Feel My Wrath: Mitsurugi Matchup Thread

Aeon:

1. jg 1a for 236b hold
2. 2b only in mixup range on point blank block
3. 6k hold look for the flash and side step on reaction 236b hold (ss easier than qs)
4. 2k is only punishable by ws k on point blank block.
5. b+k you can 22a+b, 2a on reaction but it's kind of inconsistent and harder than just ducking
6. 8b+k is 236b hold on close block
7. ws ab block first hit ss 2nd hit for 236b hold or 22a+b
8. ws b safe outside of point blank
9. ws k safe outside of point blank
10. 22ab jg 2nd hit for 3b
11. 44a hold is safe as far as i can tell
12. 66bk side step 236b hold
13. 11b you can punish with 66k
14. 11k jg for 236b hold
15. 66b* step on reaction and 236b hold
16. CE you get 3b on block

Thx for your input as always I dont have time to check all this, as Im doing lots of things including SC, but its definitely going to make things easier for me.
I already have voldo and yoshi ready, but dont have time to format it properly.
I've made some corrections to Natsu recently and small corections to Pyrrha and Cervy (more coming).
Will try to do something today.

Also I think that most of the time its safe to say that moves
2A : on mid-close block IMR+6
2B : on close block IMR +8
FC 2K/2K/1K : -14 on guard (ws K/JG 236B)

Unless stated otherwise. So I just wont have to list them every time.

Ivy:

1. You can duck A hold and 236b hold
2. 6a hold you get b+k except at max range
3. 3a hold b6 wiffs at max range block (but this is hard to make happen, b6 hits almost always just be aware)
4. it's very hard to find a range where if you block 1a you get ws b but not 236b (if you backdash once and have ivy block b+k and then do 1a you get this range)
5. if you jg the 2nd hit of b hold you get 236b hold or 66a+b
6. you can interrupt the 6b9,k with 9a for back turn and +7 with 66 throw / launcher mixup (although if she does 6b9 without the k she can duck the 9a)
7. a+ba you can 9a as well. if you jg the 2nd hit you get 4k, b
8. after 1a+b 2a doesn't work if done after blocked mitsu a, 236b free on jg
9. 8a+bb you also get 66bb on block. at max range you only get b+k
10. after 4a+b you only get 236b if only one hit gets blocked, 6b9 or bb works after 2 blocks
11. you can also interrupt 4a+bb with 236b or b6 on reaction, qsr is better but a harder on reaction imo. you can get 22a+b
12. block the 2nd hit of ws a+ba then hold 2g and you get 236b hold
13. 44a hold do 4kb for an easier punish if you're having trouble with the 66bb
14. after 22bhold step right
15. 44a+b jg on reaction to the release 236b hold (works for all variations)
16. 1b* - jg 3b only works on point blank, use 4kb or 66bb if not point blank. you can also qsr between the hits so you can do 22a+b for free but jg is easier
17. after 22b* the mst a+b 3b 236b* gives an interesting knockdown, I couldn't find anything cool except 236b hold tech catches right & back but i didn't try too long
1. Yes but you cant react wheather its AA or Ahold, so its safer to go with 236B
4. good!
5. actually I found its easier to step between hits either side
6. This throw setup is interesting, you get right side throw throw though, which isnt as great as left one. Yet damage is great! Also added JG into 6B9
17. 236B hold will hit back and right like you said. 9G BT B+K will punish left side roll. On right sideroll they can block, but you can mix up as you get a BT throw. Nothing overall spectacular here as there is no way to punish them for staying otg. If anything, you can finish the combo with 2A+B, thats guaranteed here and get a free wake up

Cervy

1. aB is really sketchy on block. lately i prefer to just 6b9. I don't like b6 as much because it leaves you at -3.
2. jg the 2nd hit of 1ab for 236b hold
3. jg the 2nd hit of 1bb for 236b hold, only works if you jg both hits from further out you jg 1 hit for 3b
4. 4bk duck 2nd hit crouch cancel 3b
5. 3a+b jg the 2nd hit for 3b. probably not worth it too hard to react to and the risk reward isn't very good compared to just block 236b
6. 8a+b he's forced to go into dreadcharge you can 236b hold
7. 4a+b you can 44b+k mst a+b
8. 9b+k you can also dash forward and get bt b+k or g~3b or back throw
9. 9b+k hold also loses to dash forward bt b+k
10. ws ab jg 2nd hit for 236b hold
11. ws b+k if you're just out of range to block it he'll often end up behind you and you have to 66a+b the other way
12. 66a if someone gets predictable with this you can 66b+k under it and get mst a+b
13. 33a duck on reaction for 236b hold
14. 22aa jg 2nd hit for 236b
15. 11k safe at max range
16. igdr block = free back throw (no more fly away after blocked igdr)
17. block 4b* ssr to avoid bt b+k and break throw 50/50 (3b if he wiffs bt b+k)

1. Same here, but doesnt mean its right thing to do))
4. You can actually 236B hold
6. No, b/c if he iGDR you'll get raped ^_^
7. Not on close range you cant. JG 236B hold though is pretty easy.
8-9 dont get it? you mean UNDER the move? I dont think its possible on reaction.
16. Sadly no, you can only get free backthrow on close block, on far (i.e start of the round) you only get 3B.
most JG's you list are somewhat difficult w/o prior practice, so I just put them in for completeness.

