33rd
Violin Phantom
33rd
Himura
33rd
PsychoBilly2422
33rd
Jeffro

Great games to everyone who showed up. Overall it was a fantastic event. Although I always want to do better if I don't win. I'm happy that I was the only person to make it to top 8 in both games.

Madcatz: Thanks a ton for supporting us and giving us a stage for the second year in a row. You guys are awesome.

BlueBoy: I know it was your first big tourney you've ever ran. So there were a few kinks. But man, thanks for running the tournament. It was obvious to me all the hard work you put in. This wouldn't of been possible without you.

Ringout: It was nice meeting you dude. You are definitely good people. I also appreciate the work you put in during the tourney. Your girlfriend is also good people. It was great having her take tons of pictures during the tournament.

Tommie: Always a pleasure seeing you dude. It was damn nice not to have to run it this year. Like I felt like I could actually relax and enjoy Vegas more. Next time we need to get some games in on SC2. You were probably one of the best SC2 players there I didn't get to games in with.

Zane: I don't think playing me went as you planned. I think you can be dangerous though, just keep practicing.

Jer: It was great seeing you again man. It was also nice meeting your wife. We had some good MM's. Especially the Charade MM we had when you realized I knew how to play the whole cast lol. Good job beating Motempest.

Piggy: It was nice meeting you. You had a few raph tricks I never really thought about. So it was good to play you.

Vicious: It was really fun hanging out with you. Even though you might be the worst gambler of all time. You falling asleep at the poker table made my trip.

BL: I love you man, we need to roll dice together more often.

Revin: Thanks for the money, you are always good people to hang out with. I like when you said I shouldn't be beating you in SC2 haha.

P Shen: I know you can't speak English but it was great getting games in with you.

Lolo: You are good people. It was fun playing you in SC2. I needed to step my game up a little and I would of played you in SC5 also. Congrats on winning everything. You getting drunk after the tourney was kind of amazing. Hopefully you have recovered by now.

Aris: Always good playing against you man. I learn a lot when we play SC2 in a tournament.

Signia: Hopefully me and you can do better next time. Your matches against Lolo were great.

Ramon: Always good to see you, wear purple next time.

Blacksheep: It was great meeting you and your friend. It was definitely great hanging out with you guys after the tourney and watching Vicious lose his money. Hopefully we can play again at some point.

Never Relent: It was great finally meeting you. We had a good match in the tournament and I'm sure you are going to continue getting more dangerous in the future.

Oofmatic: It was funny as fuck watching you pantomime to Pshen about Nuclear Radiation. I wanted to see your Spawn do more work. At least your Damp was handing people their asses lol.

Ivyfanboy: Good MM, it was nice drinking with you and shooting the shit.

Susan Hines: Where were you? Also, I didn't see your boyfriend beating me up either.

Henry aka Maxi-mum: Good job not showing. I got to meet WC Maxi when I was there. I asked him about your so called money match with him in SC2. He said nothing like that ever happened. So congrats on being a fraud as well as a moron.

I was only there for like half of one day, but it was a great time. I never got a chance to play SC2 at Evo back in the day, so it was pretty cool to finally get the chance. Thanks to everyone that made it happen!

BlueBoy (And the rest of the TOs): Thanks for all the work you guys put in, both ahead of time and during the actual event. It's awesome that you guys were willing to do so much to create hype and support this community.

Revin: I'm not sure I really got to meet you, but thanks for the pot bonuses, $1,000 in bonuses is one hell of a commitment and really helped generate the hype.

Alex.J: Good money matches, although I realized about two games in to the Charade one that it was terrible idea, not sure what I was thinking there. If I end up making it out to a future Evo, I'll set aside more money for you, lol. Congrats on both top 8s. My only complaint is that you didn't 5-0 Piggy, I was looking forward to collecting his $5. :(

Oofmatic: Good match, way to clutch out the third game, realize I can't adapt for shit, and make me pay for it with Spawn shenanigans. I'd love to play you more to figure out what the hell Spawn is doing.

MoTempest: Fantastic match! That was about as much fun as I can remember having playing a fighting game. Your Taki is totally on point, and those wlAs to punish my 2KBs and Mist Ks were epic.

Ivylicious: Good match, you're too solid, ridiculously good SS/CS buffers had me totally scared. Congrats on top 8!

Blacksheep and Friend: Great meeting you guys and fun pre-tournament sessions! Hope you enjoyed the tournament. It's great seeing people so hype for SC2!

Ramon: Thanks for avenging me against Oofmatic! USA! USA!

Vicious: Good seeing you again, and congrats on 3rd! Sorry I couldn't stick around to lose money to you, I was looking forward to money matches. Next time for sure if there's another Evo tourney.

KrayzieCD: I could feel the hype coming from your commentary, haha. Good seeing you, sorry we didn't really get a chance to play.

Piggy: 4.3% runner runner flushes are awesome!

SC2 Players: Thanks for showing up! I was worried there wouldn't be enough interest for a viable tourney, so 40 people for a side tournament of a bad port of a 12 year old game is pretty impressive, way to represent!

