[Feb 24, 2011] World Game Cup 2011 (Cannes, France)

cant watch the fuckin stream on this damn computer at work....I really wanted to see Kayane and malek fight!!! DAMN IT!!

Partisan you need to keep with the updates for me!!

HRD
sc2maxi2.gif

EDIT: Team Burton (Jag the Gemini/Thiry/Maxou) wins the 3 on 3 defeating team Rainbow (Varghas/Kayane/Keev).

Last match came down to the last man, last round with Maxou using Setsuka against Keev using Nightmare. Maxou wins with a perfect.

Reactions: HRD
Event list from 3 v 3 here:

SC4 3 V 3

Team Rainbow vs Nemesis up now.

• Varghas (Asta) vs Akiru (Tira) up first.
  • Varghas wins.
  • Varghas (Asta) vs Malek (Ivy) up next.
  • Malek wins.
  • Kayane (X) vs Malek (Ivy) up next.
  • Malek wins.
  • Keev (Nightmare) vs Malek (Ivy) up next.
  • Keev wins (3-0!)
  • Keev (Nightmare) vs Freaky (Voldo) up next.
  • Keev wins.
  • Team Rainbow wins 3-2
Team NostraCosa vs Burton

• Ahriman (Voldo) vs Thiry (Yoshi) up first.
  • Thiry wins. (Post GI SUICIDE 2nd last round!
  • Sakon (Lizardman) vs Thiry (Yoshi) up next.
  • Thiry wins in a close 3-2 match.
  • Dina (Sophitia) vs Thiry (Yoshi)
  • Dina wins!
  • Dina (Soph) vs JAGTHEGEMINI (Asta)
  • JAG wins and gets his team the win!
  • Team Burton wins! 3-1
Team Burton vs Team Rainbow up now.

• JAG vs Varghas in an Asta mirror up first.
  • Jag wins 3-2 with a perfect to finish it off!
  • JAG (Asta) vs Kayane (X) up next.
  • JAG wins! B COMMAND GRAB FTW
  • JAG (Asta) vs KEEV (Nightmare) on now.
  • Keev wins!
  • Thiry (YOSH) vs Keev (Nighty) up next.
  • Keev wins!
  • MAXOU (Setsuka) vs Keev up next.
  • Maxou wins!
  • Team Burton takes it in a close set! 3-2
TEAM Burton WINS

LostProvidence: What exactly do you wish me to comment on? Or you'd wish I could comment on stream live? So you heard Im the master of trash talk?, lol xD

Anyway those were very exiting games to watch. Keev's level is almost unbelievable, incredible spacing really. I remember playing him before, that kind of pressure and ability to take the game at seemingly hopeless situations and being able to secure his advantage with such precision. Excellent on every level. Truly a game of a champion. I was looking at him playing Rafael and at ranbats and thought he's out of shape, the more exciting it is to see myself mistaken.

I was also striken by Thiry's yoshimitsu, it seems pressure was too much for him, as he was dropping many combos, but in the end - amazing setups, unpredictable wake up game, ability to play Yoshimitus at such a long range at times. He really was an eye opener. I've played almost every good yoshimitsu in the world before and I believed I saw them all, but I regret not playing Thiry.

JAG's Astaroth was a surprise. As unexiting as Astaroth is as a character, you still managed to put up a good show and defeat many of the great players. You're the pride of german calibur.

Kayane is doing great, really difficult matchup with astaroth and Ivy you still managed to struggle and put a lot of pressure on your opponent. Better luck in the singles.

Good work Malek, Keev was too much for you in the end, it was a little scary seeing a player of your exceptional level outplayed by Keev's matchup knowledge like this. Wow. But still you're the champion for many of us, show em tomorrow.

Of course Congrtulations to Maxou for winning a title, we shall see if he can do this again tomorrow. *grin*

Overall there were alot of interesting, close game, with many complicated set ups and strategies - a pleasure and a privelege to observe such a high level games. Thank you france and Gnouz Corp.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrows singles. I'm rooting for Rufus, Damien, Malek and Kayane. Go Go Go guys (and lady)!

I wish more of the pool play was streamed, but the top 4 was very exciting to watch. Watching Keev against Malek was just pure fucking brilliance. I can't wait until the videos are uploaded.

I am also looking forward to tomorrow. It's going to be very exciting since the top 8 will be streamed.

And don't forget to check the stream for Winter Brawl after the conclusion of the solo tournament tomorrow. So much Soul Calibur going on this weekend.

Keysona OCV'd team Germany in the finals for the World Team Cup. France is your winner.

So hope you guys had fun watching the stream.Congrats to Scud/Thug/Malek.

I unfortunatel lost to Ahriman and Rufus in the Elimination rounds, fortunately i could take my revenge on Rufus in a first to Five which i could win 5:4. He is unbelievable good with Taki, so annoying to play its not even fun anymore lol. Im dead serious about this, its not fun to play him :) Oh did i mention Maxou lost 5:0 to him? :P :P (<3 Maxou)

I definetely had fun again, even though SC4 is pretty dead for me since several months and especially other germans (WE got OCVd!), still it was a good end for SC4.

For those who dont already know, according to a Namco Manager from France who was there they are already working on the translations and SC5 should be presented at Gamescom or E3!!! BAM.

So time to move on, try to built a stronger community in Germany and hopefully be able to compete with those goddamn French guys :)

I wont give shoutouts, way too much people. Just a big "SHIT" at Thuggish Pond (read: Sügish Pönd) :)

See you all when SC5 is out!

For those who dont already know, according to a Namco Manager from France who was there they are already working on the translations and SC5 should be presented at Gamescom or E3!!! BAM.

That's good shit.

And I wonder if you changed your mind about some of that stuff you thought would be "overpowered". =P

Haha, no i didnt change my mind :) Its just that "some" other chars are too strong :)

I lost 5:3 and 5:0 (4 AM is my excuse) to Thugish. Amy is broken shit! :P :P

Back