Favorite quotes thread

damn-I-Suck

[12] Conqueror
Post your favorite quotes, from anyone, living or dead doesn't matter. (2 of my favorite ones are in my signature).

A civilization which leaves so large a number of its participants unsatisfied and drives them into revolt neither has nor deserves the prospect of a lasting existence.
Sigmund Freud
I'll come up with some more later.

Reactions: BRV
" So, you guys evuh hear the one ‘bout Serious Black and Flitwick’s littuh brotha? So, Flitwick’s littuh brotha’s walkin’ down the streets of Londuhn… And Serious Black, ‘e’s in this STORM DRAIN… Dressed as a CLOWN. An’ ‘e’s like, “Yo! Hey! Flitwick’s littul brothuh! Down ‘ere in this storm drain! It’s me! A clown!” And Flitwick’s littuh brotha’s like, “Yeah chap? Wutchoo want?” And Serious Black’s like, “Oh, Flitwick’s littul bruhva, you gotta get down this storm drain with me, ‘cause you’re. Missin’. Out! We’ve got a CARNIVUHL down ‘ere! We’ve got LOADS of cottuhn candy, and balloons!” And the kid practically flips, ‘e goes, “I gotta get down there… That sounds like a RIGHT TREAT THAT DOES!” So! ‘E reaches down his arm, right? But Serious Black… He grows ‘is mad teeth and ‘e BIOTES THE KIDS ‘EAD OFF! And two days latuh…That kid died." ~A Very Potter Sequel

"Boo you whore"
"Four for you Glen Cocco. You go Glen Cocco"
"Why should Caesar get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? What's so great about Caesar? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar. OK, Brutus is just as smart as Caesar. People totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar. And when did it become OK for one person to be the boss of everybody? Because that's not what Rome is about! We should totally just stab Caesar!" ~All from Mean Girls

"From Chaos Comes Clarity".....My favorite band, 311 (prolly some smart guy philosipher that said it first but I have no idea who)

These words have gotten me through a lot of shit in my life. Sounds cheesy to quote a band but these words have stuck with me and really hit home

Not really a saying, but a good retort to an asshole customer...

"OK Mr. Jones. Your valves are adjusted and im gonna charge you an hours labor."

"But Dave, it only took you 20 minutes to do that. Why so much?"

"Because it took me 20 years to learn how to do it in 20 minutes. Now gimmie my money."

"
"Boo you whore"
"Four for you Glen Cocco. You go Glen Cocco"
"Why should Caesar get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? What's so great about Caesar? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar. OK, Brutus is just as smart as Caesar. People totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar. And when did it become OK for one person to be the boss of everybody? Because that's not what Rome is about! We should totally just stab Caesar!" ~All from Mean Girls
Omfg Mean Girls ASSDFFGHJLLKJHGDAADFKJGDAACBCHCHEEVFNDHRVEFDVDVBUBINDVEXECYOMOMUVRCEXWCRCYVINIBTCTVINTXEXRCIVC
You're now my favourite member.

That whole film is quotable.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Abraham Lincoln

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."
-- Tyrion Lannister
"Woman? Is that meant to insult me? I'd return the slap, if I took you for a man."
-- Queen Daenerys Targaryen
"If I look back, I am lost."
-- Queen Daenerys Targaryen
"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."
-- Queen Cersei Lannister
“I am Cersei of House Lannister, a lion of the Rock, the rightful queen of these Seven Kingdoms, trueborn daughter of Tywin Lannister. And hair grows back.”
-- Queen Cersei Lannister
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”
-- Jojen Reed
“What is honor compared to a woman's love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms . . . or the memory of a brother's smile? Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.”
-- Aemon Targaryen
“People often claim to hunger for truth, but seldom like the taste when it's served up.”
-- Stannis Baratheon
“So many vows … they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws. It’s too much. No matter what you do, you’re forsaking one vow or another.”
-- Jaime Lannister

Yes, this is all from Game of Thrones. It might be evident that I have a problem.

I have three quotes that I love.

"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never escape it alive anyways." Not sure who it's from but it always rings true

"Every single person who has told you that you couldn't, lives in fear that you'll achieve the things in life they think you shouldn't" The Delgados, from the song 'Get Action!'

Last one I just find funny and always think of it when I want a small laugh.

"The existence of the flamethrower is proof that someone once thought to themselves, 'I want to light those people on fire, but they are too far away to do it'"

"The threat is often stronger than the execution"
-Bobby Fischer, greatest chess player who ever lived

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."
George R.R. Martin

"This too will pass." Or it's variation "It can't rain all the time."
I'm not sure on the origin but my grandma would always say that when me or my mom were upset.

"I'm just trying to get a window seat on the way to Hell."
"I like to tell people I've been blessed, and I like to give back. But that's a bunch of horse shit. I give back because I'm a bad person, who does bad things like shoplift."
"I'm a lover not a fighter, and by that I mean I suck a lot of dick."
Willam Belli the Drag Queen.

"People's hearts are pure chaos. Formless and ever-changing—a mystery no one can solve. That is why humans are such contradictions. One moment they're at each other's throats, the next they're forming shaky alliances."-Jihl Nabaat

I can't remember any other....

tumblr_mjrxwbVElV1qzgnzho1_1280.jpg

pretty much anything Neil Cicierega says is funny
so many questions...

Back