Groh 44B
Groh 44B.gif

Groh 44B Lethal Hit When Opponent Uses RE
Groh 44B Lethal Hit.gif

Groh's CE as an Anti-Air
Groh's CE as an Anti Air.gif

Groh's 66A+B
Groh 66A+B.gif

Is it just me or does it look like we can step out of his stance?
B7G5i7.gif
lFctMj.gif

Also, what do we think his 6BB is? I thought it was this:
XtfQxy.gif

but according to this
4gamersc6guideimg006.jpg
not only does 6BB6 ID A natural combo, but it is also a follow up to 3B, which seems weird because the above move looks like it would be air controllable.
SCVI Groh Updates
Groh's Soul Charge Mode 22_88A ~ 3BB
groh-soul-charge-mode-22_88a-3bb-gif.48221
Why do you think the move after 22/88B is 3BB? It looks more like the SC version of this
O52Gr8.gif

Last edited:
You know, at first i wasn't really that into Grøh, but i think i'm starting to really dig his fighting style. Especially when he separates the two blades. He seems to have good range + speed, which are my top two qualities in a fighting style. Definitely pumped to try him out whenever this game drops, or if they decide to have a BETA.

Why do you think the move after 22/88B is 3BB? It looks more like the SC version of this
O52Gr8.gif

I thought it was Soul Charge Mode 3B after 22_88A. I didn't recognize his 22_88B. Groh in Soul Charge Mode has teleporting abilities like Soul Charge Mode 22_88BB.

You know, at first i wasn't really that into Grøh, but i think i'm starting to really dig his fighting style. Especially when he separates the two blades. He seems to have good range + speed, which are my top two qualities in a fighting style. Definitely pumped to try him out whenever this game drops, or if they decide to have a BETA.

Groh is the best new Soul Calibur character since Setsuka because he's not broken like Hilde & Algol in SCIV, not trash like Z.W.E.I.(I'm saying this from a character moveset viable standpoint because Groh has that really fast low in his strings, 66K being a SLNC, 44A for aGI verticals, a string when it CHs it cause a Lethal Hit so he can go into Innocent Draw and continue the combo, & Soul Charge Mode Teleportation.), not considered "too weak" just to be overbuffed like Viola, not a new character like Pat with a new style on his own. Pat is despised by everyone because of SCV's awful story being designed to make him super cool just to destroy Setsuka's awesome style. SCVI's story is already better than SCV's, but it won't be as good as the ones in NRS games.

KInda rash judgment to make. We had no idea Hilde or Algol was broken until the game released.

We had inklings that ZWEI may have had issues, but final judgment wasn't made until well after release.

Both Soul Calibur 4 and 5 were rushed out the gate with additional features and guest characters that ate up development time and had to be in the game by release, so there was no way they could have everything balanced. Not to mention Soul Calibur 5 funding stopped and no more patches were allowed after a few months.

Ironically, Soul Calibur 5 still sold better than Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and the one that got the biggest funding was TTT2.

I thought it was Soul Charge Mode 3B after 22_88A. I didn't recognize his 22_88B. Groh in Soul Charge Mode has teleporting abilities like Soul Charge Mode 22_88BB.
Sorry that was a typo I meant "Why do you think the move after 22/88A is 3BB?"

Groh is the best new Soul Calibur character since Setsuka because he's not broken like Hilde & Algol in SCIV, not trash like Z.W.E.I.
Way too early to say this, he could go either way. Balance tends to come down to frames, we don't know if he has a fast-safe-mid horizontal, a fast-plus-on-hit low, a semi-safe launcher, a good move for punishing, a fast enough launcher for post-GI, or strong post-combo oki. Additionally, his stance transitions could be garbage like sc4 Taki and his SC ID teleport could be slow with no invulnerability. The inverse of all this could be true as well.

Sorry that was a typo I meant "Why do you think the move after 22/88A is 3BB?"

The Teleportation Groh has in Soul Charge Mode.

Kinda rash judgment to make. We had no idea Hilde or Algol were broken until the game released.

We had inklings that ZWEI may have had issues, but final judgment wasn't made until well after release.

Both Soul Calibur 4 and 5 were rushed out the gate with additional features and guest characters that ate up development time and had to be in the game by release, so there was no way they could have everything balanced. Not to mention Soul Calibur 5 funding stopped and no more patches were allowed after a few months.

