Force Parry

Ooofmatic

World Warrior
Here's a thread dedicated to the Force Parry.

Benefits:

-Can be buffered against string attacks/no timing needed.
-Larger GI window (from frame 4 to 11).
-Larger JI window, more likely to impact throws and UB's.
-Very likely that you will do damage.

Drawbacks:

-Can not be used to re-GI.
-The hand motion (force) can be JI'd (more easily against a Force Parry JI).

Uses in combat:

3_6A+B:

-Leaves you in a good mixup position at +6.

3_6A+B~A:

-Leaves you at +15, so 1BA is guaranteed for good damage.
-Good mixup position.

3_6A+B~B:

-Good for when you run out of Force; it's less likely that the opponent will punish you after you land it.
-RO's and wallsplats.
-It looks cool. :P

One thing that I like about the Force Parry is that it can be buffered. That means that there is no timing needed to GI certain strings, and can be easily used against strings that can't normally be GI'd, or that can only be JI'd.

Here is a list of just some of the many strings that Vader can easily Force Parry. Some of them cannot be GI'd normally at all, and some are easy to GI normally, but the one thing common among all that are listed is that the Force Parry will always be a Just Impact, with no timing needed.

Algol

3AA
4B(on block)~A+B(non delay bubble will get JI'd lol)

Amy

236K,K
66B,A/66:B,A

Astaroth

214AAA (3rd hit)

Cassandra

236AB
B+KB

Ivy

CL A+B~A_A+K (2nd hit)

Kilik

AA
22_88AB
A+K

Lizardman

66B+KAB

Maxi

66A

Mitsurugi

A+B
MST KB

Raphael

A+BA (3rd hit)

Rock

214AAA_214A:A:A (3rd hit)

Setsuka

1AA_1A:A
1B:B
66BA
22_88BB
44AA

Seung Mi-na

AA
BB

Siegfried

BB

Sophitia

66B+KAB (2nd hit)

Talim

FC 3BB
A+K

Taki

AAB (3rd hit)
KKK (3rd hit)

The Apprentice

FC 8K:A

Voldo

6BB
4BA
2A+B~236K

Xianghua

1BB
33_99B (2nd hit)
A+B

Yoda

BB (tip rang only)
A+BB

Yoshimitsu

4KB

Yun-Seong

2B,K

Zasalamel

3AB
6AB

Good list OOF!..good thread topic too, also..

Xianghua's aab(of course only if they don't cancel into SXS) string the last hit can be force parried/GI'd/JI'd
Algol's 66b~a same thing..
Amy's 6bbb(last hit) can be force parried if you end up blocking the 1st 2 hits of the string...

though i would prefer to force parry these instead of the latter options but non the less they also can be done here too aside from force parry..

OOF, I haven't checked(tested) yet, but apprentice FC 8K:A JF, is it just the first opening hit that can be force parried or 2nd hit or both?..would be sickening if both!... would make for a great flashy light show effect and all the while gaining advantage!!

*EDIT .. wow just tested.. force parry can be done to BOTH hits of FC 8K:A JF string!!..lions, tigers and force parries..OH MY!!..also, hopefully the plan is to update the 1st post on a current bases with characters attacks/strings(including which string attack # it is) that can be force parried..its too good to be ignored!

*EDIT2..also a reminder of 2 things..1. that against apprentice FC 8K:a JF can be force parried ONLY with 6A+B not 3A+B...2. the 2nd hit of the string can also be ducked and punished with immediate response...so he's got another great option other than force parrying.

Haha. Force Parry is teh awesome. I remember when i play BentLeeT, it completely shut down his 214AAA JF and FORCED him (no pun intended) to play an entirely different game altogether.

Excellent thread Oof, had a question though about the buffered input, I don't entirely get the concept of how that works. I suppose its unlike a standard GI where timing is precise if it can be buffered, but just for clarification how does the input timing work?

JustKill: I don't plan on including strings such as X's AAB and Amy's 6BBB because those can be done easily with both regular GI and Force Parry. All the strings listed require precise timing if GI'd normally, and no timing if Force Parried. All of them cause the Force Parry to be a Just Impact, moves like X's AAB and Amy's 6BBB aren't like that. So the strings listed are all special cases.

