EVO2K12 Interviews By Cross Counter Asia

Cross Counter has uploaded two interviews conducted by Zhi with EVO 2012 Soulcalibur V world champion Shining Decopon from Japan and runner up Shen Chan from Singapore. Make sure that you check out both interviews after the break.

Also, if you happen to miss the epic grand finals for Soulcalibur V, IGN has made the video available on their YouTube channel, which you can also watch below.

Cross Counter TV

Last edited by a moderator:
I was really impressed at EVO overall this year, and Decopon's performance really put the icing on the cake. He definitely deserved it. Now everyone's thoughts are focused on whether or not there will be another patch and if Leixia will get nerfed for the better.

I think that this year SCV and KoF had the best tournaments. VF had some good moments too, but wasn't as intense. SF and Marvel were total snorefests. And this guy Decopon is outstanding.

I definitely didn't expect any of what happened this year, can't wait for the whole thing to be uploaded!

Marvel was def not a snorefest, wake up sir! LOL It was probably the closest/most hype top 8 out of them all. KOF was suprisingly good as well...

SC5 was awesome man, All the japanese players brought me back to the arcades in Japan man, that style of play you dont see in many places! Decapon is a force, has nothing to do with Tira, that mans play was godlike..

SomethingUnique, Xeph, and Woahzz were outstanding as well, I just dont think anyone was prepared for a player like Decapon. He really stepped it up from friday LOL was like a completely different player.

Props EVO heres hoping we make it again next year.

Congratz to shining, the kid was supremely nasty with it and that wall combo deserves a medal on its own... however, I think the issue was these boys weren't tira ready... I know they are just as good if not better than any1 up there... but i'm also sure when they were in the training room, one of the last characters they were practicing against was tira... she is highly slept on... the lack of pro level or even just very good tiras contributed highly to what occurred on the evo 2012 stage... DIME or Deathinmyeyes is the only really really good tira i know and hes been screaming tira is broken for awhile now just no1 was listening....

Marvel was hype. SF was just domination by Infiltration. SCV was domination by Decopon, but he was coming out of losers using an uncommon character.

BIG congratz to su, xeph, woahzz and MANY more indeed... but as far as shining be better than you guys, i dont buy it and I hope you dont either!

Natsu got nerfed.

Then I played Hawkeye and I was like ಠ_ಠ

Tira got nerfed.

Then Decopon appeared and I was like ಠ_ಠ

I'm fairly sure the word "nerf" means something else in this game.

Decopon is really an awesome player. Insane wall combos against an world class Patroklos player, Whooazz, punishing 2K from Cervantes in the finals with CE against Shen Chan...This guy really did many crazy things and used 100% Tira´s potential and show to everyone that an well prepared player can break any tier barrier. This is the differential of Soul Calibur in relation to other games.

The most important thing is what is between the chair and the control.

Live streams

17 Viewers
Sinbbad
Sinbbad
Would you rather have a kazoo for a nose, or have anyone named Chris be able to read your mind?
1 Viewers
blue_beards_ultimate_time
blue_beards_ultimate_time
Can you Stop THE EVIL BLUE BEARD MY VIEWERS GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT AND HAVE FUN !!!! PREPARE FOR DESTRUCTION!!!! AND ULTIMATE POWER 😈

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back