More later.

1. Yes but you cant react wheather its AA or Ahold, so its safer to go with 236B

Safer sure. Just depends on the risk reward you're looking for. 236b hold after ducking the 2nd hit of a,a can't be stepped if you do it fast enough (same timing for a hold) so your risk is them jg or gi it as 236b hold on block is great for you.

Against Siegfried,

we can duck 66A on reaction and do 236B hold
we can step B4 on reaction and do 3B.
After 2B hold, mitsu can step left and block on reaction the low. If sieg do 2B and a WS move, step left and guard is a good option. If sieg whiff, we can punish with 3B ou 66B most of the time.

If Nightmare does Grim Stride transitions in your face on block (i.e. GS B6, GS B6, etc.) you can bA him (usually CH AT), seems to beat out GS A and other options.

Is this the best response?

Belial: I love the idea of this punishment chart! I also really like the way everything is neatly organized. Awesome work! I need to do this for Hilde.

Just spent about an hour going thorugh 75% of Natsu's movelist. I can definitely say I will have a much easier time with her now.

Thanks again Belial!

No prob, Im here to help :p

Now, there is NM's GS B6 but its stupidly slow, and yeah - same as SC4 bA is a great answer to it! So I will add it later

By the way NM is not as terrible as I though, his movement in NSS has improved so some stuff against him need revisions!

I know this sounds kinda petty, but could you just take the first bit of the thread off since my thread is already closedXD. Although I admit it was true, it doesnt seem to be needed anymore :p

Edit: A very minor thing on Hilde, you can also 4B after the second hit of 1kk. It is 38 instead of 22.

I know this sounds kinda petty, but could you just take the first bit of the thread off since my thread is already closedXD. Although I admit it was true, it doesnt seem to be needed anymore :p

Edit: A very minor thing on Hilde, you can also 4B after the second hit of 1kk. It is 38 instead of 22.
ok
4B after the SECOND hit? Im not sure I get it.
4B between 1st and 2nd hit is already listed.

Ahhh I meant first hit, but I did not see it already listed.

Edit: A couple things on Ezio I do not see listed:

A+B: This seems to be punishable by much more than 3A. So far I have done BB, 236B, and b6 all consistently.

Voldo and Yoshi up
Sorry for the long wait, had them done for some time now, just didnt have time to edit and all.

I dont have much practice vs them so its a bit messy. Im updading stuff little by little as I discover new things, so check with list once in awhile.

What I usually do is use it for reference when I play. Print or open on your pc if its close to console. To me its very useful, helps me a lot to remember how to punish different stuff. I hope its the same for you.

Apat, Algol and Omega will be done in a couple of weeks probably.

Yoshi:

1. 6a hold - backdash after blocking the 6a and 236b hold, (3b also works and is easier to do on reaction to the throw)
2. 3ab jg 2nd hit for 3b
3. 4aaaaa gives a+b on block
4. 6kk close block 236b
5. 6k ducked punish with 236b hold, interrupts 6kk
6. 33a* backdash 3b after 1st block (if you backdash quickly you have to wait for the 2nd hit to wiff before you 3b or he’ll hit you out of it)

Thread. Fucking. Delivers.

Thanks, I'm picking up mitsurugi as an alt to astaroth now. I figured I needed at least one "normal" character that could actually punish, and holy hell you sure made it easy to find one.

Aeon:

1. jg 1a for 236b hold
2. 2b only in mixup range on point blank block
3. 6k hold look for the flash and side step on reaction 236b hold (ss easier than qs)
4. 2k is only punishable by ws k on point blank block.
5. b+k you can 22a+b, 2a on reaction but it's kind of inconsistent and harder than just ducking
6. 8b+k is 236b hold on close block
7. ws ab block first hit ss 2nd hit for 236b hold or 22a+b
8. ws b safe outside of point blank
9. ws k safe outside of point blank
10. 22ab jg 2nd hit for 3b
11. 44a hold is safe as far as i can tell
12. 66bk side step 236b hold
13. 11b you can punish with 66k
14. 11k jg for 236b hold
15. 66b* step on reaction and 236b hold
16. CE you get 3b on block

1-4 fixed
5. godlike reaction needed, I fear. I keep my version :p
6-16 fixed
cant believe I made so many mistakes. Must have been really tired or just mixed something up.

Yoshi:

1. 6a hold - backdash after blocking the 6a and 236b hold, (3b also works and is easier to do on reaction to the throw)
2. 3ab jg 2nd hit for 3b
3. 4aaaaa gives a+b on block
4. 6kk close block 236b
5. 6k ducked punish with 236b hold, interrupts 6kk
6. 33a* backdash 3b after 1st block (if you backdash quickly you have to wait for the 2nd hit to wiff before you 3b or he’ll hit you out of it)
3. istn 66A+B better?

All fixed

Added Omega Pyrrha and Algol

I think Astaroth is good for Mitsu. Did you check punishment thread?

Back