Future Balancing Prospects for Ezio?

I'd still say more damage for his launcher, more safety on the stomp on HIT, and faster recovery on the stomp on CH for a combo, and more damage on 3B NH and 2K.

Fix whiffing issues vs females (especially 4B on CH and BB BE)

MAKE THE ROLL an ACTUAL COMMAND that's cancellable from basically most normals.

After playing against some solid competition offline at locals and at EVO I guess I can toss around some input on how I think Ezio can be improved.

22/88A Make it so it catches ALL step.
3A make it a few frames faster and give it TC properties
66A make it i20
Fix the BB whiffing issues. I'm tired of JG moves and then BB whiffing and then getting punished hard.

After playing against some solid competition offline at locals and at EVO I guess I can toss around some input on how I think Ezio can be improved.

22/88A Make it so it catches ALL step.
3A make it a few frames faster and give it TC properties
66A make it i20
Fix the BB whiffing issues. I'm tired of JG moves and then BB whiffing and then getting punished hard.
Hey what about ezio's 44B and more options from roll? I think ezio is solid but he could be a lil bit better tho. I win alot with ezio online because so many people underestimate him and the scrubs rage when I spam crossbows at them.

Hey what about ezio's 44B and more options from roll? I think ezio is solid but he could be a lil bit better tho. I win alot with ezio online because so many people underestimate him and the scrubs rage when I spam crossbows at them.

44B is fine in my opinion the only thing that would make it better would be if it was a tad bit faster maybe i25 but then again that may be to good.

With his roll I would love if he could roll backwards or if it was like Natsu's roll stance. The thing I don't like about it is that when you roll to evade an attack, if you follow up with the low bolt it sometimes whiffs and you eat a lot of damage.

0: so no one thinks Ezio should get a GI or several GI's?

Maybe I'm just a GI enthusiast. Darth Vader was my SCIV main, and I guess I was so used to GI as a defense mechanism I became to dependent on it when this game came out. Cervy doesn't do the job for me. I might have to take up Patroklos, his GI catches everything like a boss.

Patch 1.04 hopefully beefs ezio/zwie/damp.

I said once to give Ezio some aGI moves, like A+B, 3A, 4B, 44A, 22A, 22B and have an attack throw come out on GI, but have a different effect on CH.

I've been wondering, why did they remove the GI mechanic soul calibur 4 had? It was so thrilling when you landed it.

And yes Ezio should have a nice aGI like cervy, although since ezio is weaker down the tier list his GI should catch all verticals and horizontals. It should also have amazing RO capabilities also.

Finally, I feel they need to get back to ezio's roots. Eagle Vision/Eagle sense could've done something cool like maybe, gave him a damage buffer for a few seconds, or even auto Just Guard the next attack on him.....He was also able to use throwing knives, would've made for a nice aGI, also ezio had some pretty godly jumping abilities in his day....where did those abilities vanish off too? An incredibly fast long jump slash, kinda like voldos crouch fire attack, could've been a nice addition.

Also why not make some new DLC content and bring Connor from the new AC3 game? Connor Kenway(The new assassin) would've been nice to play as. Tomahawks , pistols, bow, rifle, and who could forget his rope dart lol.

Seriously if Yoda can be a character.....anyone can.

And yes Ezio should have a nice aGI like cervy, although since ezio is weaker down the tier list his GI should catch all verticals and horizontals. It should also have amazing RO capabilities also.

Finally, I feel they need to get back to ezio's roots. Eagle Vision/Eagle sense could've done something cool like maybe, gave him a damage buffer for a few seconds, or even auto Just Guard the next attack on him.....He was also able to use throwing knives, would've made for a nice aGI, also ezio had some pretty godly jumping abilities in his day....where did those abilities vanish off too? An incredibly fast long jump slash, kinda like voldos crouch fire attack, could've been a nice addition.

I like the idea of having an aGI involving his knives, hell even using the smoke bomb would be pretty cool. About him not jumping, his 66A+B has him leaping in the air and lunging pretty far.

At this point I'll take anything they can add to ezio.

btw juece fought u online, ezio vs ezio I won, but it was a bit laggy...still a good game.

Dude that wasn't a good game. It was a horrible 1bar and I couldn't do anything I couldn't even CE or punish your unsafe shit.

