Future Balancing Prospects for Ezio?

Im happy with Ezio, my only gripe is how 3B CH doesn't have ANY RO power. That would be the most insulting way to end a round, be at like 10 hp with the enemy on the edge of the ring, pull off a 3B CH, and gently shove them out of the ring while quietly saying "Fool."

I remember the first time I landed CH 3B near the ring edge that I was floooored they didn't make that RO. I'm wondering if there was some sort of hitbox issue where the ring couldn't figure out if they were in or not (classic cause of many RO-specific glitches in all calibur games) and the development team just couldn't figure it out in time for release.

That's an assumption on my part obviously, but it just "feels" like something that was meant to RO.

I always thought that 3B > 6K2 was a combo, unfortunately, you can press guard. It would've been nice if that was an actual combo though.

Sigh, I still would like if he got a bunch of better stuff on NH. 4B being unsafe as hell; 3B having shitty properties for a stun move on NH (only 2K combos, wtf?); 4AB not hitting sometimes off a 1K launcher; 11A being ass for such crap damage and not to mention slow; 66A+B being rather slow (why is it not i27? or more +frames on hit), B+G have better RO opportunities; 66A,B be hit-confirmable; 6ABB be more delay-able or be MID.

These are just some of the many things that can be implemented as slight buffs to Ezio, that will make him slightly better (I don't mean having all these buffs, that'll make him silly).

Certain times when you land it as a CH at the last moment, it hasn't been hit-confirmable (for me at least). Good for you for getting it all the time.

I've just reached my 4000th win with Ezio ^_^ and here is my feedback.

1k should be faster

b+k ....although it won't happen, I wish it was like Darth vader where he had 2 fire attacks; one that you can crouch down and duck and one that takes slightly longer but hits low. ~ I can dream ~

a+b should be a stance that you roll the analog stick forward like patroklos has, you know down + down-diagonal + forward.... this way after the roll, you could have some stance options like being able to slice the opponents feet with your knife, the normal crossbow attack it already has, or some kind of floor kick? Either way this move taking up the a+b button controls seems wasteful.

Ezio is a ch char, extremely defensive game style, and here's the kicker. I have to use up some of my meter to guard impact? And we are talking about Ezio here, one of the characters who relies on his meter the most. They seriously they need to move his current a+b to a stance and then replace it with an autoGI. Preferably one like Cervanteus where he fires a quick gun shot with some pretty epic RO abilities. Darth vader had one, surely our little Italian friend deserves one.

I think its b+g, the one grab where Ezio kinda picks them up and chucks them while it looks to be a ring out 98% of the time it isn't. Very frustrating....how many matches I could've won if this stupid grab actually worked.

His 4b lunge back sword ch, my main concern is that it should slightly hit a little vertical instead of full on horizontal, catch those side steppers off guard a little. Secondly...although it's already a good ch, would it really hurt if, if you happen to miss the timing (while still impaled with the sword) if ezio could do one of those brave edge type grabs for some nice additional damage?

3b deserves some nicer knock-back in my opinion. And is it me or does Ezio just plain out have some Ring Out issues? I swear out of all the games I've played, I've probably landed a Critical Edge more times then I got a RO.

It would be pretty epic if 2b could actually knock your opponent to the floor. But again that's just wishful thinking.

6b+be should still fire down one crossbow on guard.

Lastly, 66a,2b seems to have a consistency problem...well either that or the frame timing is so small i just miss it to much.

:6::k-small::2: - Make the move safe please
:1::B::B::B: to stun everytime
:B+K: to guard impact or at least damage impoved
:1::A: faster
:6::6::B::B: damage improved

and of course he needs more ring out moves

22K has whiffed numerous times on me against Leixia and Viola.

4B fails me most of the time vs Leixia and Natsu (even on the CH)

BB still whiffs like hell when I attempt the BE extension on a crouching opponent or a slightly off axis opponent.

I wished his 1A did more damage (it's complete ass); also hope 66A+B would be slightly faster (perhaps i28?)

Make his arrows unblockable, 10 frames and track in all directions.

If they did that I would main him again in a heartbeat.

Small question: Is there even ever going to be a patch 1.04?

And if there is one is there a set date or something?

Surely they are not going to leave pyrrah + natsu + mitsu + viola + a pat, the (I don't know weather to say broken or extremely OP) bs that they are? They all need tweaks and nerfs on certain things.

I like astroth though, he can be quite a challenge but nonetheless, still kill able.

Ezio = Main FTW!!!

Small question: Is there even ever going to be a patch 1.04?

And if there is one is there a set date or something?

Surely they are not going to leave pyrrah + natsu + mitsu + viola + a pat, the (I don't know weather to say broken or extremely OP) bs that they are? They all need tweaks and nerfs on certain things.

I like astroth though, he can be quite a challenge but nonetheless, still kill able.

Ezio = Main FTW!!!
I don't think there will be a patch 1.04...I could be wrong tho :/ there isn't any indication that another patch is coming either...meaning the game might stay as it is. Which would just...SUCK! As the chars u mentioned I don't think there broken they just all have some B.S. tool that makes them very annoying

Wow that's sad ):,so in a nutshell I have to deal with Natsu's ridiculous stun combo + nightmares half hp bar wall combos, a pats nonsense never ending floor attacks, and this means that poor little Ezio will never get a much deserved boost in overall moveset to actually send him up to the A tier zone.

Looks like a good time to switch to cervanteus.

Wow that's sad ):,so in a nutshell I have to deal with Natsu's ridiculous stun combo + nightmares half hp bar wall combos, a pats nonsense never ending floor attacks, and this means that poor little Ezio will never get a much deserved boost in overall moveset to actually send him up to the A tier zone.

Looks like a good time to switch to cervanteus.
I dunno why u want ezio A tier status...its not like he is the worst nor strongest char in the game. If u want him to get buffs then only minor ones should do (like 44B) or he could stay the way he is which is fine with me. Listen...chars like zwei, raph and damp can certainly compete, the problem is the top 10 chars in this game are a bit overwhelming for them...personally I think all top 10 chars should get some kind of nerf but thats just me, and most likely it won't happen. Well if no patch comes just gonna have to deal with it and just play the game.

Fix clipping issues with the first hit of both 22/88AA and 66BB. Give ANYTHING GI properties, the A+B moves seem like great candidates for this. Personally, I'd like to see the crossbow become a hair safer, is -25 enough?

Back