Fc a+bb

IkI

[08] Mercenary
Hey,

I don't get any single B after FC A+B. However, I push that damn B button like a furious..and I still have 56 dmg...

There was a topic on calibur forum about that but as it's down for a while, I dont find any helps.

Do you guys know how to get at least 1 more B (you can do 2 or 3 more B right?)
What is the timming to press the button ? Any tips is welcome :D THX

:sc1crv1:

Most people who do it consistently bind a number of buttons to B and mash all of them. I don't think it's worth the effort, however. Of course, I could be wrong.

I do think its more than worth, but apart from that, you dont get more "B"'s, you get the Gurad Breake which makes the Move +13 instead of -20 + more Damage, 66 instead of 56. But always a 7 Hit Combo.

On hit full Tech Trap with A+B. catches every direction. Tracking to both sides, good Punisher for ducked Highs, on a wall free damage + Cervys wallgame makes him scary at a wall or Ring Edge.

Imo best Move of Cervy besides iGDR and 2A+B.

If you can pull this off consistently, it's worth keeping in mind near walls/edges, where it will guarantee aB. Use of this varies widely from player to player. So far most Cervy players that I've seen place highly in tournaments held in competitive regions don't value it as one of his BEST moves, or at least not one that they use often.

Maybe I'm just jealous because I can't pull it off like I could in SC3, I dunno.

I usually go for AA after Block near a wall. Of course its less Damage, but way easier cause you gotta buffer aB plus i wanna keep my Frame Advantage to keep on the pressure.

Cervy imo has the best Wallgame/ near the Edge, only GI is a option to escape the FC A+BBB Terror, cause its hard to step.

@ KowTow

The game is still young, one day youll get punished for every single 3B and people wont fall for 1K all day, you gotta implement this Move to have a safe option for Damage and especially like you said, on a wall this Move is what seperates an average Cervantes from an High Class cervantes imo.

I too thought A+BBBB wasn't worth the effort but after some testing and implementation this is cervantes second best move next to iGDR.

I just can't do it without binding2 extra B buttons and literally hurting my hand with the mashing, and even then it's not consistent...

I'd like to actually see vids or something of ho devastating this move can be.

@ KowTow

The game is still young, one day youll get punished for every single 3B and people wont fall for 1K all day, you gotta implement this Move to have a safe option for Damage and especially like you said, on a wall this Move is what seperates an average Cervantes from an High Class cervantes imo.

3b is only aa punishable, and will remain an important mixup too. And what lows do you use besides 1k, since people aren't going to "fall for it" soon? I'd love to know what you think he has for a good low, or are you so advanced that you don't even need lows now that you have this guard crush?

You haven't played ANYONE. I wouldn't be so quick to talk about a high class Cervantes.

@ KowTow

I know you think im a scrub, no problem for me. We already agreed to disagree, so you can go on keeping your "i go to highly competitve meetings and you scrub dont played anyone attitude". Im fine with that.

For the Record:
I played a lot of pretty good guys in the past, Jag the Gemini who is playing high level since SC1 and would rape 98 % of the guys you play, Adamas, Neo4Life, Sacharja, Tharon Mortis just to name a few. Of course i didnt play any US players, just like you didnt play any french players or other countries. Probably we wont meet ever in Life, no need to compare Dicks on the Internet.

You are right about SC4, i didnt play any serious competition since it came out, sometimes of course i test my stuff online, we can play almost lagfree (max 2 Frames) against Germans and sometimes Frenchs. I can do all of his Combos even online, not stuff like 3B~8A+K~3A+B, i mean stuff like the strict iGDR Combos.So Lag is not a barricade.
When i test my stuff i dont test it against some scrubs, when i play online i play guys like Dan the Nighmare, Jag, or other Gnouz Members or known German Players. But most of the time you can find me in Training searchin for Antistrats, instant Throws or other stuff,, whatever. I have enough experience in this game to judge whether a move is good or not, i play Cervantes non stop since SC DC.

Now you know my background, so do what you wanna do. We can discuss or you can go on belitteling my opinion because i dont have a strong local competitive scene.

For the 1K Story:

The people i played blocked it pretty consistently in SC3 and im 99% sure they will in SC4. No doubt about that. Furthermore its wack on Hit, so even if they dont block it they will know the Frame Data and try to interrupt the Followups.

I throw out single 11As, try to hitcheck on Counterhit, since its not that unsafe and wont be punished a lot, due to the A or B followup there is nothing wrong with using this Move. I like to use it after FC A+BBB, cause the Range makes it safer than on close range. i dont think he has a good Lowgame, of course you can throw out 1Ks, but i try to use other ways to make them duck.

