[Edmonton, Alberta, Canada] - Super Special Awesome SCIV Community of DOOM!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lil late, but GGs to Jargen88, and to local casual player Kira. we all had some good games, and i think we should be proud that we finally had another session down for edmonton, even if it was a small one. hopefully next one can get andur involved, and now that my parents trust jargen, we can now also host sessions at his place.

Indeed GGs to you and Kira. It's nice to have a taste of offline for a change. It made online feel a whole lot worse though lol. I think we should have the next session at my house. My parents want to meet you in person as well lol.

@MasSacRe: Maybe one day if there is a good session in the works. You gotta plan out things and get SC noticed in BC. How many players do you know play the game there?

lol i know right? im still not fully adjusted to online yet again...end up getting hit by really stupid stuff...and 1A really isnt agreeing with me either XD. it'd be kool to have the next session at ur place. imo not only is it good for edmonton, but its good for me because it allows my parents to open up and trust my activity in the SC community. that means we'll probably be able to hold bigger more defined sessions far before im 18...or at least thats the plan anyways.

@MasSacRe: WuHT lives in BC as well. so far as i heard alot of your community, same as ours, ditched for other games like SSF4. however with commited members like WuHT in the area still, if you guys are able to meet up for some offline matches, maybe you'll get on the slow but sure road of re-establishing your community eh?

There aren't any currently planned. Though I suspect once Slayer/Jargen are done finals that there will be something going on.
you can bet on it! Jargen n i have already been talkin about getting another session going, but again yea it probably wont happen until finals are done. TT-TT i just wish i didnt have to write math tomorrow...

Ah It's good to see another Edmonton player. Yes me and Slayer have been planning on having another session in the near future. Now that diploma exams are over and done with (for me anyways), I believe it is time to find out everyone's schedule. I am completely free until July 4th which is when I start summer school. While I am in summer school, I will be able to take weekends off to have sessions depending on circumstances. Summer school ends on July 23rd and then I can really start playing haha.

We were planning to have the next session at my house. Everybody is going to have to give me some information about themselves if you want to come (except Slayer because I know him now XD). It's just so I know who you all are. Also I will have to get approval from my parents since I still live at home.

im free for whenever, except transportation is a slight issue for me since i dont drive and my dad has been very busy at work lately. i'll have to look into my options for public transit, or even maybe make arrangements with jargen to get picked up, depending on how things work out. i got friends that drive, so i guess you can call that another option. got no money, so taxi is outta the question TT-TT im broke as dirt.

hopefully being only 17 isnt an issue for any1 >.>

Hmm ... that's convenient. Also, I'm terrible at this game now since I've spent all my time on SSF4/AE.

lol it's never too late to re-learn! dont worry about it! if u ever need any help feel free to ask!

speaking of which we need to set a date and a place to get together on (though unfortunately i dont think Jargen will be able to join us till a little later now that summer school has started >.< sry bro!)

anybody got any ideas?

I am mostly free, except Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. The other days, I can usually manage something.

im free whenever, but things are finnicky since im not 18 yet, so my parents can just as easily step up and say no whether i like it or not.

You guys should come out to OverKlocked gaming on Wednesday nights (7pm - 1am). The SRK Edmonton crew has set up a deal with the owner where you can come out for $5 for the entire night and play fighting games (please bring your own controller though). Currently we have MvC3 & SSF4:AE stations, but that's because those are the main interests. If you wanted to play SC4, it'd be easy enough to set up a station for that too.

http://www.overklocked.com/about <- OK's site.

We had about 35 people out on Wednesday night, with another PS2 station setup for CvS2. Yeah. Come on out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back