= Gatsu's Official Temple of teh Random CaS Stuff =

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donovan may help with my monk CAS. Also, well done on these other CAS...though I'm pretty sure you get the same compliment over and over haha.

Professional work as always lol. I like the concept of your cleopatra and this princess ( kinda feel, like I saw her before)
The way u created that atlantic warrior is genious too!

Devilman - aka "trying to give sense to dat fuck DJ moveset waste of slot/style".
It naturally fit, since Kazuya/Devil Kazuya himself was an obvious wannabe Devilman, and Jin is poor men's Kazuya :D
3 gadget limit is the true bitch in this recreation(the choice for the third was between the red thing on forehead or the devil tail on teh ass).
Ingame look nice, but still i prefer Ogre (even if Devilman is actual more fitting DJ style,specially during specials), so i believe this one is'nt going last long :D
deviljb.png

Sir Leofrick aka Legendary Douchebag Knight- i was working at a Clockwork Knight recreation, but i end up develop an original character. The point here was more than anything experiment the tengu mask as a real face,with glasses covering the only clearly fake part (eyes)
knightw.png

Donovan fixed- just because that undershirt was so pathethic that i had to show the fix :D
don2g.png

It's crazy how tastes change person to person, even counting only my original characters (so no recreations/alt costumes for officials) Leofrick will probably be very lucky if he can get the 9th or last place in my own top ten... it was started more than else as "tech demo" to see if dat mask can be used as face :D
But is a classic of designer's job you bring to the client with 5-6 options with just one or two that in your mind are the best, and he chose the last you expect, maybe even one you have done quickly just to "do number" :D

Agreed, Sir leofrick is really awesome Oo ( Tengu becomes roman Knight/ warrior xD)
This was kinda a problem,actually i wanted stay away from gold-red but i really wanted that shield (wich being 2p can't be recolored) wich don't let you go too far from it :D

Woo, quantity AND quality!
1. Donovan - Again, never played the game, but awesome nevertheless. I don't know if I got it right, but he looks Indian.

2. Drum Golem - Very interesting robot. First time seeing those drums used tastefully.

3. Antony - In retrospect, my version was rather soldierly. Yours is certainly much more of a playboy. I also considered using a laurel wreath, but I didn't like how it rested on the head like a visor. I also tried to replace the wreath with a set of chains, but it ended up looking too much Jesus's crown of thorns (though I'm gonna try it on an original). I really like what you did with his cape. White capes really signify douche bag like nothing else. It was also clever using that belt to simulate the roman skirt.

4. Cleo - I know I have a strong bias in favor of female CaS, but Cleo's definitely my favorite! Her headpiece is both beautiful and authentic (looking). I also like how you tied those free-floating shoulder pads to the rest of the outfit with the snakes. The only thing I would change is lower the muscle tone to something more queen-like and give her some hips to amp up the sex appeal.

5. Fish Dude - Awesome stuff! The sticker work on the chest is pretty damn creative. Very Atlantean.

6. Solange - That crown's really kawaii. You usually avoid anime tropes like the plague (unlike me :P), but apparently you're just as good at the stuff you hate.

7. Devilman - Demonic was never my specialty, but I certainly wouldn't want to find him under my bed.

8. Leofrick - Clever, hiding the eyes behind the goggles. Still, his face just doesn't seem to fit the heroic red/gold trope. The first thing that comes to my mind is Don Quixote, so I'd give him rustier, derpier armor.

Woo, quantity AND quality!
1. Donovan - Again, never played the game, but awesome nevertheless. I don't know if I got it right, but he looks Indian.

2. Drum Golem - Very interesting robot. First time seeing those drums used tastefully.

3. Antony - In retrospect, my version was rather soldierly. Yours is certainly much more of a playboy. I also considered using a laurel wreath, but I didn't like how it rested on the head like a visor. I also tried to replace the wreath with a set of chains, but it ended up looking too much Jesus's crown of thorns (though I'm gonna try it on an original). I really like what you did with his cape. White capes really signify douche bag like nothing else. It was also clever using that belt to simulate the roman skirt.

4. Cleo - I know I have a strong bias in favor of female CaS, but Cleo's definitely my favorite! Her headpiece is both beautiful and authentic (looking). I also like how you tied those free-floating shoulder pads to the rest of the outfit with the snakes. The only thing I would change is lower the muscle tone to something more queen-like and give her some hips to amp up the sex appeal.

5. Fish Dude - Awesome stuff! The sticker work on the chest is pretty damn creative. Very Atlantean.

6. Solange - That crown's really kawaii. You usually avoid anime tropes like the plague (unlike me :P), but apparently you're just as good at the stuff you hate.

7. Devilman - Demonic was never my specialty, but I certainly wouldn't want to find him under my bed.

8. Leofrick - Clever, hiding the eyes behind the goggles. Still, his face just doesn't seem to fit the heroic red/gold trope. The first thing that comes to my mind is Don Quixote, so I'd give him rustier, derpier armor.

