Follow up

MammothMan

WR B, NSS A+B, GS KK, W!, 4KK, 33B, GSB
Anyone have a suggestion for a follow up for [2]A? Its a decent ranged stun attack but if you're to far out, you can't follow up with a 3K and a lot of things are to slow from a neutral position to hit someone with besides throws, even 8K seems to slow.

For interrupters 1B works, although -20 .. so don't abuse it (maybe 3B would be a better alternative to 1B).
BB works also, but only reaches if they try to attack. A+B interrupts ANY non-TC/TS move. For steppers, 6A/66A would probably be sufficient, 1A too maybe...

If you suspect they just block after 22A hits them, dash forward and do a Low/Mid, or Mid/Throw mixup.

I use 22/88B sometimes too, but only against characters with weak interrupt options at that range so they feel a little more hesitant to attack.

Disclaimer; All of this is in regard to 22A on hit/CH at tip range

generally if 22A should CH or just NH, if i don't want to 3K(tip) then 33K step follow up seems to work wonders because App step is pretty high grade.

So I think I figured out a good follow up to his 22A lunge swing stun attack thingy. If followed up with a 2B+K:JF B+K,B+K (Take the combo anywhere after this) it should lead up to a decent mix up starting with a low attack and surging into a combo spree.

Though I really need to test how viable it is under actual fight conditions. In theory it's sound though. I'm only worried about the 2B+K not being able to reach after the impact from 22A. I'm pretty sure if you graze them on the outside of the saber, you're to far but if you hit deep, you may get close enough. But I guess if you hit them with a force pull first, it primes the position regardless of how far out they are.

Your idea is sound but very much range specific. Personally, I'd say go with BB pressure since you're at +2, but be careful with faster characters and maybe throw out A+B from time to time to abuse the +2 advantage and bring them up close if they're too far for 2B+K:B. Of course, you'll then be at +1 only but that's still advantage enough to fish for CH with something else.

Actually, after testing this I found that 2B+K hits at all ranges. If you contact with 22A, you will contact with 2B+K. The 2B+K is also rather slow coming out (i18), offline you can probably see it coming a mile away, especially if you try it a lot of times. So I think your idea of keeping pressure with BB is more reasonable as it's faster (i15).

Now, 2A may be a good follow up as it's a faster move (i14) and it's a low attack also and can be followed up by FC 8K:A+B.

2B+K might be i18 but it's a strange low in how it comes out since he doesn't actually crouch. Makes it very difficult to see since people usually use visual cues to react accordingly and the only one for 2B+K is his left leg.

Still, sticking to only 2B+K will get you punished, so BB and A+B at your heart's content as well. Oh and maybe 22_88B if you want to get cute.

22_88B definitely won't work online though. The lag will prevent you as it's already a slow move since it's a Step/8WR.

I mean unless the guy is just a blithering idiot and can't see the saber crashing down and doesn't block, there's always that.

Back