Furthermore, im more like Hates i think, i use instant FC A+B/ instant Command Throw/ other Throws Mixups to make them duck. As i stated before, Crouch into Throw and Crouch into FC A+BBB look very similar in the first few Frames. When i hit 11A i sometimes go for 11AB, or 11AA or 11A on Hit into Crouch into Throw/ FC A+BBB Mixup. The same after 6A+B on Hit, you can go for 6A+BB or 6A+B on Hit into Crouch Mixups.

For the 3B Story:

Since my game is based pretty much on crouch into Mixup i rather do FC A+BBB than 3B.

-First of all, 3B has like zero tracking, is unsafe,not heavy punishable though, and the few Frames Difference in speed are not such a big deal in an open situation. If you have the time to go into Crouch, you have the time for FC A+BBB/Throw in most cases.

-There are so many small Stages in this game, i cant believe you guys are not using this Move. Cervys Wallgame is pretty strong in this Game, just like in SC3. People wont duck near a Wall or Ring Edge to avoid a Wallsplat, they will watch out for A+G to avoid the Ringout, try to step, GI. But if you are smart, you wont crouch against Cervantes.

With FC A+BBB its more a Win/Win situation for you. Crouching is dangerous, just standing is FREE Damage. Your opponent has to Gi or step, but FC A+BBB covers step pretty well to both sides, you can ch 2A them into FC A+BBB which is once again free Damage. GI a move that does about 80 Damage is a risk, not like GIing a poke.
No matter what they do, Cervantes is the last Character you wanna have in your face near a Wall/ Ring Edge, no matter what your opponent does, its always high risk.

If my statements sound silly for you, if you think its a scrub opinion, just go on with your current kind of play. Not my decision. But your Cervantes could be alot stronger with this Move, even if you just use it near a wall.

@ Brian

i just can do it consistent with all shoulder Buttons mapped with a B. I banned A+K, i just dont need it. After iGDR you have plenty of time to switch your Hand, after 3B i do iGDR~28B, on ch 3B you have several possibilities, DC A+K is crap, so the mapped A+K had to go.

Part of my issue, I suppose, is that I use a stick. No shoulder buttons for me. I can get to the point where I mash it out a decent percentage of the time, but it literally causes me physical pain and takes a ton of effort. It would be nice to have that move as a pushout/edge tool, but the reward is out of balance with the annoying suffering I have to endure to get it. ;P Luckily, however, I have other dirty tricks...

That indeed, is a big problem. I started building a custom stick, but i dont think ill use it due to this issue.

Especially if you have a 6 Button Layout... maybe you should ask Aris one day, think he once posted he can pull it off 100% on a stick.

Maybe you could try a method DJs use to do a scratch, called the Crab. Replace the fader with your Button, youll get 4 Bs with one Motion in Theory. Give it a try :) Dont know whether it works/ your Buttons are sensitive enough. But this came up to my mind when i was thinking how to pull of this Move with a stick.

Hope you know what i mean, could be the biggest Bullshit ever. But i have some Sanwas right here and they are popping pretty well.

EDIT: Video doenst work for me, here is the direct link: "www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5OeaC3rI-A&feature=related"

Holy shit I'm not reading that long post, I stopped when you name dropped JAG THE GEMINI. I am laughing so fucking hard right now you have no idea.

You'd be surprised how good JAG really is.
Top players with a lack of social skills on the internet should be nothing new to you. =P

Lol, KowTow, keep on playing your average Cervantes.

But stop actin like you are an elitist, cause all i see is how you own some noobs with zero Cervantes Knowledge and lose to people who are able to block 1K and punish once in a Match.

kthxbye.

can't we all just stop this little fight? There is no need to try to measure the size of each others manhood on the internets.

I can't believe this is even a discussion, who has Germany played outside of their own group? I hate to even bring up SC2, but were they even at the world championship in France? You guys are lookin a lot like Poland right now, sitting around playing each other claiming to be elite players.

i have 3 buttons mapped to B. i take my hand off the stick and use both to mash all three. i can pull it off about 85% of the time, and its not to stressfull on the hands. just remember... its not about how hard you push, but how fast.

I binded another B button (B+K, it works also). I have now Triangle, L1 (b+k) and R2 (b+g) but I only push triangle and L1 afap. Success rate around 50-60% I guess.

I didn't really try with R2 because I lost speed with it. The R2 button is a trigger/grid, it's not built for quick press and my fingers don't get it lol

This move is demonic 66 dmg (~80 in CH), tech trap if he stands up, +13 adv on block :O

thx

i dont know if this belongs in here. but, i've got this move pretty down pat, and i was wondering... what are you guys using after a blocked FC A+BBBB...? by the way, once you have this move down you wont be able to stop doing it. 1k, to either command throw or FC A+BBB... just so much fun. if they try to interrupt after 1k, throw out 6k for your frame trap. wash, rinse, repeat.

Back