favorite SC5 tournament matches

coolcmcgee

trash of 8wayrun
with SC6 on the horizon I thought it would be good to look back on some of our favorite or memorable tournament matches from SC5. I'll start with a few of my personal favorites from the last 6 years.

In no particular order

starting off with a match from NEC which is usually the biggest tournament of the year for calibur I've the NEC 14 grandfinals between Partisan and Lost Providence

next up we have a match from one of the bigger rivalries of SCV Jimbonator vs IRM in grand finals at the first TFC

speaking of rivalries we have RTD vs kAb a classic bout that goes back to the dark ages. This time they meetup in the grand finals of CEO 2013

Partisan sneaks back onto my list again with this match against IRM at Final Round 17. This match was not only closely contested and exciting to watch the whole way through but the crowd hype from the spectators around makes it a match I want to watch again and again and again.

continuing on with another match from Final Round, we have Lolo vs Hawkeye in grand finals at Final Round 17. this match comes at the heels of Lolo making an incredible run through the losers bracket in top 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrqcw0JltJA

Lastly for now I have thermidor vs LostProvidence in a pools match from NEC 17. this match features perhaps one of the greatest comebacks I have ever seen in fighting games, with Thermidor coming back from literally the brink of defeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=440&v=hv6V_Fp8wuM

feel free to post some of your favorite matches from SCV! (please excuse my horrible grammar)

Last edited:
This was a really close and really high quality match. Great play from both players, and that's all there really is to say about it.

This started out as a really close match, but once Jay harnessed his Chi, he was totally unstoppable, and no one saw it coming. Great match.

This is the match that made me want to play Algol. Wasn't the result that I wanted in the end, but still a really great match with impeccable play on both sides.

WAKEUP TAUNT INTO THROW

Really solid play from ZeroEffect here. This was a match he'd been wanting to win so he did his homework and figured out how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VysrjGbm6o

That's all I got for now. Might add others later

Can’t get Links at the moment.

Kayane vs. LinkrKc
The one Woahhzz won vs. Shad
Any of Lolo’s wins (except vs. me. Lololol)
Reptile vs. Me
Me vs. SU At MLG (when I came back from him being up 2 and on game point)
Hawkeye vs. Keev At one of the MLG Arena invitationals.
And JJJ vs. me strictly because the stream video was pretty hilarious.
Also Saiyne vs. Woahhzz At last NEC because I think it showed that Saiyne is finally understanding how to play S.C...hopefully he can adapt to SC6 though
In the future, I think I’ll like Xeph vs. Link regardless of who wins or how. I like their competitive drive

Featuring two of my favorite players to watch. Party Wolf and IRM put on a fantastic show, going last game, last round. What makes this one of my favorites is the clutch moments pulled by PW (several times he manages to land the last hit at low life, while his guard is blinking red).

IRM is skilled and plays honest most of the time. But if given the leeway, he will troll you during the match and sometimes his decisions create hilarious moments.

Featuring two of my favorite players to watch. Party Wolf and IRM put on a fantastic show, going last game, last round. What makes this one of my favorites is the clutch moments pulled by PW (several times he manages to land the last hit at low life, while his guard is blinking red).

I poured my heart out that tournament. This was my first time traveling to a Big E event. This definitely was the most accomplished I felt in the game since I wanted to prove that I could win against the odds. I even remember on Facebook before the tournament that Fuzion (great guy btw, but before I knew him) was sure that I wouldn't even make it out of my pool. I know that I couldn't show I was the best SC5 player but there was so much emotion/investment in this tournament for me. It was a great pay off and I hope that SCVI recreates some of that experience for me. Thank you for liking my gameplay!

I didn't think anybody doubted your skill level at this point in the game's life. I am surprised it was Fuzion of all people, too bad he doesn't play anymore. Thank you for sharing. @Party Wolf

Back