Grab cancel

babalook

[10] Knight
Ok as alot of you know you can cancel his B+G grab into a variety of thing that ive been studying for a while like:
-iGDR 24 Damage and if your up against a wall somtime you can get the 28B for 38-59 Damage
-3B 24 Damage
-11B 28 Damage (can be teched left & right)
-FC A+B for a tech trap for backwards and forwads(i like this one especially when you get the GB)
-3A:B garanteed pickup on every one but Amy, Mina, Talim, Xianghua, Cassandra, Sophitia
this is 83 damage if you follow it up with a iGDR and it'll look like the second clip in this video.

For the rest of the cast but the cancell you have to do is kinda tricky it's like a just frame and ive yet to find the timing but it allows you to do a move almost imediately after B2 also can be used for to
follow up 3A:B for wall splat for more rediculous damage. It allows tech traps up and down for 22B making that another valuable option and im still checking for other options but i think the 3A:B is golden check it out if you don't beleive me. If you get the special cancel ive gotten FC A+BBBBB to catch right tech also .

Most the stuff is really useless, way to less damage, no reward just like RO or Wallsplat or anything else.

Just go for B+K or DC K. Especially when you got them near a wall you can go for DC K, since Cervys wallgame is pretty nice.

Nobody is going to tech back or forward, thats the worst you can do.

So honestly i really dont see a single reason to for one of these....am i missing something?

greetings,doc.

EDIT: Well you really made me check this stuff and the only usefull folloup which is pretty nice actually is iWS A FULL Tech Trap since you can get a Wallsplat....its not even instant, you have plenty off time...this is the ONLY Followup to teach them not to tech and maybe then you can go for a 22B...

iWS A is a nice Tech Trap Tool btw, i really never see people use this...ive posted some setups for it...and if you really play against some idiot you can go for another iWSA Tech Trap after the Grab, B+G~G~WSA~3A+B~iWSA~etc etc

not sure if anyone new this but if you cancel the grab at it's fastest speed the 3A:B i garentead but the cancel is hard for me atleast but if i can get 82 Damage of a grab ill learn it cause this could make him even better (im currently testing on all characters ill update soon) I updated it

ok so i haven't been giving cervantes the attention he deserves. (yoshi and voldo have been taking my time...)

so this B+G grab cancel..... how does it look?
normally, he grabs them, tosses them in the air, and immediately goes into dread charge.
in the cancel, does he NOT do the DC? when should i hit G to cancel?

please help.

hmm... it would be fun to try if you are winning a match badly or something, but I think I'd rather stay with DC K into backturned mix-ups or b+K for straight damage. Although 82 damage sounds nice I doubt you are gonna be getting this to hit anywhere near consistent... that and I tend to not like learning moves that only work on 2/3 of the cast or things like that. But I might look at it really quick and see how decent the damage is (also what is the damage for doing 2B+K instead of igdr after the pick-up? trash?)

I'd just like to mention here as well though (since u mentioned 22B)..that you 22B WAAAAAYYYYY too often...lol. you are gonna land that 1 in 100 times maybe against a good played because you have time to tech even online once you see the start of the stab motion..lol.

well after that 3B launch combo i do i notice you tech left so i was guna go for a A+B tech trap but my reaction time online is terrible also ive been playen some maches offline and got to used to 3A:B pickup near wall if there near the wall and you grab or somthing and they dont get up i do that for lik 70 Damage but i cant do 3A:B online consistent so i need to get out of that habit but its a fun trick
also the grab cancel is weird just mess around with it i get it like half the time offline

NEVER MIND THIS I FOUND THE ANSWER IN ANOTHER FORUM SPOT
Hey i was messing around Cervy's:2::1::4::B:(FI),:2::8::B: and was thinking if it could be put into his :G::+::B: grab
So after 15 minutes of trying it i gave up and started to button mash :B: during his :G::+::B: grab to dread charge and found that :2::1::4::B:(FI),:2::8::B: is automatic if you can get the :B: at the right time it looks a little slower but its the same. So was it a cancel or was it a whole new version idk?
just a side not i play on a 360 so i set my right bumper to :A::+::B: i think i might have hit that during the move or before.

NEVER MIND THIS I FOUND THE ANSWER IN ANOTHER FORUM SPOT
Hey i was messing around Cervy's:2::1::4::B:(FI),:2::8::B: and was thinking if it could be put into his :G::+::B: grab
So after 15 minutes of trying it i gave up and started to button mash :B: during his :G::+::B: grab to dread charge and found that :2::1::4::B:(FI),:2::8::B: is automatic if you can get the :B: at the right time it looks a little slower but its the same. So was it a cancel or was it a whole new version idk?
just a side not i play on a 360 so i set my right bumper to :A::+::B: i think i might have hit that during the move or before.

I think you're talking about a just frame input off his B+G. It's been known, but the window is kind of wonky, so people have mostly been going with more consistent options. To do it, you just hit B as they're somewhere on the way down.

Hmmm... interesting, I was wondering if it was just me with the B+G JF... nice to know it's not just my dodgy input skills.

ya it does 61 damage just do the iFC 323B+G not hard and does 69 so that version is really just to be flashy which is pretty pointless if you plan to get serious with the game. Oh and if you just do a normal grab cancel you can do this for a tech trap 4A+K 3B its kinda weird though considering all the strange cancel times.

in simple words: situations where the opponent can get in extra hits if you tech in the wrong direction

i only use

-:B:+:K: for the damage and cause i cannot fuck that
-:K: if ringout is possible in the direction is going to be sent. Even when this presents its self i still do the first. dunno a habit i guess.

the :B:+:G: :B: even when you hit this it can still mess up that the tornado swell part just misses. So i just stick with the above cause they are better than anyother option available.

I've made a breakthrough in iGDR hitting after B+G.

Go to the throne room, make sure you're on the P1 side. Throw your opponent at the normal positions you start in and use the chandelier farthest from you as a reference point. When they are in line with that chandelier, quickly tap B and iDGR will hit, and 28 B will hit automatically.

I've made a breakthrough in iGDR hitting after B+G.

Go to the throne room, make sure you're on the P1 side. Throw your opponent at the normal positions you start in and use the chandelier farthest from you as a reference point. When they are in line with that chandelier, quickly tap B and iDGR will hit, and 28 B will hit automatically.

Does this make timing make the iGDR follow up hit consistently on all characters?

Back