Following CH 66:B?

LG Sweets

[09] Warrior
Quick question, what combo do you find most useful following 66:B on counter hit. Which is most damaging? And which can lead to good Oki?

Does 6:6B have different properties on CH than NH ?

If I recall correctly it causes a double-over stun and the most you can get after it is like 2A+B~236, CR B_K. Then again, it's been quite some time since i've played SC4 and i'm starting to forget things.

if you can get 2A+B,CR A+K,BCR B,1K,2B+K~MCHT K like after the CH BS B+K stun, this is completely broken !
The normal 6:6B combo is already 65+ dmg... !

Either, 2A+B~236B or K for max damage. Or you can do 1 to pick them up and be at +8. Or 11BBB which gives some alright Oki. There are other options as well, but these are the most effective.

Yeah, i've been doing 1 somewhat frequently it seems like a good mix-up because you can follow up with a throw and if you condition you opponent to duck you can buffer another 6:6B and then to 2A+B~B/K. Decent damage, but you gotta keep them guessing for this to work. What kind of wake up can you do off 11B?

Does 44 K really combo? Can the K work as a tech trap like it does in the doom combo? I might try and check that out because it seems like a good mix-up with 66 as a low that hits grounded out of MCHT. Thanks for all the quick responses guys, I still have faith in SA. :)

Theres a couple things to keep in mind when using 11BBB as a finisher. You might not notice this in training mode so testing it in a vs match would be a good alternative. If your opponent tries to tech during 11BBB, the 2nd and 3rd hit will do more damage. Gives around the same damage as doing 2A+B~236B_K. So after this, they will be able to stand up quicker. I've never really paid attention to the Oki you can get. The recovery on 11BBB isn't that good. -8 on hit. However, with them teching up afterwards, you do still get an advantage.

If they do not tech during 11BBB, you will see that the damage is reduced signifigantly. It's almost not worth doing as the Oki in this situation is even worse. However, I think you can do 2K. I'm not sure. I'll need to do some testing to make sure. It just slips my mind right now. Too much turkey.

Also, yeah 44 MCHT K will combo, and it will tech trap as well just like you said. It will take off more damage, however, from my experience, 44 will whiff off axis, The 2nd hit that transitions into MC whiffs leaving you in a bad position. You can sometimes benifit from this if your opponent doesn't react quick enough and you go into DR. If you can pay close attention and see if your opponent is lined up properly you can go for it. Just do some testing with it to see what I'm talking about. I do like 44 though. It's really good to use outside of combos as well. Though the 2nd hit can be GI'd fairly easy. But, much like 3BB, you can use this to your advantage to try and bait GI's.

Thanks so much for the feedback Enkindu! I probably would have never known that about 11BBB trick. I agree that 44 is a good move to throw in once in a while. It is just about "frame-trap" status when you follow it up with a 66. I have found, that if you condition your opponent to block low after random 44 you can throw out a 6A+K which leads to that launcher combo (something like 6A+K B+K 6A+K B_K) for pretty amazing damage. Unfortunately 6A+K is pretty unsafe :/

I had another question, and I really don't want to start another thread, considering how barren the Soul Arenas are nowadays, it would look weird :P

Maybe someone here can answer: His "voldozer" (CH 2A+B B+K 6A+K 66) seems to be good as a "WTF JUST HAPPENED" tool. On first attack, I have found that it can ring out on both Ostrheinsburg Castle ~ Twilight, and Grand Labyrinth ~ Corridor of Suspended time. Any others that you guys might know about. Also, what are voldo's best "opening moves" In your opinion, I would love to know :) Thanks

P.S. - Enkindu I loved your "Dancing with Voldo: A Love Story" video, it was recommended to me to improve my playing, and I have to say, I learned A LOT. Thanks so much for posting it.

Voldo's best opening moves:

-7G/4A+K
-66A+B
-6:6B/66B
-44K/[K]
-236 B
-236 A+B

I'm sure there's more that i'm forgetting.

What about 66A+B,K? It is positive on block, even though it can be ducked... People who aren't used to seeing this move wont duck it, Same with 22K. They both leave positive on block, I feel that I need to incorporate them into my game more...

What about 66A+B,K? It is positive on block, even though it can be ducked... People who aren't used to seeing this move wont duck it, Same with 22K. They both leave positive on block, I feel that I need to incorporate them into my game more...

22_88K leaves you at -9 and has weird hitboxes. It's really a gamble using it, because it might whiff or it might not. It only seems to consistently hit at close range; where it's too slow to really use(i27).

