Fighting Games in the MLG Summer Season

MLG’s Summer Season has begun, and we are incredibly pleased to announce that fighting games on the PlayStation®3 (PS3™)System will once again be featured on the Pro Circuit.

Summer Fighter Arena: August 10 in NYC

The Season will kick off with Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur V on the PS3 at the Summer Fighter Arena, a full day of action that will be streamed live. The standard definition broadcast will be free, and there will be an HD upgrade option (more details on this to follow). The Top 8 finishers in each game from the Spring Championship will be invited to compete for $3,400 per game.

mlg-fighting-games-header.jpg

Mortal Kombat

DetroitBalln, DJT1993, Perfect Legend, CDjr, Tyrant, Pig of the Hut, GGA 16Bit, and GGA Dizzy

Soul Calibur V

Keev_, Kayane, LostProvidence, rtd_atl, Something-Unique, _Hawkeye, Linkrkc, and Kinetic_Clash

Summer Championship: August 24-26 in Raleigh, NC

Both Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur Von the PS3will also be featured at the Summer Championship. The Soul Calibur competition will take place from Friday, August 24 to Saturday, August 25. The Mortal Kombat competition will take place from Saturday, August 25 through Sunday, August 26. As at previous Championships, we are scheduling the events so that you can compete in both games if you wish to do so.

More details about the broadcasts, competition formats and rules for both events will be available soon. Join us starting on August 10 as fighting games heat up the MLG Summer!

I wish they'd add Persona 4...but Tekken is pretty much guaranteed and will have a huge following (or should, at least).

Is that game even out yet Persona 4? Anime community made a petition that has 500+ signatures to convince MLG to pick it up. IIRC Carlos and Arturo were impressed and are working on it.

Is that game even out yet Persona 4? Anime community made a petition that has 500+ signatures to convince MLG to pick it up. IIRC Carlos and Arturo were impressed and are working on it.

Why does it have to be anime community? =(

Either way, no, it's not out yet.

Hi folks, ok, so I've been scouring the internet for days... Can anyone please tell me where mlg, NYC on the 10th will be at??? Like the exact location for the event?... I'm trying to book a flight and a room but it isn't posted anywhere the location of the event I.e. hotel, convention center etc. Is this like a invitation only thing? Or can I just take a flight up there and enter the tournament? Thank you.

The Summer Arena which is being held in NYC is an invitational, meaning that only the top 8 at MLG Anaheim are allowed to compete, meaning if yo ass didn't make top 8, then yo ass ain't getting in.

MLG Raleigh is the open tournament.

Ah.. Okie that explains it...ok any info on the location of the raleigh NC event location? That isn't posted anywhere either, I have never been to a mlg event, but as of now, it seems very, very difficult to get any info on these events=lame. But thank you very much malice.

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back