FSAK - Post Tournament Banter

Nightblade

is SUPERCHARGED!!
Alright, so hey guys.

I just basically wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone for coming to MA for FSAK. I was honestly worried. By 4:20 (lol) when we took that food break on Saturday, I honestly didn't think we'd get it done. I mean, this was a fucking 60-man Round Robin. To my knowledge, this has never even been attempted in any fighting game, ever. We did it, though. I'm not aware the time that everything was officially finished, but I know we got that shit done, and I want to thank everyone for bearing with us while we were trying to find a more efficient format than the pool system we had planned on. Nobody bitched or complained. Nobody got salty and left. Everybody fucking stuck it out, and I just wanna give HUGE props to this community - to Jaxel for setting up the stream - to Idlemind for setting this whole shit up - to GU for letting us pretty much own the place for the weekend, my fellow TO's, and of course to all the players. You guys were all awesome.

It's a shame we didn't have time for the Warble tournament. We'll just have to get that done at... FSAK 2!?!! ((Everyone should bug the shit out of Idle for this)) But yeah, since we know what works now, it only gets better from here. I said this already, but you guys are hardcore as fuck for getting that done. I've been in the tourney scene for 8 years, and I've never seen such a grind in my life. My only regret is that as a TO I myself couldn't enter. Hopefully there will be a next time, so I can. Thanks for the good time everybody! Apologies to everybody who was hoping for beer in the trunk of my car, haha. Hard liquor was all I could muster. :P

Now that I got that out of my system, post up all your post-tourney stories, be they salty or glorious.

Later guys!

right on Ryan, i hope Mikosu's handicam was accidentally taken and be returned to him not just cuz theres a shitload of matches on it but because its pretty fucked up when shit like this happens at tournaments...ie the guy that stole someones ps3 at game unicon not to mention the other piece of shit that closed game universe. id like to think that i can trust everyone in our community...

anyone remember seeing anything shady? i think it happened sunday evening 5-7 pmish (i guess)?

but yea everything else was mad fun i guess ill post more later, eeehhhh

goofus i really enjoyed watching your voldo dude. after watching you play him i might have to give him a try. good stuff

yeah good matches all around, can't wait to see some of the video's. Little sad Raphael's didn't make much of an impact...or Any Zas's, and from what I know, Tira's either....but still, Great matches all around.

wait what? mikosu lost his camcorder? ug.

well HUGE thanks to idle for putting this thing together. like stated above...by the eating break...i really saw no possible way for this thing to finish. somehow...they made it happen. never in my life have i been so tired for so long, lol. i remember sleeping in the corner and hearing the announcement that mick and SU were about to play...then hearing people get hype, and thinking to myself that i should really go watch but then flat out being unable to get up and go check it out.

i wish i would have stayed in the tourney. sleeping in that same spot, someone came and shook me and i woke up and was told..."hey you have to come play ____ now". i was like WTF there are 50 god damn people here to play him and i haven't gotten sleep in 3 days. anyway i got up...played...went straight back to my chair in the corner and passed back out immediately. fast forward 15 minutes and the same guy is shaking me again...telling me to de-sync my controller. right then and there i decided that i wouldn't finish.

highlights for the weekend for me include many many great cigarette conversations...4-5 trips to the same liquor store in one day...eating a cheeseburger made with two grilled cheese sandwiches, cheese meat and mayo...trying to land sophitia's infinite on the stream...meeting peeps i had yet to do and seeing old friends...drinking single malt scotch with no ice from a plastic cup in a parking lot...drinking four loco...drinking more four loco...waking up to more four loco...ordering "one of each" from mcdonalds' new angus menu and then throwing then all away in front of the manager because they were shit.

last night i went to cambridge house brewery and had what very well may be the best IPA i have ever tasted. this morning i made crepes with some DANK maple syrup and some local produce.

awesome.

First, everyone needs to give props to the following:

HackerMike who was up at 5AM sunday morning entering results into the bracket

Alicia who was entering results all day long.

IdleMind who will soon weigh 95lbs from all the running around he was doing and giving the direction that got this shit done.

And for the rest of you - You guys were all amazing and reminded me why I stick around here whether I'm playing the game or not. I don't think I met one person that I couldn't feel their joy at being at this. It really felt like damn near everyone meshed wonderfully and it was one of best things I've experienced here to meet so many people at once that only existed to me as words on the internet before this. I'm completely floored by everybody's enthusiasm and dedication to getting this tournament done. This community despite its flaws is without a doubt the best fighting game community there is. I'm really hoping now that since so many people here can now put faces and personalities to the posts in forums and the lines in javachat that our communication and understanding of each other will improve immensely and put an end to some if not all of the bullshit on this site.

