Guess The Next Character Reveal(s)!

June - Cervantes
July - Astaroth, Lizardman
August - Talim, Yun-seong, Grøh's Dad, Cassandra
September - Voldo, Tira
October - Raphael, Setsuka (Season Pass Bonus Teaser)

Do you think there is a possibility we get character Reveal next Thursday (June 28th)?

If yes, I think Talim and/or Cervantes are likely.

Y'know i'd love next reveal to be Setsuka, or at least someone that isn't very expected (like Hwang, Rock or even Raphael since the recent rumors). I mean Talim Cervy Voldo and Asta are great, but would be cool to see a very unexpected reveal like Zasalamel back in February.

Last edited:
Setsuka too. I want my second fav character to be back.. But I think she wouldn't be back as of now.

An unexpected character Reveal? Seong Mina, Hwang or Amy seems good choice for this.

9mqofzict9311.png

Judging by the current character select screen and no confirmation of whether it is final or not, here are my updated predictions for launch characters:

01. Mitsurugi (December 2017)
02. Sophitia (December 2017)
03. Grøh (January 2018)
04. Nightmare (January 2018)
05. Xianghua (January 2018)
06. Kilik (January 2018)
07. Ivy (February 2018)
08. Zasalamel (February 2018)
09. Geralt (March 2018)
10. Siegfried (April 2018)
11. Taki (May 2018)
12. Yoshimitsu (May 2018)
13. Maxi (June 2018)

14. New Character (June 2018)
15. Astaroth (June 2018)
16. Talim (June 2018)

17. Aeon (July 2018)
18. Raphael (July 2018)

19. Cervantes (August 2018)
20. Hwang (August 2018)
21. Rock (August 2018)

22. Seong Mi-na (September 2018)
23. Voldo (September 2018)

24. Cassandra (September 2018) - DLC
25. Yun-seong (September 2018) - DLC

This would include all characters from the first SoulCalibur game excluding Edge Master and Inferno for a late September launch. They would probably announce the DLC shortly before or after the release date which in my guess would be Cassandra and Yun-seong to complete the SoulCalibur II cast. Cassandra and Yun-seong would be chosen as DLC because they are "clone" characters but unlike Hwang and Rock, these characters would actually sell. They will most likely be pre-order DLC similar to how Eliza was for Tekken 7 to help drive sales.

Since DLC was heavily hinted at when questioned about future guest characters; we can expect Setsuka, Tira, Amy, and Hilde to eventually show up alongside another guest character which would most likely be 2B from Nier: Automata. My guess for the next guest character is 2B due to fan demand and a previous partnership between Namco and Square Enix in bringing Noctis to Tekken 7.

These are my current predictions, which could change as more E3 announcements are made.
When characters more beloved, iconic and unique are getting cut, I simply can’t justify having Rock in the roster.

In my opinion, I think we'll be seeing Seong-Mina, Hwang or Yun-Seong (hoping for Hwang), Talim, Astaroth, or Voldo.

I think we're going to see two characters for the next reveal. I also think we'll see create-a-soul mode. I have no idea which characters however so I'll just say Lizardman and Talim (I could see a minifig of either of these characters being announced at best buy on the 5th).

I'm kinda hoping for anyone but Astaroth for the next reveal at this point tbh. I mean, for a few reasons.
1) We already know Astaroth is going to be in the game for certain now. I mean, story mode trailer = soft confirmation, plays off of Maxi in the story, iconic SC1 character etc. Basically one of those characters everyone knew would be in from the start. It wouldn't be very exciting or surprising.
2) It's...Astaroth. I mean, as much as I think he deserves to be in the roster, by himself he's not exactly the most interesting or hype-inducing, at least IMO personally. I'd rather see him get revealed alongside a more engaging character like Voldo or Tira.
3) It's been quite a while since Maxi's reveal and while the story trailer was great, I'm more interested in seeing my roster now, as I want to go into the story mode blind. To wait so long for an Astaroth reveal of all people, when considering the above reasons, would be pretty underwhelming and disappointing tbh.
That being said, I will be relatively satisfied with any character reveal, I'm just starved for news.

I'm kinda hoping for anyone but Astaroth for the next reveal at this point tbh. I mean, for a few reasons.
1) We already know Astaroth is going to be in the game for certain now. I mean, story mode trailer = soft confirmation, plays off of Maxi in the story, iconic SC1 character etc. Basically one of those characters everyone knew would be in from the start. It wouldn't be very exciting or surprising.
2) It's...Astaroth. I mean, as much as I think he deserves to be in the roster, by himself he's not exactly the most interesting or hype-inducing, at least IMO personally. I'd rather see him get revealed alongside a more engaging character like Voldo or Tira.
3) It's been quite a while since Maxi's reveal and while the story trailer was great, I'm more interested in seeing my roster now, as I want to go into the story mode blind. To wait so long for an Astaroth reveal of all people, when considering the above reasons, would be pretty underwhelming and disappointing tbh.
That being said, I will be relatively satisfied with any character reveal, I'm just starved for news.
Not to mention that they've already shown his stage a couple of times.

Back