Sorry, for some reason I was under the impression that it was positive on block... I must have been confusing it with another move... Oh well, now at least I don't feel so bad about never using it. What's your opinion on 66A+B K?
Also, anyone wanna confirm my question about earlier? What maps do the "voldozer" work on, from first Counter Hit? is it just Ostrheinsburg Castle ~ Twilight, and Grand Labyrinth ~ Corridor of Suspended time or are there more?

Thanks so much for the feedback Enkindu! I probably would have never known that about 11BBB trick. I agree that 44 is a good move to throw in once in a while. It is just about "frame-trap" status when you follow it up with a 66. I have found, that if you condition your opponent to block low after random 44 you can throw out a 6A+K which leads to that launcher combo (something like 6A+K B+K 6A+K B_K) for pretty amazing damage. Unfortunately 6A+K is pretty unsafe :/

I had another question, and I really don't want to start another thread, considering how barren the Soul Arenas are nowadays, it would look weird :P

Maybe someone here can answer: His "voldozer" (CH 2A+B B+K 6A+K 66) seems to be good as a "WTF JUST HAPPENED" tool. On first attack, I have found that it can ring out on both Ostrheinsburg Castle ~ Twilight, and Grand Labyrinth ~ Corridor of Suspended time. Any others that you guys might know about. Also, what are voldo's best "opening moves" In your opinion, I would love to know :) Thanks

P.S. - Enkindu I loved your "Dancing with Voldo: A Love Story" video, it was recommended to me to improve my playing, and I have to say, I learned A LOT. Thanks so much for posting it.

MCHT 6A+K isn't so unsafe. You can sometimes beat out attacks with doing MCHT B+K right after. Or jump over lows like 2a and 2k by doing MCHT K. The thing I don't like about his MC attacks now are that they are easily stepped. Being just slightly to the left or right will make MCHT 66 whiff completely. This use to be one of his best moves. Also, the timing for MCHT A+B~G is pretty easy to get, its the time in between doing them over and over that make it a bad thing to do. I'll still do it sometimes just because you don't see any Voldo's trying it, and I like to be unique. But it can be caught on and interrupted pretty easily.

Voldo can track while in MC, but it's also very slow. I'd much rather whiff a 66 and be at a safe distance, than risk waiting for Voldo to line back up with the opponent after stepping. Just takes too uncomfortablly long.

I'm not really sure if stages make a difference with the Voldozer. I do know that you'll have more success if you, and the opponents grounded body, are perfectly lined up with the ledge. You can kinda tell if Voldozer will work by paying attention to how your opponent landed after getting hit by the 6A+K. If they stay straight, and slide back a bit, then you can Voldozer them. If they land sideways, and don't slide so much, then you'll mostly likely run past them and ring yourself out. Keep in mind though, that being straightly lined up with the edge is key here. Being at an angle pretty much kills Voldozer. At least this is in my experience. I haven't done much testing with it.

Thanks for the praise on the video. I just realized that I hadn't posted it in this section. That kinda needs to be done huh? I'm glad you heard about it through word of mouth, and I'm doubly glad that you found it useful. If you play online, I'd be glad to get some games in with you, and show you what I know.

Okay! Sounds great. My Gamertag is StrongerPhoenix as you can see. I just send you a request. I'm not sure i'm up for any games tonight. But I will definitely hit you up when we are both online. Again, Thanks for the great reply. :)

Sorry, for some reason I was under the impression that it was positive on block... I must have been confusing it with another move... Oh well, now at least I don't feel so bad about never using it. What's your opinion on 66A+B K?
Also, anyone wanna confirm my question about earlier? What maps do the "voldozer" work on, from first Counter Hit? is it just Ostrheinsburg Castle ~ Twilight, and Grand Labyrinth ~ Corridor of Suspended time or are there more?

66A+B, K is an okay mix-up tool, but if they duck it you're going to take damage. It's probably best not to use it very often. Also, even though it gives + frames on block, people will catch on to that after you beat out their BB or whatever. Once they know it gives advantage on block, they're not going to attack after it.

I agree with Paragon. Don't use 66A+B K ever. It's easily duckable and punishable. If you're looking for moves that give decent block frames go with 4A. It's neutral on block and recovers in BS. From there, I'll typically do BS 4AB, and hit-confirm for CH before doing the last B.

Yeah, Wow... I thought I was such a genius because I thought I discovered that "frame trap" :P

Back