[Feb 26, 2012] TTT: Toronto Soul Calibur V Tournament (Toronto, ON)

neorussell

[10] Knight
Do you think your better than the rest in Soul Calibur?
Do you have new tech you want to show players around the world?
Do you want to dethrone the current Champion of Soul Calibur Toronto?

TTT is proud to bring you another Soul Calibur V Tournament. SCV is part of EVO and (maybe) MLG. These tournaments are great way to practice for any upcoming majors. This tournament will be FULLY STREAMED. Showcase your full on Soul Calibur skills.

_____
DATE:

Sunday, Feb. 26th @1p

_________
A&C World
702a Spadina Avenue
Toronto, Ontario

Spadina Station. Go South till you see A&C World. It's on the same side as the "Licks Restaurant".

$5 - Door Fee
$10 - Tournament

________
PARKING:

In front of the store if there is space.
There are some street parking but please read the signs so you don't get a ticket.

______
STREAM:

Stream will be provided by our very own TTT_RXS.
www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers

Viewers are important. Please make sure you let people know of this event and the stream address.

1:00pm - Door Opens
2:00pm - Singles Starts

Don't be late. Nobody is special.

_____
RULES:

Console is PS3
Dampiere Banned (Until DLC)
CAS Banned (includes DVJ)
Custom Weapons are Banned
Color Edits are fine

1st - 70%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%

__
Hope to see people there more than 20 players in this event.
Tell your friends and let's give our viewers a great show.
Comments, questions, feedback, let me know.

NeoRussell

I'm in for this ! Do you know at what time (estimate) the tournament would finish ? Just making sure to get the proper bus tickets !

And last questions, this tournament is on PS3 or Xbox 360 (I'm asking the question but I have the impression to know what it will be haha) ?

Do you think your better than the rest in Soul Calibur?
Do you have new tech you want to show players around the world?
Do you want to dethrone the current Champion of Mortal Kombat Canada?
So whoever wins this SCV tournament will be the new Mortal Kombat Champion? Awesome!

I'll be there repping Le Bello.

Eli123s I'm calling you out and exposing you. 17th place at Smash Ups 2 and 7th place in Buffalo? Pathetic.

So much shit talk from you about how good you are during SC4 and now you're getting exposed in SCV for your "true" SC skills. I knew that certain SC4 players would get exposed during SCV, and you're one of them.

This is what happens when you rely on certain moves too much and allow them to become your CRUTCH. It weakens your fundamentals. And when the next game comes out and you lose your CRUTCH you become a cripple who can't even get top 5.

Feel free to use your excuse "wait until I master CS", because that's all it is - an excuse. And it's also basically you admitting that you need a CRUTCH to be good.

Eli to expose you even further, I FIRST ROUND CHALLENGE you at this tournament. And that's not all. I also challenge you to make it a money match. Loser pays the other winner's tourney entry fee - $10.

Do you accept?

If so you better start working on finding that crutch move. You'll need it.

crutches.jpg

LOL Oof your obsessed with me. Its only 2 week in. Oof you couldn't beat me in SC4 and the same will be true for SC5. It not about crutch moves, the true is you are just not good at SC, and you will always need some gimmick to make up for your lack of brain cells.

You're trying to challenge me when I don't have all my tools ready. Yea Oof you really "exposed" me. But its understandable, I'm playing with a handicap so this is your only opportunity to actually beat me.

But please keep trying more it always a good laugh seeing your posts.

You have two weeks to get your "tools" ready. I haven't even trained hardcore with any character except Dampierre. I haven't even began properly training with a secondary non-banned character and I know that I will still beat you. I don't need to get "tools ready" like you do. I can pick up any character in a day and be ready with them purely on fundamentals. You need weeks and months to prepare? LOL keep searching for those crutches, or "tools".

So are you too chicken shit scared to accept my FRC MM? It's a simple yes or no.

I also want it streamed.

Eli. You cant use the "dont have my tools ready" excuse. Every character got changed dramatically, everyone is going through the same thing. Good players adapt to changes.

Oof. Pot calling the Kettle Black. or something. You relied on every gimmick in the book with Star Wars, Algol, Hilde, Kilik, to get by in SCIV. When you left your mains, you were never, EVER able to get that success again. Talk about relying on "Crutch" moves. You're following the same path with Dampierre. You know you cant handle AEON right now can you.

Even Russel. He was talking about how he is going to win Winter Brawl. Then loses to a New Asta player. Where was your Just Gaurd and Top Yoshi play?!

Guess we can only rely on Barry and Stryder and Me for now...

lol @ you guys still trying to use the "gimmick" card as a way to criticize me, when the irony is that it's actually a compliment towards me.

A gimmick is a strategy or technique that not all people may be aware of. It's the legitimate strategy of taking advantage of someone's lack of knowledge of something in the game.

Lack of knowledge is a weakness in skill.

So what you're basically saying is that I should be criticized for taking advantage of a person's lack of skill in the game when it comes to playing competitively. lol

Damn, y'all are GOING THERE now? I mean I thought it was a little outlandish that Eli was declaring himself as a legit choice for team USA at NEC, but I don't have anything personal against the guy, he's a decent player. If he just learned the game with SC4, then that's what he had to work with. Yeah a lot of that was Ivy being broken much later in the game, but let's give him some time to learn the new game before we start shittin on the kid. He hasn't been around as long as some of us, so this is his first REAL Soul Calibur game. Let's see how he takes to it.

And that Astaroth caught a lot of us off guard lol, he beat me before he beat Russell, and he almost beat Barry too. The kid's got some skills, let's give him at least a little credit.

Damn, y'all are GOING THERE now? I mean I thought it was a little outlandish that Eli was declaring himself as a legit choice for team USA at NEC, but I don't have anything personal against the guy, he's a decent player. If he just learned the game with SC4, then that's what he had to work with. Yeah a lot of that was Ivy being broken much later in the game, but let's give him some time to learn the new game before we start shittin on the kid. He hasn't been around as long as some of us, so this is his first REAL Soul Calibur game. Let's see how he takes to it.
You're right Kowtow, I shouldn't be picking on Eli, he's just a kid with delusions of grandeur at this game. He's not ready to hang with the big boys yet. lol

As for the parking, I remember Jaywalker mentioning that his building, which is around a block away from the venue, has parking. So I would ask him about that.

I always find it funny when people who can't even resolve their OWN local "drama", try to give advice to others on that stuff. Hypocrisy is always funny though.

So again I ask: Anyone wanna let me come over in the early and chill with them in the morning so i can cross the border early?

Dino: I lost. I accepted it. No need to hate on my JG skills. It may not be perfect yet but I know SCV will heavily rely on it in the long run. Just like always, you will be too LATE to realize that.

Amaury: I created this thread with MK. LOL, I changed it on my end.

Parking should be good in front of the store. If not, residential areas are mostly free on Sundays.

Do you have Facebook?
http://www.facebook.com/events/330998523611121/

NeoRussell

Back