EVO 2014 Results

Hey everyone! I was one of the bc boys. This is my handle but I was rolling under my real name, Josh, at evo.
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone in the sc field. I felt very welcomed. I had a great time competing in the sc2 tournament and at evo all together. If sc2 makes another appearance next year so will I.
And a special thanks to vicious. Its hard to find good competition in my city these days. Thanks for the extra hours.

Nothing makes me happy than to know lolo's Yoshi won EVO2014. It also makes me happy 2 other Yoshis Signia and Ringout are in top 10 with Yoshi. Vicious putting him in 3rd in SC2. Is this the year of the Yoshis? Or am I dreaming?

I ought to watch the archives of EVO 2014(mainly for Yoshis haha). Anyways, it's good to know EVO still loves SCV and SCII because of the true fans. Keep the soul burning.

He also fell asleep at a poker table he lost 100 bucks at. Vicious is my hero.

I still have a picture of him sleeping at the poker table, it's hilarious, I'd post it but I'd feel bad putting that on the internet, maybe ill print out a blown up poster for next evo.

I was the other BC guy, John, and I figured I should get my shout outs done before I start to forget people;

first a big thanks to Blueboy for hosting the tournament, without him we never would have come down to evo and met everyone, so thanks for putting in the work, crashing your room for 4:00 AM Drunken Calibur was probably the highlight of the trip for me, and judging from the look you gave us when we stormed the room, I know the feeling was mutual!

Vicious Suicide awesome, super friendly guy, spent most of the weekend hanging out with you, the first of the "old guard" to socialize and include newcomers like me and Josh. Always down for some casual matches, and happy to share your knowledge with a fellow Yoshi player like myself, I hope we have a chance to hangout again soon.
- straight up some of the best SC2 matches I've ever seen happened in Blueboys room, Vicious was in the absolute zone for a short while there, just the right mix of booze and adrenaline I suppose, but he murdered Pad Shen and AlexJ in money matches, then he sent TieTYT running to daddy Aris with his tail between his legs with a beating that could only be described as "nonconsensual" and those 4 sets he took against Aris.... I'm not sure who said it, but "viscous is in the matrix!" was a pretty accurate description, for a few short moments he could see the game code streaming down the screen.

AlexJ we hung out almost as much as with vicious, what can I say? had a lot of great laughs with you. You could read my mind just by the look I gave you when that girls was telling us "how much she loved this game.. its soul calibur4 right!?" we shared a lot of subtle jokes that no one else would pick up on, which is probably for the best. Looking forward to next time we hang out, I'll be training up for a money match with you, don't you worry.

KrayzieCD and Mike you guys were a blast to party with, have burgers with, and just generally hilarious, I haven't played a maxi as devastating as Krayzie's until then, but I'll be ready for it next year! Mike, you play SCV but I won't hold it against you cause you're a solid dude, but next year I'll be taking that 10 dollar side bet back when Josh wins his money match!

Pad Shen one of the highlights of the weekend was playing and hanging with Shen, when he sat next to me at the tournament I thought I was in trouble, when he beat me with his sophie the first round I KNEW I was in trouble, super friendly despite the language barrier, you can tell the guys just loves playing the game, had more than a few casuals with him after, and every set I took was a personal victory.

best story of EVO was when Shen bet on Vicious during his Aris money match
* holds up wad of cash* thick japanese accent: "....Vicious!!"
"I'll take that bet! how much is that, 5 bucks?"
thick japanese accent: "No!.............Seven!!"

Tommy you're a super funny dude, and I wish we had gotten a chance to play some casuals, but you were pretty busy commentating and running around. Burgers with you and Krazie was a good time, we'll play next year for sure

Ringout we barely got to hangout until the night of the SCV tourney and sunday, which is too bad because you were a cool guy to chill out with, thanks for stepping up with the hotspot and helping with the tournaments, would've been bad without you.

Piggy had some good matches and a few laughs, it's always good to meet a fellow SCII diehard, keep the fires burning brother. But where were you when me, Josh, vicious and Alex were having casuals saturday and sunday!?

Lolo congratulations on the SCV championship, I had a great time doing shots and partying with you after, maybe don't head straight for the tequila next time? ;P

Revin good times, man, got a chance to play a lot of casuals with you, your yun sung is tight, hope youre there next year for some more matches.

this wall of text is getting ridiculous, shout outs to anyone I missed, I'll be practicing up for next years tournament,
so be ready, I dragged a first gen ps3 across canada and into the states for this, there'll be SCII tournament, I'll pack a goddamn LCD if I have to

Piggy
had some good matches and a few laughs, it's always good to meet a fellow SCII diehard, keep the fires burning brother. But where were you when me, Josh, vicious and Alex were having casuals saturday and sunday!?

I wish that I could have spent more time hanging out and getting some games in. I really didn't expect to play well, and to miss the game so much and getting more games would have been sweet; unfortunately, EVO weekend is also a vacation tradition with my family, so we were out having adventures the rest of the weekend.

Hopefully we can do it again next year, though!

i'll get to my shout out some day but before that Blacksheep post that pic, it can't be any worse than the pic of go0fus being wheel chaired back to our room by security.

goofus: true you might have beaten Aris in tournament but have yet to make and Evo top 5 so SHUT THE FUCK UP SON!!! and go back to mining bitcoins or whatever it's is that you do these days lol scrub.

Oh shit, I've heard the story, but I've never seen the picture. Legend has it go0fus was so drunk and sweaty Aris had to tell security some random bum no one knew passed out in his room and security needed a wheelchair to wheel his slippery ass out of there. I gotta see that pic.

well this pic won't live up to something like that, its pretty blurry, it was hard to take a steady shot while me and Alex were laughing so hard

this is vicious luring his poker opponents into a false sense of security
IMG_20140714_010451.jpg

minutes later, losing his chips: all part of the plan
IMG_20140714_010447.jpg

Nothing makes me happy than to know lolo's Yoshi won EVO2014. It also makes me happy 2 other Yoshis Signia and Ringout are in top 10 with Yoshi. Vicious putting him in 3rd in SC2. Is this the year of the Yoshis? Or am I dreaming?

I ought to watch the archives of EVO 2014(mainly for Yoshis haha). Anyways, it's good to know EVO still loves SCV and SCII because of the true fans. Keep the soul burning.
I totally agree. Seeing the top 3 Yoshi players across the nation was amazing. Great battles.

Back