[Edmonton, Alberta, Canada] - Super Special Awesome SCIV Community of DOOM!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know what, i think this is something we should definitely look into guys. i mean i'm not big on other fighters, but this is a venue where we can all meet, much better than going to someone's house or something like that, and we will more than likely be able to fit more people into a venue than some guys house lol. who knows, maybe if things start to work out well, we could try streaming, or even hosting a few little local tournaments. but i think this would at least be a great opportunity for every1 to meet. if not now, we should at least consider this an option for sometime in the near future, because i also understand its a good thing to keep your options open just incase things dont work out.

at least $5 a night isn't so bad for small budget guys like myself with little income. and if it means we got a place to play, i'd be up to trying things out. and kingsway isn't too out of the way...

and sorry if this response sounded a little thoughtless or repetitive, i've kinda been awake for the past...few days >_>

good games Jargen88. you played alot more solid this time, probably because of less online + you seemed more relaxed. it was fun playing, and really hope we can make meeting at overklocked a weekly thing. remember what we talked about, work at it, and you will be a beast.

as for the meeting itself, we didn't get any spontaneous new members or anything, but we got alot of walk abouts and such from other people who were there, including members of the SRK crew, and a couple of MvC players as well. hopefully if we can get other players there, like andur, zerithayl, selece, perhaps duskbringer so long as he behaves, we can really get a good strong community going there.

overall meeting at overklocked is definately worth it, and i think its optimal for our community. all we gotta do is bring our own games if they don't have em (they didnt have SC at the time, though they said they'd pick up a few copies.) bring our own controllers if we prefer, maybe get some food or something and thats about it. they do have a cooler with pops and stuff, and so long as we pay the little bit extra fee to use the big TV so that we advertise our community i think we'll be just fine. this time around Jargen and I played on the Ps3. mind you nothing comes unlocked but it only took me about 1/2 an hour to unlock everything, which left us a good 5hours of session time.

This meeting spot is also ideal because its not intrusive on one particular persons time, schedule or personal home affairs.

When you enter overklocked and pay your 1st fees, it seems they make an account for you. at that time, any hours you pay for that don't get used stay on your account, and you can buy memberships for free hours and such. so if we pay for a 2-8 session, and we only stay till 6, we still have 2 more hours we can play for free next time we meet.

kingsway mall is a 2 minute drive, 20 minute walk away from this place, so if we meet up there and get food and stuff, it would be really nice.

So far the plans are to try and have this every wednesday night so that we can continue to work on attracting members, like the SRK crew, some of which are ex SC players.

it's $5 for a regular TV per hour, $10 for the large TV. i suspect our meetings should usually start around 1PM or 2PM, and should usually end by 8PM, 9PM or 10PM. it allows us the maximum session time, it overlaps with the schedules of other crews, and it allows us to have a large meeting window for some of us who have to work on those days, since they can always just stop by at a later time.

so for our next meeting, as well as for all future meetings, here's what i propose:

Location: Overklocked gaming center - 11618 119th st (just across the road from canadian tire)
Time: 2:00PM - 8:00PM or 9:00PM
Fees: $10 per hour for big screen TV and couch area, $5 per hour for regular TV.
Food: kingsway mall food court - if anything else, we could make this a good spot to visit both before meetings so that everyone can just get together, sit chat and eat.

The more people we can get to tag along, the merrier. also if there's a way we can record matches, though either the services of overklocked, or though our own initiative, it would be much appreciated if we could provide ourselves with such an opportunity (cameraphone doesn't really cut it, ya know?)

So, anyone out there who's playing soul calibur in edmonton, has played soul calibur, or is interested, please let us know. we are now officially a community once more, and we would absolutely LOVE to have you join us. all skill levels are welcome, we're very kind welcoming people, and we have the knowledge and abilities to help you improve your game to its tip top form. not only that, but we'll provide a nice challenge for any of you veterans who wanna bring it on ;)

SCIV EDMONTON IS BACK IN BUSINESS BABY!!!! =^-^= d(^_^)b

GGs to you too Slayer! I had alot of fun and I really hope to do that weekly if possible. I will take into account what you told me and improve my game. We did lots of information trading and now we both know how we play XD. If anyone in Edmonton and area is willing to join us it would be our pleasure to have you. Like Slayer said, we'll teach you everything from basics, to the more advanced stuff.

Hey what's up guys lol. Man I haven't been on the forum in ages. I'm glad the community is up and running again, The meet up location sounds good too. I have at least two friends who would most likely come to these gatherings as well, I'll talk to them about it, They don't play much these days but I'm sure the prospect of a larger community could fix this ^_^. I will try to make it to the next meet up, and with my buds too if it's at all possible. Hopefully I will see you guys soon.

great! we'dlove to have you here with us man! the more, the merrier!

arrangements aren't completely solidified yet, since we're trying to be flexible for everyone's schedules, but it will be extremely likely that it will be close to the above arrangements i posted.

great! we'dlove to have you here with us man! the more, the merrier!

arrangements aren't completely solidified yet, since we're trying to be flexible for everyone's schedules, but it will be extremely likely that it will be close to the above arrangements i posted.

44K his ass Dylan! ^_~

But I can only combo my 44K after 33B against the manly characters (plus Ivy, insert joke here about her large assets)... So manliness loses in this case!

But I can only combo my 44K after 33B against the manly characters (plus Ivy, insert joke here about her large assets)... So manliness loses in this case!

I had recently figured out that was a combo. Now I know it only works on men characters...lol. Also I believe Ivy is a trap. She just had a freakishly good surgeon. XD

I had recently figured out that was a combo. Now I know it only works on men characters...lol. Also I believe Ivy is a trap. She just had a freakishly good surgeon. XD

Yeah its the best thing to do after 33B. 33B 44K 4BB:A is inescapable and does slightly more damage than the standard 33B A+B 236:{B} 4BB:A which is technically just ukemi-able after the A+B. But, since it only works on half the cast, and is rather hard to time/land on most of them, I tend not to really ever use it (perhaps I should actually practice doing it some).

change of plans edmonton. due to some transportation and arrangement issues, our next session is in the process of being rescheduled. please bear with us while we regroup to continue to bring competitive SCIV to edmonton.

ok lets get a meeting arranged. is anybody free on saturday? i only work till 12:00noon, so i'll definately be able to make it. im also free wednesday, monday and tuesdays.

lets get things started, hopefully 2-8PM at overklocked gaming?

once u guys give me a confirm i'll get ahold of offbeat and try and get him in on this

I'm not available Saturday sadly. I work from 5pm till 10pm or later (although I'm quitting pretty soon.) I'm always free on Wednesday (if my dad isn't working or something). Tuesday I have drum lessons at 4:30 so I'd have to arrive late. Mondays I work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back