[Edmonton, Alberta, Canada] - Super Special Awesome SCIV Community of DOOM!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
alrighty. just to clairify, its on the 17th of march? i need to know, since im sending in my RDO form to get the day off tomorrow.

Great games this afternoon/evening to everyone at the session. Good meeting some of you for the first time.

SlayerX64 - GGs to you. You're a sneaky bastard with some of those gimmicks :) You're going to force me to actually look at Ezio/Xiba's movesets. And that was the strangest stuff with how every 360 you ended up touching having strange controller problems...

Zerithayl - I told you I could punish Sieg 3A offline, so there :) Both you and Slayer make me strongly question why everyone around here seems to think Sieg sucks. Next time you'll have to bring out your Viola some, haven't played against her offline yet.

OmegaZyklon - GGs you embittered Hwang fan :) You shouldn't let me get away with spacing you out with Pyrrha's 44B so much, it is -14 on block (probably shouldn't tell you that lol). Much thanks for the ride too. Though your parking sucks :) (to be fair, the half foot of snow is a good excuse)

Alythe - We'll have to play more next time, gg though at the end there.

Selece - Didn't get to play you this time, we'll have to play each other right away next time. I watched you and Zerithayl play for a bit, if you want any Pyrrha advice, let me know. Have a look at my post: http://8wayrun.com/threads/pyrrha-q-a-general-discussionthread.8745/page-5#post-421046 for a bit of anti-Sieg for Pyrrha.

Chris - Welcome to the sc scene (not sure if you have an account here or not). Hopefully you'll stick with it, though I'm sure with Slayer teaching you, you'll get up to speed fast.

Looking forward to the next session. The Edmonton SC scene is officially back in full gear.

It seems you guys had a good session. It's stuff like this where I wish I didn't procrastinate on the whole license thing XD. I'll make sure to keep my Astaroth on tab for when I do get to come on over to the city. Also looking forward to the tourney. Get your anti-gimmicks ready! (^_^)

It seems you guys had a good session. It's stuff like this where I wish I didn't procrastinate on the whole license thing XD. I'll make sure to keep my Astaroth on tab for when I do get to come on over to the city. Also looking forward to the tourney. Get your anti-gimmicks ready! (^_^)

I've been practicing just guarding bullrush, so :) But yeah, definitely missed you not being there, I wanted to see what you can do with SC5 Astaroth.

It was nice to meet some old and new faces this saturday, GG's to everyone who came, I enjoyed every second of it ^_^. Long live soul calibur guys lol.

Ugh idk how or wh but i cant get access to my old accoutn ANYWAYS

Is anyoe willing to commontate for the SC portion of the event? Also, I have updated the event with a time schedual so everyone knwo what games start and when

Ugh idk how or wh but i cant get access to my old accoutn ANYWAYS

Is anyoe willing to commontate for the SC portion of the event? Also, I have updated the event with a time schedual so everyone knwo what games start and when

Link? And is commentating really necessary for a small event like this? You're probably not going to find anyone able to discuss all of the matchups that will occur, and if its just your typical offensive fgc commentating then we're better off without it.

Link? And is commentating really necessary for a small event like this? You're probably not going to find anyone able to discuss all of the matchups that will occur, and if its just your typical offensive fgc commentating then we're better off without it.
The event will have a rather decent size for the event.
http://www.facebook.com/events/272527286148791/
We will be streaming the event and yes commontating is absolutly nessasary, we willl not be having a typical commontators speaking in negative things and such. The stream is primaly there to help ge the word out there for the Fighting Game Community

The event will have a rather decent size for the event.
http://www.facebook.com/events/272527286148791/
We will be streaming the event and yes commontating is absolutly nessasary, we willl not be having a typical commontators speaking in negative things and such. The stream is primaly there to help ge the word out there for the Fighting Game Community

You're trying to schedule 4 tournaments for 4 different games in the same hour block? There's no way there will be enough time for that. Also, you don't have any entry fee listed for SC5, that a mistake or is that correct? We going by the standard tournament ruleset http://8wayrun.com/wiki/tournament-ruleset/ ?

Dude, I am not a fool, I have fun an organized events for quite a few years. I have a firm understnading of to construct the event. I am not expecting the games to finish within an hour, I want them to be started at the stated times so that there is no lag with the games. Also there are 20 xboxs and 10 ps3's at the venue.

In regaurds to the to the rules http://evo2k.com/player-guide/tournament-rules/ I'd be using the evo rules as standard ones. If there is anything spacific that SC needs for its self such as a set amount of rounds then let me know, otherwise it will fallow the evo standard rules.

This is not planned to be a small tournament, however it is my beliefe that SC may not get a large turn out. Certainly it will be larger than MK but not as many as SFxT

GGs to Slayer at the tournament. Our grand final match was pretty intense. You deserve the victory though, I played the best I could and lost fair and square. It's a shame that nobody else from here came though. There was maybe about 8 people who played so it was pretty decent. Also there was a pretty decent Natsu player who showed up (can't remember the name, but he was an MK player.)

Should also note that there ARE some sort of group that plays SCV in calgary, I talked with a few guys that played MK apprently they never knew about the event!?!?!

Should also note that there ARE some sort of group that plays SCV in calgary, I talked with a few guys that played MK apprently they never knew about the event!?!?!

I never knew there was an actual running Calgary crew at all. If you get a hold of them again you should tell them to stop by 8wayrun, so that we could schedule some casuals. The more the merrier. (^_^)

ggs @Jargen dat astaroth was too beasty for me! Your a great player and carry yourself very well. If your on xbox at all you and slayer should add me up my tag is STBShujinkydink. I love this game, and I want to get really good at it so I have something else to register for when I travel for my tourneys. Theres a tournament here march 31st weekend, its called April duels, maybe you guys can make it out?

ggs @Jargen dat astaroth was too beasty for me! Your a great player and carry yourself very well. If your on xbox at all you and slayer should add me up my tag is STBShujinkydink. I love this game, and I want to get really good at it so I have something else to register for when I travel for my tourneys. Theres a tournament here march 31st weekend, its called April duels, maybe you guys can make it out?

Good to see you online ShuJinkydink! Your fundamentals are very good, and you were able to adapt to alot of my stuff (jumping over my 1AA or the twin low sweep). I'll add you on Xbox ASAP, so that we can train online sometime (^_^) I'm glad to see that more people are enjoying the game in Edmonton and Calgary. As for the tourney in Calgary, I'll have to book the day off from work to come. I'll do my best to make it.

Hey Edmonton players, I just wanted to let you guys know about Winnipeg's next major tournament in association with the All Your Base Online community.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff211/akostuik/Baselan-23-Poster-small-2.jpg

It will be on Baselan 23: More Power, May 11-13 and it'd be great if some of you guys could come out to it! Soulcalibur V is included in the lineup as well as all of the major capcom fighting games, BB, MK9, and KOFXIII. It will also be streamed live and should be a good time. I'll post here again once the schedule has been finalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back