I should have also mentioned that all the strings listed are to be parried on the 2nd hit unless otherwise noted.

spongebob: As of version 1.03 throws can only be just impacted.

XOmegaGold: By buffer I mean you input the Force Parry as you're recovering from the block stun of the first attack. You can try it with any of the examples in the first post. Block the first attack and parry the second and you will see that there is no timing necessary and it will always come out as a JI.

might as well add this in since it will save testing time and will help other realize it can be done...

Apprentice's FC8K:A JF can be done with force parry(6A+B version only)<- only if you choose to use force parry use this since 3A+B is void in this area... or GI which after testing a bit is fairly easy to do, and since it can be GI'd, that means you can also normal JI it with good timing, it almost seems the same timing , but i have been consistently GI'ing/JI'ing on and off for about an hour or so between the two... though the 2nd part of the string IS in fact a high..just thought i'd mention the last part there for the inquiring minds that want to know since its in the list.

EDIT.. taki's aab(last hit) can be force parried, GI'd and JI'd, same goes for her kkk(last hit) string

Yo oof I gotta find

Soph
B+K A B You can Gi the third hit pretty easily but the second hit can only be JI and vader has an easy time force parrying it. Though you may want to check it I checked it but its always good to double check

Juece, thanks that's just the type of string I'm talking about. The command is actually 66B+KAB. The same can be done to Lizardman's version of that move. I added them to the list.

JustKill, Taki's AAB and KKK were already in the list..

OOF, yea i know, just listed all the options available if reacting with any type of GI/repel/force GI/JI etc...

Also, OOF/Juece... Sophie's 66B+KAB string, the last 2 hits can be delayed so its not always a guaranteed force JI on the 2nd hit, i don't think its considered a "special case" attack string OOF, it's not always a force JI if its delayed .. and i'm sure if its missed, Vader's gettin' launched and possibly RO by her if at a 3 1/2 character distances away, she'll hit you with BT'd B+K to make sure you go out of the ring too.

JustKil, I consider 66B+KAB to be a special case while 66B+K*AB (delayed version) isn't. They need to be viewed as different moves because in a way, they are. Also if you try to Force Parry the second hit of 66B+K*AB and it whiffs due to the delay, you'll be able to block the B, so you won't take much damage.

that's cool if your separating it as a separate move.. but its still the same move, just delayed,.. though it has to be the non delayed to work , but yes in non delay case..it plays...though a Sophie player gets a mind game off of the delayed version and scout(between delay's) to see if you miss an attempt to force JI/or step last hit..which are the only options to do to her, just throwing that in there for good measure for when this situation presents itself...good to know info.

though if you whiff force parry too late, i thought it's a CH for launch...*goes to re-test* yup upon an attack, not repel/force parry.

I dont know most people wont see a JI coming off that string so you sure to land it once in a match and have them scared to use it. Making them play differently and giving you an edge for a round at least thats what I believe

Oh yeah OOF, i keep forgetting to mention this, but when you block Kilik's BP B, and he proceeds to go for 3kB, you can JI it with Force Parry even though it's guaranteed damage. Thought i should cotribute a lil bit even though i don't play anymore.

JustKill: The point that I was trying to get across was that the delayed version of the string has no relevance to the string being included in the list. The point of the list is to show which strings allow you to easily buffer Force JI. So the mindgames and mixup options such as delayed versions or string cancels don't need to be included. Also almost all the strings listed allow the opponent to have a mind game option. For example Rock can stop at 214AA and cause you to whiff a Force GI attempt on the third hit.

Megiddo: I knew that sounded to good to be true. I just tested it and it doesn't work. The 3KB is guaranteed no matter what. It must have been working for you because your opponent was doing it too late.

I understand OOF..trust me.. i just pointed out that the moves from that string are exactly the same as the non-delayed version..visually..see what i mean(pun intended)..hehe :) ..i guess i just blanked when you explained, i was seeing it in a more risk/reward ratio type of situation way.

Back