Ironically, Soul Calibur 5 still sold better than Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and the one that got the biggest funding was TTT2.

SCIV had no play testing just like SCIII. Z.W.E.I was trash from the start because he needs E.I.N for EVERYTHING. Even if Zas & Talim were finished in SCV, Leixia would makes all their moves not matter. Don't tell me "Leixia isn't good because of DMG." She has tools unlike Z.W.E.I & Talim.

Way too early to say this, he could go either way. Balance tends to come down to frames, we don't know if he has a fast-safe-mid horizontal, a fast-plus-on-hit low, a semi-safe launcher, a good move for punishing, a fast enough launcher for post-GI, or strong post-combo oki. Additionally, his stance transitions could be garbage like sc4 Taki and his SC ID teleport could be slow with no invulnerability. The inverse of all this could be true as well.

Groh is a viable character so far when you get Lethal Hit off CH combos, 66K SLNC, 44A making all Verticals not matter, & Soul Charge Mode Teleportation. Groh isn't broke & he's not trash like Z.W.E.I & Talim.

Groh is a viable character so far when you get Lethal Hit off CH combos, 66K SLNC, 44A making all Verticals not matter, & Soul Charge Mode Teleportation. Groh isn't broke & he's not trash like Z.W.E.I & Talim.
You can't just say Groh is viable lol, most characters get LH off CH moves, 66K could be -30 on block for all we know, many of the characters have been shown to have multiple auto-GI's while Groh has one, and we know nothing about groh's teleport moves. You can't possibly judge the viability of a character when we don't even know their full move list, let alone their frame data relative to the rest of the cast or at the very least competitive gameplay.

You can't just say Groh is viable lol, most characters get LH off CH moves, 66K could be -30 on block for all we know, many of the characters have been shown to have multiple auto-GI's while Groh has one, and we know nothing about groh's teleport moves. You can't possibly judge the viability of a character when we don't even know their full move list, let alone their frame data relative to the rest of the cast or at the very least competitive gameplay.
There's literally no point arguing with him. Even though you're right he's just gonna keep going so might as well just let it go here.

On another note, you're definitely right about him having a sidestep out of stance. If he can throw out of stance then that would definitely make the threat of going for sidestep side throw/sidestep mid viable.

FACT: Groh is viable unlike Z.W.E.I & Talim. Z.W.E.I & Talim have NO tools.

There's literally no point arguing with him. Even though you're right he's just gonna keep going so might as well just let it go here.
It appears you're correct.
On another note, you're definitely right about him having a sidestep out of stance. If he can throw out of stance then that would definitely make the threat of going for sidestep side throw/sidestep mid viable.
lFctMj.gif
The move he does after the step here isn't a stance move (pretty sure it's his 22A), so grabbing should be possible. Idk if step guarding is in but if it is he could potentially cancel his stance with it. I really hope something is done about his grab range, I can't go through ZWEI's t-rex arms again. Also hoping for a command grab that allows for followups.

A sidestep cancel isn't new to the series, but this does give him some flexibility. I only question whether or not you're going to "fake" the stance since it doesn't look like there's a whole lot of options. If there's an aGI, then maybe baiting the animation would be useful. The low from stance isn't really enough.

That said, if he can step from stance, can he dash or backdash from it too?

Ya it'st hard to tell how good his stance will be until we can actually test cancel advantage and there's always the chance we haven't seen all of his moves from ID since the gameplay we've gotten so far is just mashing, I've only seen one video where this low kick was used
proxy.php
which seems like one of his fastest ID attacks. I'm a bit worried about the fact that GI/RE counters every stance attack besides the big slow GB and forward teleport from SC ID.

So the recent stream showed that he has a kick from the SC aerial teleport that looked to hit low, he also has a ground hitting combo ender that leads into ID which is nice.

JT_VoO.gif
reverse ring out from a throw.
48zlJb.gif
side throw
Wcp-mt.gif
This horizontal looks +on block and the follow up to 3B looks like it gives no oki.
tBMXo9.gif
Is it just me or does his 1A look reactable.
We haven't actually seen Groh's ID K hit on CH yet but I think it may lead to ID A, just speculation but it reminds me of relic K from sc4.

Back