= Gatsu's Official Temple of teh Random CaS Stuff =

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye. I figured the general idea of the archive thread would be something like that - A sort of "Gatsu Database" so to speak.
It's well known that people are lazy, and the idea of browsing through a billion pages to look at, essentially, pretty pictures ISN'T appealing to most, so the idea of an archive/gallery is something I completely understand. As ThePascuzzi suggested, it might be worth turning your first post into an index of sorts - With links to all the characters. This, however, WOULD be a lot of hard work, but it'd be something you'd need to do on the new thread anyway, so mayhaps it's worth consideration? (As a bit of advice, if you WERE to do this, I'd also recommend adding a thumbnail pic of each character, otherwise it's a case of clicking on the coolest sounding name...)

I'm certain that potentially making it harder for others was definitely not the objective - You're a community guy yourself, especially more recently. And it's not in your nature to try and push anyone else down, so no worries there.

I like the idea of using your popularity to bolster other people's viewcount however. It's no secret that many hold you as the best CaSist around, and your opinion certainly carries a lot of weight... I think turning that attention in a positive, supportive direction is noble thing to do, and something we should think heavily on.

But yes, you've certainly never been one for forum politics. I suppose that's my job really isn't it? Haha.
It's nice though, because it shows how humble you are - You don't invite people into your thread with the idea of hoping they'll comment and praise you, you simply let the views tell the story. A shame that not everyone does that...

I really enjoyed lurking in that thread - Although I'm dating a designer, and seem to have a lot of people's respect as a critiquer, my own character design is lacklustre at best, ranging on generic to "slightly interesting but clearly inspired by...". It IS a shame it ended as it did, but I see what you mean. I'll admit, a few people have expressed the opinion that you're egotistical, but I try and tell them that isn't the case, you're just not one for circle-jerking. If I'm honest though, I imagine a lot of that is drawn from envy, but at the risk of causing drama I'll end that thought there.

So, help others get noticed AND get better. At the same time, it'll help clear up some of this "Gatsu is full of himself" weight that people insist on dragging. I like the sounds of this, and I think I might have an idea or two. I'll organise a PM with you and Pockoko once I've refined some points. Until then if you have any ideas, obviously I'd like to hear them.

Same goes for you non-Gatsu people who're reading this. =];}P

@Pascuzzi:

i considered exactly that at begin,but it will kinda miss the point
If the archive was supposed to be a quick door for everyone, specially casual viewer that follow only sometimes, a edit like that will just pass unnoticed aside for peoples that yet follow a lot
We are talking about a probably long boring work (even if i list mostly just recreations like was my idea,are probably over 150/200), little sense make it if fail at reach the original target
But again,at begin i did'nt considered the potential negative side of the thing... now i'm more split between drop the idea or do it as "Gatsu Temple 2.0" and ask Pocky to close this thread, i know it's kinda late to start a new one, but in that way the archive will work well and at the same time i will not get double exposure

@LeBello

Eh,thumbnails are cool but in a single post the forum allow a limited number of pics(20?) not even near to the amount of stuff... from 1 post it will become a mammoth 10 post thing

About peoples see me in a bad way who care, as now it seem i don't have contrast with anybody and anyway i'm the first to play about my awesome awesomeness :D
The chara design thread actually did'nt end up into "accusation" (well,some in PM,but it's not the point),and the few that posted was constructive stuff... more than else how the thread is dead was kind of silent reply about the perception of it :D
Let me know if you and Pocky get some idea, maybe i've a fun one but let's keep it as B option

Now, time for some stuff

Morrigan from Darkstalkers- i know, everybody done that... well add me to the list :D
morrig.png

Alì from The Story of Thor (aka Beyond Oasis) - i know,super simple CaS, but i just wanted make a tribute to one of the most underrated shitz in VG history,incredible and unknown at the same time. Well,at least the first,the sequel on Saturn was kinda weak.
Oh,who know the game can see that fire-ein do a nice job at replace Ifrit :D
alirsq.png

Agreed, the best recreation of morrigan I saw so far. ( replacing her feathers on the chest, by using that accesoire...really nicely done)

I just went through all 50 pages of this thread. My god, you are talented.
I can't resist the urge to go attack Creation mode right now.

And I apologize for doing this, but it never went anywhere in the request thread.
Could you think of any ways to make Yoshimitsu's 1P from SC3? I've been stuck on the mask and it doesn't look right without it. Doesn't have to be a Yoshi edit. CaS would probably work better.

I just went through all 50 pages of this thread. My god, you are talented.
I can't resist the urge to go attack Creation mode right now.

