EVO 2012 Information Blowout

If you haven't been keeping track of all of the Evolution 2012 news that was released on Monday or happened to miss it, then you are in luck because I've taken the time to consolidate the important stuff into one convenient post for you to check out.

Check after the break for the latest EVO news, online brackets, pool assignments and schedules.

EVO-2011.jpg

The first piece of news that was released today is the record attendance at this year's EVO World Finals, with players from over 40 different countries in attendance. For Soulcalibur V, we will have 414 competitors battling it out on Friday, July 6th to make it to top 8 for a part of the $5,000 prize pool that will be divided among the top 8 finishers.

If you will be attending EVO, make sure that you check out the 2012 Indie Showcase Titles that will be presented to the fighting game community. I'm particularly interested in Divekick, especially since the two main protagonists hail from my city.

New for 2012, EVO has partnered up with Guidebook to produce a free, mobile application for your Apple or Android device to provide you will all the information that you need for EVO such as pool information, schedules, panel information, live tournament updates, and local dining information.

Lastly, the bracket and pool information is available online. You can click here to check out the brackets/pool assignments. If you don't want to click through each bracket and want to search for your pool assignment, you can do so by clicking here and entering your name or email address that you registered for EVO with.

Make sure you leave your comments or predictions also. See you guys at EVO.

I can't wait to see all the SCV goodness that will be at EVO! Thank you everyone who has anything to do with making this possible including the players.

Im more exited to see mk9 than SCV, its hard to want to see SCV when namco dosent support their game

You know damn well that you don't watch MK9, but your statement is bs because Namco has put alot of support towards the game. Players need to support the game also.

Also, money isn't everything. Look at the money being given to MK, but that tournament has the lowest turnout out of all the EVO events. For SCV to have more signups without any pot bonus or a t-shirt giveaway to boost signups says alot to me.

I guess Namco needs to come out and give us all handjobs.

Matter of fact, hold my thang while I play. You know, it kinda hangs off the chairs sometimes and distracts me! Can't get any better support than that!

Considering the fact that Namco cant pay OmegaDR do we really want their "money" anyway?

I'm just glad we have so many competitors.

I guess Namco needs to come out and give us all handjobs.

Matter of fact, hold my thang while I play. You know, it kinda hangs off the chairs sometimes and distracts me! Can't get any better support than that!
halfass roster,halfass movesets, halfass offline content,halfass DLC content, enough said, to the winner mk9, the most content complete fighting game in fighting game history! mk9 set the standard for a fighting game!

You know damn well that you don't watch MK9, but your statement is bs because Namco has put alot of support towards the game. Players need to support the game also.

Also, money isn't everything. Look at the money being given to MK, but that tournament has the lowest turnout out of all the EVO events. For SCV to have more signups without any pot bonus or a t-shirt giveaway to boost signups says alot to me.
i do watch mk9, and i bought a collector edition of SCV what better way to support the game than that? what should i do? every paycheck buy a new copy? they cant even put a useful batch of DLC characters, people have been begging for DLC characters in all their social websites, if they really supported the game, they wouldve at least gave us a complete game.

Alright I wanted to keep this thread positive but shit ain't happening. If your not happy with SCV then don't fucking play it PERIOD! Take your copy to gamestop and trade that shit in. Simple as that!

What's with all the sudden hatred towards Namco?
Am I the only person who's never felt negativity towards them?
... Then again, I said the same thing about Capcom, several times.
I guess people will hate.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to this. :)

Not to play Devil-Jin's advocate, but I can sorta see where Namco was coming from. They put their time into Tekken. Simple as that. It's the best seller for them. But that doesn't mean soul is dead to them. I'm not claiming to be a professional in the industry but I go to school for game dev and I worked at a GameStop for a few years and have been following the industry. So, it might seem like nothing but after seeing just how many collector's editions get cancelled, the fact that we still got one is a good thing for us. I've seen a LOT of games not get the support and pre-order interest and the companies decide against wasting more money and time to put one out. The game has a small but loyal following. It's played at MLG. It's played at Evo. The game is pretty damn balanced and to me, it's an easier game for newcomers to fighting games to get into. It has a ton of complexity and it also has it's simplicity. I think the best (and really only) thing we can do is play it as much as we can. Simple as that.

Haha nothing will change. Complainers love to complain it's typically the only thing they know how to do.

As for winner predictions it's impossible to say. It will be a true test of stamina and endurance for those serious about winning. Goodluck to everyone who attends.

NAMCO ARE SO CHEAP , compared to mk9 which has 25,000 going to the winner and a prize pool of 40,000
namco step it up.
mlg are paying 3 times what your giving.

Live streams

4 Viewers
ChiefVibe
ChiefVibe
Feel Like Ripping My Teeth Out My Mouth , But Im Okay 🙃
1 Viewers
karat_mc
karat_mc
SoulCalibur 6 Весы духа

Forum statistics

Threads
Members