Final Fantasy XIII-2

To buy or not to buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow bro/sis you sure read my entire last post incredibly wrong.

My sexism fling was a joke thrown at myself for calling YOU insane because you may be a woman thus explaining why your choice of character loyalty is on crack.
It had nothing to do with Lightning being a female Cloud.

Your entire reply though is hilarious because the moment you said:
"i prefer male protagonists over female ones" you eliminated yourself from having a viable say-so in this and then stuck yourself in your own coffin when you said
"I find it hard to relate to female characters unless they have really good personalities"
You have voided anything you could ever say about any female in anything ever.
That's a bias right there, thus your opinion on the subject doesn't matter because you apparently can't get past the fact these characters don't have a penis and their chests are far more fun to play with than ours........ (i'm so sad)
Your explanation behind it "i'm a frickin guy" like that's a REAL reason behind it. You're a joke dude (officially a dude now i see).

And Nostalgia isn't a reason that anything can be BETTER, shit nostalgia is what ruins franchises and peoples ability to accept change. Humans need to go back in time is a joke because most of the time you do you swiftly realize that it wasn't as good as you thought.
Cloud being a better character because you were 7 when you first met him is by far the funniest thing i've read all day, and i read a lot.... ok no i don't. But it's retarded.

And even though my sexism thing wasn't actually geared towards you to begin with, you may in fact BE sexist lol. I mean that's the definition in it's most basic form.
Take 2 people who are the same. One is Male and the other Female. You very much like the male but very much dislike the female. Why? Because the female isn't relatable.
SEXIST
Shit you may actually be gay. Not a bad thing i guess.

Not to mention, and i can't believe im defending her, but Lightning, unlike both Squall and Cloud, saw that she had a job to do and DID IT. Like Cloud she was a loner and an ass to her party but unlike him or Squall she went off to save the world without being coaxed by a "Nice personality" aka love interest to do it. She was like "My sis be crystal and the worlds gone shit? Fuck this im taking em out." She motivated herself to take everyone on while Cloud required a LOOOOOOT of emotional pushes and an elongated amnesia walk to get there and Squall never actually got there. And both of them took a girlfriend to be in danger to try.
All of them were asses to their group but the only one that has any form of leeway for being allowed to is the chick because she got the job done while the rest were crying, running or trying too hard. While both dudes party's spent most of their time holding their hands and carrying their own weight.

And im done lol, all these characters are dumb though.

Cloud in FFVII was a stoic, loner, borderline emo male character. All that stuff that happened to him was because he wanted the girl. I mean he was emo before emo was emo. Xplay quote.
All the stuff he did like play games and have fun was US not him lol. He wasn't having fun in the story really.

In spin-off material he was just a more emo version of himself, except also bored.

Lightning is the first Cloud except less accepting to doing things and have leisure time. She was all business so instead of just following Aeris around she just said "Shut up and move."

And if she was pmsing the entire game than it would just be Asura's Wrath bro, you have the wrong idea behind that lol.

Eh to each his own in the end, i don't have the energy to read all that. let's make things simple and agree to disagree. i've been called a sexist, a homosexual a thousand times online and in real life with other gamers/casuals about this very subject annnnd it's getting old hearing the same old thing again and again acting like everyone knows me over a dumb character to begin with.

I assure you though for the record im straight as an arrow and have great respect for women. (as long as there not a bitch) same for guys as long as there not pricks, i find Lightning a not nice character therefore i don't like her, no sexist involved shes simply a bitch as Squall is a prick lol.

Eh and im not hating on gay people either jus' sayin.

Lol @ the Asura's Wrath crack btw. the game does look fun though.

Lightning is... well, she's mostly angry a good chunk of the time. Doesn't really remind me of Cloud that much. Not emo, though.

Hell, I wonder what the devs were on, comparing her to Cloud....

For this game I... I'm not very happy. I don't like Noel and I miss Snow, Hope, and Sazh and I prefer those guys over having monsters fight on my team. Serah... I don't mind. But I've just started playing since my little brother is hogging it so my opinion may change later on. Oh, and does anyone know if Serah and Snow will end up getting married later on? I would hate to see her end up woth Noel. (>O.o)

All this DLC ...
Square Enix is seriously trying to milk this game to the bone.
so sad, kupo.

So i just beat the game after 54 hrs give/take.
and the Monster Professor Fragment is just not worth it.
GGs Squarenix

edit: also the ending is pretty gay. hopefully there is no sequel.

I know someone is going to be hella mad at me for this, but FF13 was the only one I liked in the main series. I am definitely picking this up.

I finished FFXIII-2 a week or so ago ~ it was entertaining, but the biggest let-down for me was a lack of quality cutscenes.
The cutscenes in FFXIII weren't generic and...well...more cutscene-like. In the sequel, the characters mostly just stand somewhere, stare off into space, and talk. There are few cutscenes that actually had some effort put into them to make them not so cut-and-paste looking, but I'd have to guess that each area had at least one non-generic cutscene.
The best parts in terms of video were probably the opening and ending, since they were fully rendered.

Gameplay was all right, though having control of only two characters got boring ~ even when Snow was in the party, you couldn't control him. Capturing monsters wasn't that interesting, but it was cool whenever I randomly captured one.
Getting all the fragments is a time-consuming process, but the fragment skills are definitely worth it ~ the one that speeds up the game is pretty spiffy and makes going through battles a breeze. XD

the last FF I enjoyed personally was 9 and after that it kinda is downhill from there:

FF7 I loved at the time
FF8 I HATE WITH A PASSION (F'IN SQUALL)
FF9 Zindane was epic!
FF10 Nice story but subpar gameplay
FF11 enough said >_>X
FF12 blargh
FF13 ...EPIC BLARGH

Dont think XIII-2 will change my opinion much since when it comes to rpgs now its kinda rare to find them, by them i mean good ones.

I am so loving FFXIII-2. =^_^=

My party currently:
Sarah (Ravager/Leader in a bikini) Lv 56th
Noel (Commando) Lv 60th
Mog (Weapon)
Cait Sith (Medic/Healer) Lv 53rd
Pat (Ravager) Lv 38th
Severus (Commando) Lv 41st

Stage: Academia -400 AF- Central Bridge
Battling: Cie'th

I'm kind of stuck right now in the game, so am going back to locate some stuff I missed.

In one of the notes in the CE version of the guide, it says there's going to be DLC based on the ending, explaining Lightning's situation/background story.
If they do release it, I'll be very excited to get it. <3
I'm not sure if I want to get the Sazh DLC, since I've heard it's basically just playing poker. >.>

As for costume DLCs...I want some fan-service Noel. T.T
The Coliseum DLCs are all right...I got Omega Weapon from pre-ordering and it's an amazing addition to the party.<3

Completed this about 2 weeks ago and i still dont like FF13/13-2, really think the seris should go back to FF7,8,9

Spoiler:

FF13-2 Story was whack, what the hell happend to lightning? when was she turned to crystal?

Back to 8? You joking? That game was ass, heck 7 was only OK.

9 though is AMAZING, and by amazing i mean Good.

She was turned to crystal when she tried to 236B the comet.

7,8,9,10 are my all-time favourite FF's....

Also (off-topic) - The Legened of Dragoon is right up there with them! ;)

Back