Gnouz Corp Interview with Hisaharu Tago at PGW 2011

Gnouz Corp has posted a video interview with Soulcalibur V producer Hisaharu Tago that was conducted at Paris Games Week which took place a few weeks ago. The video covers Namco’s presence at the annual event, Ezio, Dampierre, the emphasis on online play, possible arcade release, and Tago-san's dream crossover project.

If you haven’t seen the video already in the Media section, you can check it out after the break.

Article

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that earlier and Tag was saying that," I would love to have a crossover game like Street Fighter X Tekken" then he was like, "It will be better to just use many guest characters from other games and put them on the game.

Well, that would be another crossover that never leaves Japan. SRW V_V

Of course, it's Namco, so it might not leave Japan anyways.

Some great raph stuff in here... funny to hear him say he hasn't changed while showing vids of him doing better stuff, haha. still can't tell if 1K is + on hit or not (doubt it), but glad to see hop kick is still a good anti-2a. New low from stance looks sick and fast, and NH knockdown = yes.

The game would be called Namco vs. Capcom .

I'm a bit worried about power creep. The characters all look a lot stronger so far, to the point where games can become a spamfest of top 10 lists for characters. Here's hoping GI is still good enough to keep them in check.

Gotta say the music was a bit odd but surprisingly worked well.

enjoyed the video.

I now understand the whole bit with Raphael from earlier...his weapon/tactics have not changed just some of this moves. He does look better than in IV though.

Dampierre might be getting a non pre-order dlc then. I think he will eventually regardless...all depends on whether they think they can make money off of it. I do like their reasoning for including him though.

i can't believe that they made Raph's vertical moves stronger. now that gives more reason to see some 6Betc. spamming from him. but seeing Tago being pumped up got me pumped up all over again. plus this is the first game I've kept full track off since the beginning.

I'm a bit worried about power creep. The characters all look a lot stronger so far, to the point where games can become a spamfest of top 10 lists for characters. Here's hoping GI is still good enough to keep them in check.

What?? when has this ever been a problem o.o Just double your life before a battle :3

Back