1- Yeah, i think you kinda got it. Capcom given to that caucasian (Scottish? Donovan is a scottish name iirc) vampire/demon hunter a mix of cultures, with tibet/india being probably the best candidates

2- the fun part of it ingame is that is incredible tall, if you give it Alpha Pat style his "face" is over the lifebar :D

3- i've done a mix between basic cool looking roman character and twisted it giving a touch of Commodus from The Gladiator
http://historicalhistrionics.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/commodus-is-bored.jpg[/spoiler]
when is about being asshole few can surpass him :D
But i keep it powerful and physical, i try to take from Commodus just the asshole charisma :D

4- You spotted it, until last second muscle mass was unsure. but i end up using a relatively high tone to keep the shiny shader on the skin

6- i don't hate anime,on the contrary i love anime waaay more than western stuff, specially if is for SC :D
I just give attention to don't push too hard on the anime button because if i "over do" the character go to far and out of SC style.... basically in every creation i usually "limit" myself to stay into SC's format (colors,proportion,historic reference,animeish touch and other shitz that together compose the art style of SC)

8- Yeah, again, i'm not satisfied with the gold-red color scheme... gold is ok imho, because kepp some over ridicolous tone but add the red suggest roman badassness.
At begin was supposed to wear classic frenchy colours (wich as stereotype was fitting: immagine it with pompous french name, french "R" and cliche aristocratic arrogance), so silver-gray armour and blue feather/cloth

Problems: stache and eyebrows was supposed to be full white but horns(stache) does'nt go over a dirty light gray, and gray stache with silverish armour kinda kill each other,too similar
Then i've try go for flashy reddish blonde to give a scheme like Clockwork Knight 2p
http://www.gamesasylum.com/wp-content/uploads/ClockworkKnight.jpg[/spoiler]
But again horns does'nt go enough saturated as colour.
Add that my chosen weapon (red-gold) is impossible to edit and i'm basicallly end up forced using gold-red :D
Well at least remind Clockwork Knight 1p i suppose :D

I legitimately feel sad that this game won't be getting anymore DLC. Not only for the fact that I won't get to use it... but for the fact that my days of fanboying over Gatsu's work will soon come to an end. Gatsu is the undisputed Emperor of CaS here on 8wr.

I even underlined that title, so ya'll know it's legit.

I legitimately feel sad that this game won't be getting anymore DLC. Not only for the fact that I won't get to use it... but for the fact that my days of fanboying over Gatsu's work will soon come to an end. Gatsu is the undisputed Emperor of CaS here on 8wr.

I even underlined that title, so ya'll know it's legit.

Well, let's watch the positive side... even if the bullshit namco marketing did'nt given us dat 2nd wave of DLC (i wanted so bad the rest of official pieces), maybe it mean they will start sooner work on SC6
Well, let's hope so

small update:

SOKI from Onimusha DoD
sokr.png

A really clever Idea to use these wings as part of his chest armor! I remembered him just by looking at the pic nice work.

About your Idea... well, I agree that too many pages are complicated (especially if u search for a certain one). That's why I whould say yeah do it (if u like to).

Find an image hosting site and set them up on there, with links in the first page and your signature.

Having two threads is an ok idea, but this is you. Those threads will constantly get bumped up, so they'll never be off the front page, making it a lot harder for less talented makers to get their stuff seen.

Just my two pence.

Find an image hosting site and set them up on there, with links in the first page and your signature.

Having two threads is an ok idea, but this is you. Those threads will constantly get bumped up, so they'll never be off the front page, making it a lot harder for less talented makers to get their stuff seen.

Just my two pence.

This make me think stuff, i put on spoiler to don't be heavy in a images poor page :D

I find both solution may be "undertone" respect what i've in mind
The archive thread is supposed to be to encourage every lazy ass that never wanted go through 999 post to give a look, or that give a look every while and lose half of the stuff... the idea is give a big ass thread title where one can easy jump in and find all in post #1 (wich will be updated an and again). Example also show stuff to friends that are not even on 8wr too

But the risk of "damage" others members is something i honestly did'nt considered
What about instead don't do nothing to don't damage, do something to help them too?
Like, in addition to make the archive-thread i can "use my name" in some way, create something (new big ass weekly contest? Help/zecretz/tutorial thread? Review of other's stuff thread?) to encourage peoples that maybe jumped in for my name to give a look to other's stuff. Just to make a name, Chobek's an ever classic example come to mind,imho one of the greatest CaS creators around, but for some reason he/she don't get the recognization deserve. He/she done an insane amount of quality stuff, but write around even less than me

It's kinda clear specially for who like you "know" me from a while that i'm not too much into internet public relations and blah blah, but i hope it's clear that's more me don't like the hypocrisy of do politic campaign of "oh,nice stuff dear #635 member, now i patronize you in a way that make look like i know shit and then i invite you to come in my thread. smileemoticon. -go to next thread, repeat-"

I find it kinda sad :D

But i will like help if possible
A while ago i did a big ass thread to explain what is/how do chara design (more specific chara design compatible with SC), but it kinda failed, i suppose because nobody want dive in a huge boring text and because was kinda hard make understand that was about explain a set of design rules and not about trying to impose my opinion
All is ok, but when at some point one of the things written sound like "you do this thing wrong" it never get taken as "for chara design rules/for SC art style rules" but the perception fall into "mine opinion vs yours"
Basically in my mind was about give a designer know-how (that i learned from professors at pro illustrator/designer school, i'm not some kind of self-taught genius) starter kit, but was taken as "Gatsu fapping over himself,cuz i'm betta than U- teh official megalomania thread" :D

If you have any idea about how use the visibility i have to push peoples watch new creators stuff, tell me, we can do it
Only thing i will like is maybe have a double-target, help them get views, but at the same time help them get better

Really interessed in your reply,you're with Pocky this forum face and know other members better than me

Now better i go back create something this page is turning into draamtic blahblah :D

It's a lot of work, but you could edit the first post into a table of contents of sorts, with links to posts in which people may find a specific CaS. That way, you keep everything organized in one thread and new viewers can keep coming back to the first post to pick and choose whatever CaS they want to view. At the same time, viewers who've been keeping up could just go to the last page to view your latest works. This is like your suggestion, but it all just happens in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back