Man, another Evo with SC over!

I would like to give quite a few shoutouts to everybody.

Blueboy - For getting everything together and making SC happen at Evo in the first place. Congrats on placing in SC5!

Zane - For getting your huge ass PC to Vegas. Without you there would of been no stream. Thanks for taking the time and effort to run the thing.

Ringout - For getting the stream running with your 4G connection, running the station, and everything you did even though you didn't have to. You're such a cool dude.

MadCatz & Co - Thanks for the Top 8 stage and stream! It's nice to see a company help out communities (not just SC). You guys will always be one of my fav companies.

Tommie, Alex J, KrayzieCD and everybody else who spent hours commentating - Thanks for hyping up the matches!

Trees - It was cool hanging out with you at the airport lol. Say thanks again to your friend for the ride!
Sniperwolf - Nice playing you again. =) Keep practicing, I'll wait for our next offline challenge.

Hitbox|Sora - Thanks for suggesting the food locations and for treating us to the the amazing buffet. It is always nice hanging out with you.

Revin, Neverrelent, Rina, Lolo, Itabashi and everybody else that I met for the first time - It is always nice seeing people I never met before. Hopefully we'll all play again someday.

Everybody who got Chelsie's back during the incident - You guys rock and have my eternal gratitude for showing support to her, it really mean alot to us. Thank you.

And finally to the top 8 placers - Congrats! See yall next time!

I wish that I could have stuck around and gotten in some more casuals / money matches for the first time in a decade - I severely underestimated how much fun this stupid little tournament was going to be.

Hooray, another year I place higher than that trashy Jer! Shoutouts? OK!

Blueboybob - Thanks for setting things up, taking my money, and running the tournament. I've seen people with less experience to significantly worse...and it didn't get pushed to 2 days, which is a rarity for those of us that wind up going to Philly tournaments! Gratz on SCV 2nd place, as well!

Ramon - Always a pleasure to see you, man! Try not to hate on SC2 just cause you are jelly of the skills :-p

Alex.J - Thanks for the money match! It was fun to see that with minimal practice I was able to do "ok", and when you said that you feared me more than Jer, I saw a tear well up in his eye that made my week, so, you're the best...best $20 spent ever.

Lolo - You probably don't remember, but you also eliminated me from the last SC EVO tournament I entered, so, congrats on keeping the streak alive, and congrats on winning SCV!

KrazieCD - Good matches, man! That Maxi reminded me how much I hated that bastard back in the day, so, thanks for bringing back my repressed memories and frustration!

Aris, TieTYT, MoTempest, Vicious - It's always great to see the old hats from back in the day, even though I'm sure most of you didn't recognize me, it was still cool for me, and I'm the one that matters! So...there! Thanks for keeping the SC2 community that I've always held close alive.

Community - You guys are awesome, and playing in this tournament really reminded me how much I loved playing in tournaments and how much it sucks being a "responsible" adult sometimes.

Jer - Trash.

Alright, finally shoutouts have begun!

Great that you guys attended and participated on this tournament. Without you guys, this wouldn't have been a great side tournament. I apologize again for the loud snoring. LOL. Shoutouts to the important people first

Blueboyb - Thanks for taking lead on making this tourney happen. Gratz on reaching 2nd and its still funny when you raged "It was my game". I wished you joined SC2

Zane - Thanks for bringing your weird PC all-in-one thing thats like an iMac but a PC counterpart thing. I wished you joined SC2 too.

Uncle Jemima (Ringout) - Thanks for the 4G card. You're a cool person. Your Yoshi did well and that JG on that CE was sick.

TalimJP - for adding to the potbonus. Hopefully you can come next EVO.

Jer - for adding to the potbonus. I met you briefly but hopefully next time we can put in some games

Nyawu - Thanks for the stream equipment. You made me appreciate Pry O more and nice to finally meet you.

MadCatz - Thanks for letting us using your stage for Top 8 on both games and a picture booth after.

AlexJ - I already said my piece personally. Cool to hang with you again though.

Signia - Nice to see you again and keeping that Yoshi of yours strong.

NeverRelent - good casuals dude. socal peeps should practice more often (not just online). Some PSN player Hildegard35 something like that adores you btw.

Ramon - its nice to meet you...again.

KrayzieCD - nice to see your still awesome and rockin that Maxi.

Soakrates - nice to see you again and being cool and all. I didnt get my runback for SCR.

Chelsie - nice to meet you and I hope that bastard gets some bad karma he deserves. I didn't get the chance to play you in SCV.

Lolo - one of the nicest guys i've met and the most happy drunk I've ever met. Gratz on winning SCV

Oofmatic - nice to finally meet you. Awesome hat. Gratz on making it top8

PShen - always solid and you really deserved that win. Damn you really made research on Yun and Voldo.

Aris - gratz on making it 2nd place. Your match with Vicious was sick.

TieTYT - your NM solidness still shows

BL - I got my artbook harhar.