And I apologize for doing this, but it never went anywhere in the request thread.
Could you think of any ways to make Yoshimitsu's 1P from SC3? I've been stuck on the mask and it doesn't look right without it. Doesn't have to be a Yoshi edit. CaS would probably work better.

[Notice]
Please go here. If Gatsu doesn't approve, then this place is where you shall go to request stuff.
[/Notice]

All 50 in one session? Lol, thanks for the dedication
I return the favour accepting the request,tomorrow i see what i can do :D

I appreciate it. And I really don't mind lurking 50 pages when it's stuff this worth looking at. Great work, all if it.

I apologize for doing that, but like I said, I had requested it but it never got anywhere. I figured I may as well give it a shot. I won't make a habit out of it.

I appreciate it. And I really don't mind lurking 50 pages when it's stuff this worth looking at. Great work, all if it.

I apologize for doing that, but like I said, I had requested it but it never got anywhere. I figured I may as well give it a shot. I won't make a habit out of it.

The reason why I'm a bit strict is to keep things in order. It's my job. Gatsu approved so it's fine. If he didn't, your best bet is to direct to that thread.

This goes to anyone else, no requests unless the OP says he/she are cool with it.

Done! A lot of sacrifice/reinterpretation kind of recreation but i had fun, pretty difficult shit get the right look but once done is a good addition

SC3 Yoshi
yos.png

Bahn from Fighting Vipers- old fight game by Sega, Bahn was one of the best chara design of it and so much more interessing than usual meh Sega fighters from VF. Not so good CaS,but this page is too empty of images to be picky :D
bahnf.png

It's perfect. :DD
Great work, as always, and thanks for taking the time to do it. I'll be monitoring this thread for any further badassery.

Done! A lot of sacrifice/reinterpretation kind of recreation but i had fun, pretty difficult shit get the right look but once done is a good addition

Really like how you solved that mask puzzle..... I tried this (i'll try ANY request that is an SC char) but could never find the right combination, couldn't do it right with only three items.

Very well done

Yoshi 3P is excellent. Best part is that he blends seamlessly into the rest of the SCV cast.

Bahn would be perfect if only the SCV equipment would fit more tightly. Have you tried lowering his body parameters?

Medusa is breathtaking! I haven't seen anything that beautiful in a while. Very clever adding the feathers to round out the head. She does get somewhat weighed down by the bulky belt and gold trimming on the gown though.

@LeBello- best video ever surpassed only by "I just had sex" :D

@Quinion- thanks... the mask itself was'nt big problem, the worse part is that you have to totally forget the artificial arm,because edit the original yoshi is pain in the ass :(

@Brucege- yeah, Bahn's proportion are extremize to the maximum the cas system allow, -20 pecs and big shoulder pads to minimize the jacket... some items are just that baggy sadly
About Medusa there was a perfect waist item, but sadly like 90% of waist items it got item conflict with any kind of skirt
Item conflict is a bitch
Ever about Kid Icarus Uprising i just discovered that Pit (KIU protagonist) is my most hated ever recreation due item conflict... i you're skilled you can do basically a 99% perfect Pit, one of the best closer accurated recreations, you have still neck slot free and you have just to add angel wings to get one of best recreations ever,you're a click away from it, just select and... CHITON NONSENSE CONFLICT WITH WINGS
tumblr_lw04utHnX51qibz0jo1_400.gif

1- Gotta love Lonely Island!

2- Just do Wingless Pit. I mean, he can't fly anyways. Or photoshop them in ;P

1- 2012 Gatsu's SMS to all friends during travel to Corsica "I'M ON A BOAT!" :D

2- Wingless Pit is like boobless Kat Dennings, kinda lose reason to exist, suicide just become the most honourable way to go out :D
You can search a "good" replacement for chiton, but once you got 99%-a-click-away-from-perfect recreation, "good" just piss you off.
An alternative is wingless Pit with Aeon (instead Cervy) style, so you got wings during some moves... but still miss the point,considering that the whole chara design is about him having wings :D

1- 2012 Gatsu's SMS to all friends during travel to Corsica "I'M ON A BOAT!" :D

2- Wingless Pit is like boobless Kat Dennings, kinda lose reason to exist, suicide just become the most honourable way to go out :D
You can search a "good" replacement for chiton, but once you got 99%-a-click-away-from-perfect recreation, "good" just piss you off.
An alternative is wingless Pit with Aeon (instead Cervy) style, so you got wings during some moves... but still miss the point,considering that the whole chara design is about him having wings :D

L-O-V-E's just another word I never learned to pronounce.

True, but as a sort of compromise. When you take into account the metaphorical nature of FINE I JUST WANTED TO SEE THE PIT OK? MAN. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back