Ezio Matchup Discussion

Posting here about me being salty at the roogi match up

I honestly don't have trouble with that match up for some reason. I should find more people to play and record a mitsu Ezio session.

The main thing is that Mitsu is great a spacing so just shoot him with arrows until he gets frustrated.

Here's something that I found against Xiba. This doesn't just apply to Ezio but other characters as well. It's just very useful with Ez because of his quick and powerful BT B+K.

Now when it comes to dealing with Xiba's 6BK string, Ezio can AA Xiba between the B and the K. However, I found that if you Just Guard the K, it will put Ezio in a backturned state. This only happens with certain characters (I tested it with Ezio, Damp, and Asta, the glitch did not affect Asta).

The benefit of this glitch with Ezio is that with practice you can punish Xiba pretty hard for attempting either 6BK and 6BK BE.

If Xiba does 6BK, simply JG the K and do your BT B+K combo.

If Xiba does 6BK BE, the shoulder check will hit you prior to BT B+K coming out after your JG. So what you need to do is confirm the BE flash that happens between the B and the K. And then after you JG the K you step to your left (clockwise) and punish with 33_99BB (or BE version) for a good chunk of damage.
Very interesting and good eye there. However, simply going for 2K immediately after 6B is the best option. For what you're talking about, it requires a just guard and the ability to quickly recognize whether it's the BE or not. Secondly, just guarding it is tricky because his K can be delayed. Finally, any Xiba player could easily do 6B and NOT follow up with his K. While you are expecting a follow up, you could get low poked or grabbed.

I rung out Patroklos from full screen away at EVO like 6 times with 6b+k. True story!

Any who lets get some data gathering going you guys, I'm going to start working on the anti-Py thread soon and I need as much info that we can muster up.
Do you mean anti-pyrrha? If so, I know ALL about that.

Do post anti-Pyrrha strats.
Hmnn....I'll have to record some matches against some good Pyrrha players then. Seeing is believing. Pyrrha has never been hard for me with Ezio. Ezio is like kryptonite to pyrrha. The ONLY pyrrha that has ever given me problems while using Ezio is Xeph's. Damn him! But yea, I could do separate post on the Ezio vs Pyrrha matchup.

Very interesting and good eye there. However, simply going for 2K immediately after 6B is the best option. For what you're talking about, it requires a just guard and the ability to quickly recognize whether it's the BE or not. Secondly, just guarding it is tricky because his K can be delayed. Finally, any Xiba player could easily do 6B and NOT follow up with his K. While you are expecting a follow up, you could get low poked or grabbed.

Sorry but no, your best option after 6b is AA as it kills the 6b~k follow up safely. The reason you want to JG though is to get substantial damage for punishing a string.

Hmnn....I'll have to record some matches against some good Pyrrha players then. Seeing is believing. Pyrrha has never been hard for me with Ezio. Ezio is like kryptonite to pyrrha. The ONLY pyrrha that has ever given me problems while using Ezio is Xeph's. Damn him! But yea, I could do separate post on the Ezio vs Pyrrha matchup.

It also depends on the level of Pyhrra you are playing against, the average online Py player won't be giving most people problems while a Py player at tournament level won't be playing like the players you're use to. Though feel free to post your anti-py info as the more info on these boards the better.

So I'm working on Anti-Sieg at the moment with Slayer and I've learned that 99A and 99BB will kill off Sieg's 3 stance options. Ezio's 99A and 99BB have enough TC frames to go under 3 A and the quickstep that you get from the 99 motions avoid Sieg's neutral options. Also if you have meter to burn then just CE him if you see him going into stances.

So I'm working on Anti-Sieg at the moment with Slayer and I've learned that 99A and 99BB will kill off Sieg's 3(B) stance options. Ezio's 99A and 99BB have enough TC frames to go under 3 A and the quickstep that you get from the 99 motions avoid Sieg's neutral options.
Can he not realign in-stance with 6 to make SCH K catch your step attacks? SBH should also be able to murder 99A horribly, and 8B+K_2B+K may evade 99BB.

I've been using quickstep into A+B against his stance options. The TC evades SCH A and the step avoids non-realigned SCH B/SCH K. If he does realign to kill step+TC options, the moves come out slower so you can beat it out with 6B/3B/whatever.

Can he not realign in-stance with 6 to make SCH K catch your step attacks? SBH should also be able to murder 99A horribly, and 8B+K_2B+K may evade 99BB.

I've been using quickstep into A+B against his stance options. The TC evades SCH A and the step avoids non-realigned SCH B/SCH K. If he does realign to kill step+TC options, the moves come out slower so you can beat it out with 6B/3B/whatever.

That's pretty interesting, I hadn't thought of using A+B before since it's slow as shit but I'll go give that a test and see what the results are. Also for the 66A I never had Sieg try to realign himself but I can't see 66A getting punished. More testing it is.

Alright so I went back and tested some stuff and 66A and A+B seem to work well against Sieg's SCH options off of 3. If Sieg tries to go for a SCH K then Ezio's 66A will CH, if Sieg does any other move than it's NH. A+B is really in that it gives you a stunned knockdown but if Sieg doesn't go into stance than he can punish A+B, the punish isn't a hard punish unless he knows the timing but if he does then you will eat a 6A.

Hey, Juez. I saw you on Maxi's SA (a post from months ago). I've recently switched from Ezio to Maxi. So, maybe I can say something useful. I'm still pretty new as Maxi, though, so think about my suggestions as tips against a mediocre Maxi.

On a general note, try to keep him out. He is bad at darting in. So, try intercept him whenever you can.

Then you gotta learn to differentiate three of his moves, cause he can easily trap you with these.

66B he switches the nunchaku to his left hand and slams it down. If you block this, keep in mind that he can Side Crouch Tech with LI B and deal some big damage. He can also use Neutral Guard to aGI mid horizontals, verticals and stabs (it gets 2A and FC A, too). So, FC K is probably a good option for Ezio. But that has a bad range. If Maxi use 66B at tip, you gotta be extra careful.

77_99B he steps in and executes a wide upper (without jumping, the jumping one is 66B+K). He can Neutral Guard after this, too. And if you hesitate, he will nail you with that quick low kick plus roundhouse, from a stance. He can also use a retreating horizontal attack, particularly if the 77_99B is blocked at tip.

And 44B, he spins slowly and executes an upper, standing still. He can follow up quickly with another B. If this thing get you, you eat a big combo. If you block the second B, he can still use Neutral Guard, so 2K him if you're near enough.

Also, whenever he is in disadvantage and crouching, fear his WS B+K, for it's a Side Crouch Tech. If you block it, you end up in a situation similar to when you block 77_99B. If Maxi land a footsie on you, Ezio's WS A (or 66A) is proably a good option.

I humbly think this is a tough MU for Ezio. The things that might help him are 22K, 4K to keep Maxi out. And it might be relatively easy to intercept him with 44A (in comparison to other characters, who are better at darting in).

Back