't want to use my absence from the game as a lame excuse: You're amazing with him! The way you play matchups, apply pressure and have the perfect anti-strat at the right moment were so impressive. Your JG'ing was even more annoying than Carps (and that's the highest form of compliment I can give to anyone when it comes to JGs). I was happy to see you again after such a long time as well, hope it doesn't have to take another two years for the next opportunity.

@ZER0
Well, we met at last! Cool to see you, I hope you enjoyed your first big tournament. Our matches were very close, and in the end I probably only won because you were a little impatient with Nights CE. "The loveliest German voice ever"? That's new to me, haha, but thanks anyway.

@bushindu , @Synalon, @sotirislive
I enjoyed my matches against each of you and was glad to see you there. Next time, you'll be there, too, right? :)

@Adam Ayonmike
I had no idea who you were! After our pool match, when I got to know you are THE JonesTMC from PSN, I felt liked: What? Why has nobody warned me before our match? :) Cool to finally see you in person, I hope you're not too disappointed by my performance against you. It was a pity you couldn't stay longer for casuals on Sunday, I would've loved, too, but you seem to travel a lot. :) Until next time.

@WolfLoneThe
I've heard and seen so much of you, I couldn't wait to finally meet you in person. And then? Only one match against Mitsu and not even casuals against your Patroklos? This needs to change next time, ok? :) Congrats on almost taking it back in the Grand Finals.

@Zanaken
Well, from one moment to the other, you appeared out of nowhere and landed in my pool! I'm happy you did, so we got to play and talk. I was heavily impressed by your "technical" skill in this game, you managed to do things on first try that I've never done before, lol. (but I'm an input-noob anyway ;)). Also one advice from me: Next time you visit someone in Norway or anywhere else - ask for a picture before and at least try to find out, if it's a boy or a girl. xD

@Kerrigan + @Pantocrator
Glückwunsch euch beiden zu eurer Leistung in den Solos! Ich fand's nicht nur toll zwischendurch mal jemanden zu haben, mit dem man reden konnte ohne vorher drüber nachdenken zu müssen, was man eigentlich sagen will, sondern auch euch generell mal wieder zu sehen. Ich hoffe, dass ihr gut in Hamburg angekommen seid und die Tage dort vor Ort genau so genossen habt wie ich. :)

Also, shoutouts to the drunk guy from Romania in the pub. You made me laugh a lot, lol.
And no shoutouts to the last night without sleep followed by a 12 hour trip back home. If I happened to be not very chatty during the last night, I'm sorry.

I'm glad so many people came to this event, it was a pleasure to be part of it!

GG's, see you next time! And don't forgert you're always welcome in Germany as well! :)

Kind regards, Kalas

Holy crap, that was a lot of text.
Say that again after you've finished this post. :P

After my 12 hour journey back home, followed by 12 hours of sleep and followed by 12 hours of lazing around the whole day in my bed I've finally managed to get on my desk and write about the last awesome (but unfortunately very short) days.

I was having a blast with you guys in London!

Even though I have barely played at all after EBO and I didn't perform really well in the tournament, I'm still extremly happy that I have attended this event and spent the time with you.

Due to so many new faces, I cannot address all of you (simply because I don't know who each of you was), but I still want to say something to the others - just like everyone else did here before.

@Age_of_Truth and @Silent_Joel
You two... thanks so much for all the help you gave me and my fellow visitors. Everything went really smooth for me because of you. It was a pleasure to see and play you again. Joel, since last time we met you have improved a lot (no self RO this time ;)), I was very surprised with your performance. And thank you two guys for fulfilling my wish and taking me to a pub. :D

@GolD ShaD
Félicitations encore une fois, tu mérites la victoire - tu étais tout simplement le meilleur. Je n'ai fait qu'un seul match contre toi mais c'est déjà assez pour moi. C'était pas un match mais un combo vidéo d'Alpha, haha. J'espère te revoir plus tard pour faire d'autres match. Et beaucoup de succès pour ton tournoi aux États-Unis.

@HolyCarp
Home already?! :P Congrats on getting 3rd! It was simply amazing to see you again after almost two years, almost haven't recognized you at first sight - the shorter hair looks better! :) I was a little bit unlucky with my pool and you are one of the players to blame for that. We still managed to do really well later on in the team tournament. Annoying Bitches get the job done. Keep playing Smash and get yourself Pokemon ORAS so you can keep laughing at the German names of the Pokemon I will send you. Looking forward to seeing you soon, and then it'll be pub time again!!! :) And you like Lulu!!! <3

@AndyrooxDS
You and your ZWEI... what a deadly combo to me! I don't want to use my absence from the game as a lame excuse: You're amazing with him! The way you play matchups, apply pressure and have the perfect anti-strat at the right moment were so impressive. Your JG'ing was even more annoying than Carps (and that's the highest form of compliment I can give to anyone when it comes to JGs). I was happy to see you again after such a long time as well, hope it doesn't have to take another two years for the next opportunity.

@ZER0
Well, we met at last! Cool to see you, I hope you enjoyed your first big tournament. Our matches were very close, and in the end I probably only won because you were a little impatient with Nights CE. "The loveliest German voice ever"? That's new to me, haha, but thanks anyway.

@bushindu , @Synalon, @sotirislive
I enjoyed my matches against each of you and was glad to see you there. Next time, you'll be there, too, right? :)

@Adam Ayonmike
I had no idea who you were! After our pool match, when I got to know you are THE JonesTMC from PSN, I felt liked: What? Why has nobody warned me before our match? :) Cool to finally see you in person, I hope you're not too disappointed by my performance against you. It was a pity you couldn't stay longer for casuals on Sunday, I would've loved, too, but you seem to travel a lot. :) Until next time.

@WolfLoneThe
I've heard and seen so much of you, I couldn't wait to finally meet you in person. And then? Only one match against Mitsu and not even casuals against your Patroklos? This needs to change next time, ok? :) Congrats on almost taking it back in the Grand Finals.

@Zanaken
Well, from one moment to the other, you appeared out of nowhere and landed in my pool! I'm happy you did, so we got to play and talk. I was heavily impressed by your "technical" skill in this game, you managed to do things on first try that I've never done before, lol. (but I'm an input-noob anyway ;)). Also one advice from me: Next time you visit someone in Norway or anywhere else - ask for a picture before and at least try to find out, if it's a boy or a girl. xD

@Kerrigan + @Pantocrator
Glückwunsch euch beiden zu eurer Leistung in den Solos! Ich fand's nicht nur toll zwischendurch mal jemanden zu haben, mit dem man reden konnte ohne vorher drüber nachdenken zu müssen, was man eigentlich sagen will, sondern auch euch generell mal wieder zu sehen. Ich hoffe, dass ihr gut in Hamburg angekommen seid und die Tage dort vor Ort genau so genossen habt wie ich. :)

Also, shoutouts to the drunk guy from Romania in the pub. You made me laugh a lot, lol.
And no shoutouts to the last night without sleep followed by a 12 hour trip back home. If I happened to be not very chatty during the last night, I'm sorry.

I'm glad so many people came to this event, it was a pleasure to be part of it!

GG's, see you next time! And don't forgert you're always welcome in Germany as well! :)

Kind regards, Kalas

Say that again after you've finished this post. :P

lol the first moments we played you had me laughing trying to setup your PS3 converter...I just sat there thinking "how long before he realises he's trying setup his PS3 converter...on a PS3" Derp lol XD but yes it was a most a delightful pleasure to meet you face to face for the first time

Back