Rina and the 2 Canadian dudes: nice to meet you and hopefully you'll be around again for the next side tournament

and finally,

ViciousSuicide - Gratz on making it 3rd. Wow, those online sessions really paid off. You were great on clutching it out on our match where I fucked up and cancelled my shit. You deserved that win. Your match with TieTYT and Aris on the room was tight.

I'm finally settled in here and have a moment to compile all of this so I figured I'd do it now before I forget this later or at some other point..

Madcatz: A bit thank you to you guys for deciding to support our community once again for another straight year. Not only with the Top 8 streaming, but with the use of your equipment and spontaneous uses of cardboard to help us make signs and advertise our event even further. Even making announcements on our behalf about our registration deadlines were greatly appreciated.

Blueboy: Like I said beforehand when I gave you the advice before your Grand Finals match. Enjoy that you've made it to where you are in such a short amount of time. Take pride in that, and you'll always play with a clear conscience. I'm glad it was able to help you out beforehand. It was good to meet you, the Zain/Zane stuff can be very confusing though lol.

Zane: You're a pretty chill guy, you're pretty passionate about this community with the videos and involvement you put towards them. I'm glad we finally met as well, this trip was a lot of fun with you around definitely made it one of the more memorable events of my time.

Revin: Its a small world! I knew we met before, but I couldn't figure out why. We definitely knew each other in 2012 EVO before I ever spoke to anyone else. You were among one of the first people of the community I introduced myself to along with Jeuce haha. It was good seeing you again, I'm hoping to keep up with you in SCII someday, I need to relearn that game somehow.

Blueboy/Zane/Revin-
I appreciate the time commitment and money you guys invested in getting this event run and processed in the order that it went. You did a lot for this event on so many levels that I feel like you guys need to understand just how grateful this community truly is about the hard work you put into this.
Again, thank you for everything.

Alex J: I enjoyed watching your matches, I see you a lot on the forums and what not, but it was good to finally meet you. I also appreciate the ride to the airport you gave us. Saved us a lot of time and money.

Lolo: Seems every tournament you go to gets better than the last. Congrats on taking 1st place in SCV. I learned a lot form you back in the day and even now you continue to teach me many things that I hope to be able to implement soon. I appreciate the tips and suggestions you give me. Hopefully I'll get to keep up with you or surpass my teacher someday! Also, you drunk was truly hilarious, hopefully you're feeling better by now. I was gone for literally 25 minutes.. lol We nicknamed you 'avoiding the puddle' from SCII apparently since we had to jump over you to get to the restroom.

Ramon: You slamming the table during your match with Lolo scared the shit out of me. lol. I'm glad someone else was able to represent the East better than I was. Congrats on taking 3rd still looking strong as always.

Never Relent: I finally got to play you offline! Enjoyed the show and congrats on making top 8! Your match against Oofmatic was very entertaining. There was a lot of emotion and perseverance displayed among you during that game. Hope to see you in more tournaments soon.

Oofmatic: I'm glad I brought you out here. You played you heart out to make it to top 8. Representing an underrated character isn't an easy thing to do. Yoshimitsu was like that back in the day too. Who knows, maybe we will see more Damp players come out now because of your performance.

Wu: lol at the fact that Never Relent called you Woahhzz. I appreciate you bringing your streaming equipment for us to use. It definitely couldn't have happened without your help I hope to see you in more events soon.

KrazieCD: Its too bad we didn't get the chance to play casuals at all. I remember playing against you back in the day so I was looking forward to it. Also shout outs to you also being on the list of people who just assumed I happen to be black before meeting me for some reason lol. P.S. Your facial expressions were awesome in the photos we took lol.

Hildefangirl: Enjoyed our match during the tournament, we should have played more casuals, I enjoy playing against Hilde players. I'm sorry if I forget your name but I believe it was Chelsie? Thank you and Wu for helping use out with everything.

Tomahawk: I was browsing through the stream and some of your commentary was freaking hilarious.

Lastly.. Signia: I want to be honest, at first I simply considered you nothing but a Rival, but I want to apologize for stating that, and I'm glad to revoke that statement and call you a friend. Our money match, and tournament match were a lot of fun, and were exciting at least to me. I'm glad we were able to accommodate and improvise a way of getting you out here too. It would have been a big let down to a lot of people if you didn't show up. It was a pleasure to meet you, and I'm sure we will play again sometime soon. P.S. I think you left your macbook charger..?

Additional Shoutouts: To anyone else I may have forgotten, shootouts to you guys for coming out and participating in EVO 2014 everyone person counts! Finally shootouts to the community for their support! Till next year!

Wow okay so it has been 4 years or more since I signed into 8wayrun. I just wanted to say that it was a pleasure meeting a bunch of you at EVO this year even though I'm not active in this community any more. I had a ton of fun scrubbing out in the SC2 tournament and hanging out with you all on Friday. Shoutouts to meeting AlexJ, Ramon, Soakrates, the two guys from British Columbia, KrazieCD, and everyone else I met!

Back