Followup to 1[K]?

sirkibble2

[08] Mercenary
Are there any followups to 1[K]? It's a common move I use for to put the character on the ground but I'm not finding any followups for it. Are there any and if their aren't, should I scratch this move for mixups or is it still an okay choice?

LC A is a combo, LC A+K or LC K are a mixup... 1[K] is an unsafe transition on grd, it's only wise to actually go into Lizard-Crawl stance on a tech trap where 1K is garaunteed or if 1K hits grounded (in this case nothing combos)... Lizard-Crawl isn't very good, the only worthwhile move I would say is LC A+KB, point is to be able to do that move safely and get out of Crawl...

Okay. I see.
I just started using Lizardman and my roommate is playing ACII right now so I can't get to my game so how do I get into the Lizard Crawl from 1[K]?

You shift automatically when you do 1[K] actually. Maybe you're confusing it with 1K (the version where you don't hold K). If you use 1K then 1B will catch both backroll and grounded opponent and that's what I usually go for.

Oh so I'm probably not holding K then when I do it which is why I don't transition.

Once I've finished executing LC A combo if I've hit successfully, is there a safe way out without getting punished or is sort of a hope for the best after that? I only know to guard to get out of it but it seems like it would be rather unsafe.

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think you can be punished... has somebody punished you in that situation? If so - who and how?

Considering I haven't executed it yet, I have yet to be able to be punished. ^_^

However, I'm thinking once I hit someone with the LC A combo, they can tech and I'm still stuck in LC. Since LC isn't a very good stance to be in, I have two options: stay in LC stance or guard out of it. If I guard out of it, then I actually have quite a few frames before I'm able to actually block (right?).

If this isn't the case, then I guess I'm good then!

Back