Feel My Wrath: Mitsurugi Matchup Thread

Just a little something: Leixia's 33BB pushback has been reduced in the patch, it can be punished with K now.

Against Night.

Against 3B hold, mitsu can do 236A to beat all option and Mitsu is IMR.

It isn't so strong that 66BB or 66B+K, A+B but it beat all.

Mitsu Vs. NM - against 22AA b6 hits at a lot of ranges (better than 1B option?)
Any options for GS B? Is it always better to 2A his transitions into GS?

The front page has a post-block option, and the cancel (most likely into GS B) will throw you off if you're thinking about JG 22AA :p

Instead of 1B (front page), I think b6 is a better option post 22AA block... it requires a lot of concentration to JG everything of NM's >< At tip range, I don't think JG, 3B reaches?

The front page has a post-block option, and the cancel (most likely into GS B) will throw you off if you're thinking about JG 22AA :p
Instead of 1B (front page), I think b6 is a better option post 22AA block... it requires a lot of concentration to JG everything of NM's >< At tip range, I don't think JG, 3B reaches?

Actually, JGing and attacking immediately whether a JG occurs or not beats both options of 22AA and 22AA6. This option select was the first thing I thought of when Just Guard was announced. In SCIV you had to OS by holding guard, and buffering a move during the timing of blockstun of 22AA (so you would press a button right after you WOULD have blocked 22AA). If it gets cancelled, you attack him out of it. If he follows through, nothing happens, since you buffered so early in blockstun (SCIV buffer window was much shorter).

NM could potentially mess you up by just doing 22A, but if you just watch for the animation of the second hit, you can just tap and immediately 3B and beat everything. Though GS A might still hit you.

JG 3B should reach because NM moves forward and JG nullifies all pushback. Could be wrong though.

Unfortunately you can only JG OS beat 22aa and 22aa6 with JG 2a.
3b can get beat out by GS if you do it after JGing for the 2nd a.

Still even if you JG for the 2nd hit and block in case of GS you're still better off than if you just blocked for both options.

is it just me or is mitsu's 4B just a bit broken as hell? its already good enough as an evasive punish but it needs to track and be safe as well??

everytime i play against a 4B spamming mitsu i dont feel like im learning anything except how broken that move is. the vert tracking in this game is already bad enough without having evading, safe tracking BS in here. i mean even if the person using mitsu isnt very skilled and they do the move early you still cant punish it by stepping. so unless your character has a quick advancing attack all you can do is sit there and wait or block it (which also isnt recommended because of its gauge dmg.)

does anyone see at LEAST the tracking on this move being nerfed if not its safe quality as well?

Use a longer-range move to catch backstep.
Time a sidestep (you have to wait until he rears back), GI, or JG (4B is at least -21 on JG).

First instinct when you're having problems should be to go into training, Movement 1 Stand All Guard, Movement 2 Replay Record. Record the move you're having trouble with, go back, hit him with A or B to start, and then do everything while figuring out how to counter.

Basically, you're getting baited, and you need to be more patient.

is it just me or is mitsu's 4B just a bit broken as hell? its already good enough as an evasive punish but it needs to track and be safe as well??

everytime i play against a 4B spamming mitsu i dont feel like im learning anything except how broken that move is. the vert tracking in this game is already bad enough without having evading, safe tracking BS in here. i mean even if the person using mitsu isnt very skilled and they do the move early you still cant punish it by stepping. so unless your character has a quick advancing attack all you can do is sit there and wait or block it (which also isnt recommended because of its gauge dmg.)

does anyone see at LEAST the tracking on this move being nerfed if not its safe quality as well?

Jesus, if you spent the time it took you to get on your computer and type out this ranting balance whine in training mode you would have figured out how to deal with it.

1. Look for the move
  2. React with step, quickstep, or sidewalk either direction
  3. Wait for it to wiff
  4. Launch punish

Addendum: You have to step LATE/8wr longer than you think, and punish later than you think you should, too, or you'll move your fat ass back in front of Mitsu's sword.

Jaeger: Would you like SCV more if it had collectible novelty hats?

I would just add that while you are in the lab figuring out how to punish 4B with your favorite character(s), be aware of 4B6. In particular, MST A+B stuffs some weak advancing attacks for massive damage, and MST A catches kids that see 4B once and step for days ever after.

Tira:
WS B : 1B (also beats WS BK)
JS 33_99AA: 4KB GS

Correction: You can BB after WS B (also beats WS BK)
JS 33_99AA: 3B followup after block.

Tira:
WS B : 1B (also beats WS BK)
JS 33_99AA: 4KB GS

Correction: You can BB after WS B (also beats WS BK)
JS 33_99AA: 3B followup after block.
BB and 3B respectively can be blocked under certain circumstances, such as block distance etc.

Ah, can we add close / far for JS 33_99AA if it's just distance? 50-ish dmg vs. 3B (close) into full combo makes a big difference. What are the other conditions?

Back