The fact that this tournament happened and was finished is nothing short of extraordinary and my hat is off to every single one of you 8wayrun. Indeed when we work together we can accomplish so much more

ugh I hope miko finds that camcorder he took a pic of me and gazer I want!

thanks to idlemind for putting this together and letting me sleep on his floor
thanks to hacker for running this
thanks to Alica for entering results
thanks to jian who let me crash in his room
thanks to jaxel for the stream
thanks to nightblade for the scotch
thanks to gazer for being awesome(best hug ever!)
thanks to thuggish for those bomb ass SC3 matches

highlights include: "the kick"-LOVE you ARU! you had me dying "I CANT EVEN DUCK THE KICK"
drunk xeph- "you play algol who the fuck are you"
my matches with hates- God you are good at this game
idleminds reaction to me buying arcana heart
NECRID 22AB
P.S. Something unique I told you I would shit talk you to your face

Shout outs to Jian for the hotel room and for taking me to the casuals the last few weeks, IdleMind for organizing this shit, and to the five people that gave me wins, making me feel less like an out-of-his-league scrub. Very impressed we got so much done, but a little disappointed so many people dropped out. Had we more time, I would have liked to play some more of you.

i haven't gotten sleep in 3 days.

I find this funny. How come so many people got so little sleep over the weekend? I remember going back to the hotel Saturday night after getting tired of 12-14 hours of Calibur so I can get some sleep, then after I settle in to bed, a shitton of people come back to the hotel room to... play more Calibur... Lol. Srsly doodz?

All I wanted to do was play Calibur too. I did not get enough games in. How often are you going to get so many people in one place?

GGs to everybody I played. It was really great to see so many old friends, and meet new people. Sorry I didn't stay for Sunday and for my money matches--just had to get back home.

Lobo--thanks for the cigarettes and the four loko and the SC2 matches. definitely had fun hanging out with you. ask old school SC2 players about X_SC2's ivy! there's no denying Link's ivy is great, but andrew's measures up.
Bubbles--I'm trash, but the matches with you were probably some of the best I had all night.
Final fantasy hair dude (Gazerock?)--didn't get to play you; wish i had. yer piano's top tier, though.
dully--hope you enjoyed the mitsu VC.
SU--great to meet you, GGs.
Hates--grad student shop talk at a calibur tournament is surreal and awesome.
Jer--great to finally meet you. Sorry i'm such a noob at this game. Sorry we never got to do our MM. maybe some other time?
Krit--hope you get to get out of memphis soon.

Last but definitely not least:

Tim, Jay, Chris, Phil, Delnar, Ramon, Serge--you guys are made of win. it's been too long. any time any of you find yourselves in MA, you've got a couch to crash on in cambridge if you need it.

This tournament was awesome I really cant say enough. Anyone who played all their matches deserves a metal because that was exhausting. I was originally intending to not play again till SC5 but this tournament has changed my mind. First of all we don't even know if we'll get the sequel and second of all this game is just too awesome to not play. I really want to sit down and try to learn the game from the ground up, learn how to deal with all the characters and see how well I can do.

Props to everyone who made the event possible. We should compile everything photos maybe some match highlights, and anything else and someone should do a brief right up just to show Namco the love that still exists for the game. Big gaming events make game publishers happy so this could help in our efforts.

There's still more I want to say but I'll post that when I have a little more time.

Props to everyone who made the event possible. We should compile everything photos maybe some match highlights, and anything else and someone should do a brief right up just to show Namco the love that still exists for the game. Big gaming events make game publishers happy so this could help in our efforts.

Well said.

First, everyone needs to give props to the following:

HackerMike who was up at 5AM sunday morning entering results into the bracket

Alicia who was entering results all day long.

IdleMind who will soon weigh 95lbs from all the running around he was doing and giving the direction that got this shit done.

And for the rest of you - You guys were all amazing and reminded me why I stick around here whether I'm playing the game or not. I don't think I met one person that I couldn't feel their joy at being at this. It really felt like damn near everyone meshed wonderfully and it was one of best things I've experienced here to meet so many people at once that only existed to me as words on the internet before this. I'm completely floored by everybody's enthusiasm and dedication to getting this tournament done. This community despite its flaws is without a doubt the best fighting game community there is. I'm really hoping now that since so many people here can now put faces and personalities to the posts in forums and the lines in javachat that our communication and understanding of each other will improve immensely and put an end to some if not all of the bullshit on this site.

The fact that this tournament happened and was finished is nothing short of extraordinary and my hat is off to every single one of you 8wayrun. Indeed when we work together we can accomplish so much more

Agreed 100%. I couldn't have said it better myself. This experience was beautiful and well worth the trip.

I did this in Flash chat about an hr ago, but i will do it again since its most appropriate place...

Idle/Alicia/Hacker...and of course all the TO's well done ladies and gents...this time around it was everyone and their grandma's that showed up!!!

We also need an official match/props thread, i see a few offshoots of that particular thread, but not "official" thread for props...if not done some time today( i am gonna guess everyone is still in the midst of returning home) I'll get at that so everyone that got some shouts/props has an official thread to do so....

Again, thanks everyone for making it out to FSAK, oh and Idle...i hope your head is still intact from all the shenanigan's(and a couple bumps in the road) but all in all...i think mine would have spun off into the sunset by now...lol... great Job keeping this event in check with everything, thank you again.

Back