Gauntlet mode

Gauntlet mode is just blocking an attack and retaliating, right? That's all I've seen from any footage of it.

Pretty much. It leaves you with just enough life to survive doing it right, and has an opponent do a specific attack. If you fail, it'll give you hints on how to beat it.

lmao. We'll probably get all these new plays coming out and using Zas only to spam 2K. I mean-- if people didnt do that already.

I'm more interested in the story of Gauntlet than anything. You reckon you can tell us if there are any other characters in the story other than Dampy-hair, Hilde and Cass? Gotta choose the most boring characters for the mains. Nice one, Bamco... 'cause that's my opinion.

The point of the mode is to teach you the best ways to defend against the staple attacks of every character in the game: one character at a time, one volley at a time, and they try to keep you entertained along the way using manga humor and chibi character portraits. When all else fails, GI. When that fails, read the text and they'll tell you exactly what you're looking at and give you one guaranteed way to punish it.

It won't teach you to play the whole game using nothing but K and 2K, but it will drill into your skull the ideas of interrupts, sidestepping, guaranteed hits, tech traps, and the fact that there's an answer to everything. I actually like their dumb little story, but it's suffocating playing the entire story mode in tiny tiny bursts, always at a disadvantage, never able to cut loose and use your favorite attacks, so I have to take breaks from that. That's what Quick Play and the Trials modes are for.

@caleb
thx that you listed that,now im sure..i dont need that game.(i better wait for sc5 or sc blabla)

anyway...if it fits here in this thread then i have a request,any options that anybody can post the chibi portraits from the game?That would be awesome!thx

-Aria Esther-

@caleb
thx that you listed that,now im sure..i dont need that game.(i better wait for sc5 or sc blabla)

That's a silly reaction. So any game that has a mode where they try to teach you something you already know is a game for you to skip? Get ready to never buy a good fighting game again.

Anyway, I just finished this mode, and I'm confused. Dampierre's cronies were only barely alluded to, and their images never appeared. The mysterious sword that's all over the art for this game was never mentioned at all, but I am suddenly able to give it to a custom Siegfried. The story of Gauntlet mode ended up being just a big dumb cartoon where nothing important ever happened, so where's the real story supposed to be in this game?

The game says that the Gauntlet story is unofficial, but based on real events, so maybe the most basic facts of it are true. It centers around Hilde, Cassandra and Dampierre on a quest to cure Hilde's father of malfestation, so maybe that much of it is "true." Or maybe the reason the whole thing is so goofy is because Dampierre is telling it, and inserting himself.

Or maybe Namco wrote it to attract the attention of new-comers to the series...

As a person who's very much into the plot (what there is of it) of SC, this is a piece of shit. Hilde? Why? Who the hell is Hilde anyway?

I tried the Gauntlet today but couldnt some up enough motivation to get past the "block using G" missions, since you cant skip them. Havent really gotten to the Hilde part yet but since there isnt even dialogue from the other characters... meh. Nothing to look forward to.

Yay optimism.

Back