Future Balancing Prospects for Ezio?

Flyswatter

[08] Mercenary
It was nice that Ezio got some minor buffs in the first patch fixing the obvious bugs. However imho it still seems that he would be on the lower end of mid-tier at best with the way he currently stands.

So what do you guys think, what lies in store for our italian friend?

Honestly i yet like Ezio as it is, specially after-patch

But if PS want again throw good stuff at me, my Santa Claus list is here, anything from it will be welcome

-any decent NH stun move to start shit. Actual ones 11A and 66A+B, both are lol stuff
-B+G get decent forward RO ability
-faster 1K
-turned back B+K get faster, i can pay speed with range loss if needed :D
-lil more range on 22/88B
-maybe more recovery after B+G, to be able to add shit in case of B+G w! (but not in normal version,i wish it throw peoples more far,see teh forward-RO point above)

But again i like Ezio as it is, if not 2nd good patch arrive i'm fine anyway

He has problems, mainly against pokers and people that play really safe as he doesn't have anything outside 6B wich is i15, hits high, and has some allignment issues.

I want more AA/BB consistency still. I still whiff these moves way too much. The 2nd hits need to have bigger hitboxes OR the first hit must have less pushback. It just looks really bad when BB BE misses due to 2nd hit whiff.

AA is'nt that bad

But yes, even post-patch BB can still make me insulting gods, i'm on teh "less pushback please" boat

I would like it if 11_77 A would be 100% safe on block, and perhaps 1K to launch higher on Counter-Hit (since he is a CH character)

Perhaps B+G throw should have a greater RO ability/wall-splat ability

To be honest, I'm not really sure on how to "balance" Ezio without making him overpowered...

If he were to get a useful buff, I would say to give him a new move where he auto-GI's you and when he successfully impacts, he would do his 3B AT move.

I would like it if 11_77 A would be 100% safe on block, and perhaps 1K to launch higher on Counter-Hit (since he is a CH character)

Perhaps B+G throw should have a greater RO ability/wall-splat ability

To be honest, I'm not really sure on how to "balance" Ezio without making him overpowered...

If he were to get a useful buff, I would say to give him a new move where he auto-GI's you and when he successfully impacts, he would do his 3B AT move.

11_77A is a bit too unsafe for my liking. Since I love that move so much, that is going with my AA/BB hitbox change request list. Yes, he is a slow character, but he still does decently well due to the damage. I call him the poor-man's cervantes, which is where he should stay due to his easier learning curve.

The buff/nerf that probably needs to happen is 44A. Right now, the move looks high, registers as mid, but can be tech crouched as if it were a high. If you're looking for an auto-gi move or a move that is safer for anti-step aside from 66A, this would be the move to tweak. You can even make it a high as a trade-off in return for making it stun on normal hit or recover faster.

If we could have anything?

Faster 11k since I have a hard time forcing people to crouch without spamming throws

2k not pushing Ezio back

B+G having less recovery would be nice. Also it being able to actually RO would be even better

Slightly better back step.

Mainly the whole B+G and 11k

Faster 11k since I have a hard time forcing people to crouch without spamming throws

To use dat 1K->6B be ,right? :D

I like use 2K (usually twice) and 1A when they just started wake up after a knockdown
Or sometimes i just tap quick 2G, they crouch as reaction and i go straight to teh 1K
Similar work well when you just dodged a throw attempt with 2G and they crouch thinking you're going to reply with a throw

To use dat 1K->6B be ,right? :D

I like use 2K (usually twice) and 1A when they just started wake up after a knockdown
Or sometimes i just tap quick 2G, they crouch as reaction and i go straight to teh 1K
Similar work well when you just dodged a throw attempt with 2G and they crouch thinking you're going to reply with a throw

Honestly I'm a huge fan of 1k, 4AB seeing as it just looks cool but if I feel like burning meter than yeah I go for that BE.

I found a good way to screw with be is to bG as it looks like you're either going for 3B or BB or a throw. It is my favorite feint and it really messes with people who are just standing there.

btw to be clear
I'm just a decent player, i'm not tournament material, i'm sure a real good player can give at me the same beating i put on casuals/average peoples :D

I will be curious to read some pro say what Ezio really need (that surely will be different from my herp derp opinion :D )

To be honest, I picked him up last night, and I'm already keeping up with people I have trouble with on a lot of characters. (Playing Xeph/Heaton right now)

Ezio doesn't need anything IMO. Maybe a bit more consistency in BB, but that's it. Otherwise, he has an 80 damage BB for god's sake. AN 80 DAMAGE BB. That is ridiculously strong.

And b+kG is amazing. He can cancel at lightspeed.

To be honest, I picked him up last night, and I'm already keeping up with people I have trouble with on a lot of characters. (Playing Xeph/Heaton right now)

Ezio doesn't need anything IMO. Maybe a bit more consistency in BB, but that's it. Otherwise, he has an 80 damage BB for god's sake. AN 80 DAMAGE BB. That is ridiculously strong.

And b+kG is amazing. He can cancel at lightspeed.

Yeah, like I said, he isn't "bad." He's just not good either. AA/BB missing so much really is my biggest complaint, as those moves fill a big hole in his game, and having them miss on HIT is just awful. BB isn't really 80 damage guaranteed, but it's still a good move when it doesn't whiff.

Yeah,dat BB is a monster option :D
ps: yeah noticed the B+K cancel too,it work quick also with throw imputs :D

BB isn't really 80 damage guaranteed, but it's still a good move when it doesn't whiff.
He almost surely mean the BB be version + something

BB be is 68 dmg alone if i remember correct,and is easy to connect as the normal BB

Maybe BBbe->2K?
I don't think/know/remember if is guaranteed combo, but from what i've seen after it dat 2k hit never fail :D

Make Ezio's B grab ring people out. It seems to only ring people out as a finishing move.

For an unblockable that hits HIGH, comes out in around 60 frames, no tracking (but cancellable) should do more than 60 damage.

- I propose for it to do around 180 damage, on CH do 100% life or

- Let it do the same amount of damage, but let it be like Vader's UB where it comes out fast as hell, while having the cancel like Vader where he takes a step forward.

For an unblockable that hits HIGH, comes out in around 60 frames, no tracking (but cancellable) should do more than 60 damage.

- I propose for it to do around 180 damage, on CH do 100% life or

- Let it do the same amount of damage, but let it be like Vader's UB where it comes out fast as hell, while having the cancel like Vader where he takes a step forward.

It doesn't make sense for him to move forward though. I would honestly prefer if it would have a quick back dash seeing as back dash is extremely powerful and Ezio does so much better at mid range than in close.

Back