Why I dropped Ezio and went on to Patroklos:

He's a generally slow character, and making a decent combo let alone a wall combo will be hard.
He seemed to have an extreme problem getting a ring out.
He is incredibly meter dependent, deciding between a GI or a CE could mean life or death in later rounds.
He just plain out lacks stances, meaning you have limited tricks up your sleeve.
His only fire attack is so slow, yoshimitsu could recover a full health bar before it hit's lol...at least you can cancel it though.
Finally if someone knows how to Just Guard your moves, you are in some deep trouble.

But the main turning point for me was the Ring Out problem, while he does have a few, majority of them are quite slow and you will eat some harsh damage or even a counter ringout because of it.

But don't let this discourage you from playing him, he's great fun to play as, and you'll actually feel pretty accomplished when winning with him.

I don't think that Ezio is bad at all, he's not the best either, but in order to be good with him, you have to have a solid understanding of the fighting game fundamentals.

Why I dropped Ezio and went on to Patroklos:

He's a generally slow character, and making a decent combo let alone a wall combo will be hard.
He seemed to have an extreme problem getting a ring out.
He is incredibly meter dependent, deciding between a GI or a CE could mean life or death in later rounds.
He just plain out lacks stances, meaning you have limited tricks up your sleeve.
His only fire attack is so slow, yoshimitsu could recover a full health bar before it hit's lol...at least you can cancel it though.
Finally if someone knows how to Just Guard your moves, you are in some deep trouble.

He isn't slow.
He isn't built around getting ring outs
CE is for punishing, GI is for obvious strings and even then you can just JG. Unless you're against viola...
Why would he need stances? He's a counter hit and whiff punishing character
Why would you care about his UB?No one uses UB's because they are all incredibly unsafe and have a long start up
Most high level player can JG but you shouldn't be finishing strings unless you actually hit someone. If you want to talk about being in trouble if your opponent can JG, then be glad you aren't using Hilde.

The problem is you were using Ezio wrong if you're trying to go for RO's and abusing UB's

The way that 1san describes Ezio's "problems" actually sounds more like Natsu online scrub playstyle.

- Fast and abusive ONLINE
- Not meter dependent (most of the time)
- She has stances (online tricks)
- unblockable bomb/ regular bombs (hence the FIRE)
- Everyone gets screwed if you can JG most obvious strings 100% of the time (aka: you're Woahzz or Ramon)

Reposting in this thread because of intense boredom. After my extended use of the character, these would be the changes I would implement.

AA - Higher chance for the second A to hit if the first connects. i12 throughout the entire hitbox.
3A - Go from -2 on block to 0.
1A - Go from -16 on block to -14.
BB BE - Continue to fix whiffing issues.
3B - Make the impact speed 100% consistent regardless of hit level. It is i18 on crouching opponents.
4B - Less chance to succumb to whiffing issues.
Jump B - Go from -14 on block to -13.
2K - On frames 8-30, make Ezio glitch in the animus and therefore goes under any attack in the game.
22/88A - No more clipping issues, increase hitbox.
66BB BE - Fix the whiffing issues on the third hit on certain characters
6B+K - Make it so Mitsu can't backstep the bolt anymore.

Reposting in this thread because of intense boredom. After my extended use of the character, these would be the changes I would implement.

AA - Higher chance for the second A to hit if the first connects. i12 throughout the entire hitbox.
3A - Go from -2 on block to 0.
1A - Go from -16 on block to -14.
BB BE - Continue to fix whiffing issues.
3B - Make the impact speed 100% consistent regardless of hit level. It is i18 on crouching opponents.
4B - Less chance to succumb to whiffing issues.
Jump B - Go from -14 on block to -13.
2K - On frames 8-30, make Ezio glitch in the animus and therefore goes under any attack in the game.
22/88A - No more clipping issues, increase hitbox.
66BB BE - Fix the whiffing issues on the third hit on certain characters
6B+K - Make it so Mitsu can't backstep the bolt anymore.
I Agree but not on 3A, 1A, or 9B. You already have a strong neutral game as is and not to mention 2K is -1 on hit giving you good options off that. All lows are stab punishable except my character. 9B gives too good damage and great oki to be -13. Other than that fix the glitches for everyone.

Back