Guess The Next Character Reveal(s)!

I'm suspecting Raphael wont be revealed until launch or close to launch. Probably a spoiler if they reveal what state he is in. Plus maybe Viola gets revealed alongside him?

Did it? I'm talking about the fairly new one:
Regarding Tira's and Talim's age, SC6 takes place all the way up to SC2 which is also the same year as SC3 and SC4. The aging up doesn't matter because SC6 timeline covers that period of their ages.

I would think this is what we would end up with:
Code:
            Rock        Siegfried   Zasalamel   Nightmare   Aeon
            Xianghua    Maxi        Sophitia    Astaroth    Ivy
            Yoshimitsu  Kilik       INFERNO     Grøh        Voldo
            Hwang       Mitsurugi   Geralt      Taki        Seong Mi-na  
CaS         Talim       Raphael     Azwel       Cervantes   Tira        Random

As for character reveal order, I'm guessing:
Gamescom: Cervantes and Azwel
September 6: Lizardman and Raphael
Tokyo Game Show: Hwang, Rock, and Tira

The game should be at Gold Master by the time Tokyo Game Show happens and we could even be seeing the final build there. Any reveals after should be DLC. I'm guessing near launch we would see Cassandra as a pre-order bonus. It would be pretty interesting if Namco combines her moves with Patroklos and made a more gender-neutral moveset that we could use for our created characters.

The DLC characters are likely going to be: Cassandra, Setsuka, Hilde, and 2B
It would be a little strange to see the entire Season 1 DLC to all be female characters though. Maybe Yun-Seong would be there instead of 2B or Hilde and they would be saved for Season 2 instead.

I think we'll see

gamescom - Tira and Lizardman (they've got a ton of furries over there, not showing the animal man at a German event would be a missed opportunity)
early September - Hwang/Yun if one is in (I don't think they'll reveal a Korean character at a Japanese event)
TGS - Raph, Cervantes, second new guy
early October - launch day DLC character, maybe first later DLC too with release date

If there's no Hwang or Yun, I imagine we'd get Raph in early September then Cassandra at TGS (so they can have a girl revealed too and not just three guys).

One possibility though (especially if the second new guy is a boss) is no reveal of the second new character until release, instead teasing the character at TGS or something like how they teased Groh in the original SCVI announcement trailer.

@artard4321, rather:

Code:
        Hwang        Siegfried  Zasalamel  Nightmare  Lizardman
        Xianghua     Maxi       Sophitia   Astaroth   Ivy
        Yoshimitsu   Kilik      Inferno    Grøh       Voldo
        Talim        Mitsurugi  Geralt     Taki       Cervantes
Custom  Seong Mi-na  Raphael    Azwel      Tira       Random     Bonus

@tirakai seems rather close to what I'd say about reveals, too. Especially closing the last reveal with a tease of Azwel would be great a bookend after teasing Grøh the same in the first trailer. It would be clever and leave some excitement for when we play the game.

Code:
        Hwang        Siegfried  Zasalamel  Nightmare  Lizardman
        Xianghua     Maxi       Sophitia   Astaroth   Ivy
        Yoshimitsu   Kilik      Inferno    Grøh       Voldo
        Talim        Mitsurugi  Geralt     Taki       Cervantes
Custom  Seong Mi-na  New Female Oswald     Tira       Random     Bonus

Mine is pretty close, but I suspect Raphael might have to wait for DLC (got to have something to sell after all). If the whispers of a new dark-skinned barbarian character are true (and I hope they are), I can see her as well. I have a feeling they might surprise us.

@Nyte It would feel very incomplete and inconsistent for Rock to be the single non-mimic exclusion from the original SoulCalibur to SoulCalibur VI seeing as the game is heavily based on the original SoulCalibur for the Dreamcast. Besides, I did mention that Cassandra would be a Pre-Order character. She would drive better sales that way and would technically be available on Day 1 like Rock but not accessible to those who aren't willing to invest in the game early. If I was in charge of marketing and believe that Rock would be in the game, there is no way in hell I would make him the promotional character or DLC.

@tirakai I get that there are some historical beef between Japan and Korea but I figure that they get along better nowadays. But if Hwang is not likely to be introduced in Tokyo Game Show then I can see him being introduced in Gamescom with Cervantes. Interestingly, they both became playable characters to the Japanese arcades through the second version of Soul Edge so it would be interesting to introduce both at the same event. Hwang's reveal would be huge since he has not made an appearance in a long time so I doubt they would throw him out on a random Thursday.
I guess in this case, it makes sense to also reveal the new character in Tokyo Game Show when we're nearing the release date, especially if he is the main antagonist or boss of the game. If Rock is going to be revealed then it would make sense to reveal him with a popular character like Tira or with his rival Aeon/Lizardman and with another character just so that his reveal isn't overlooked.

@DanteSC3 That's very similar to mine but with no love for the big man lol! I would personally rather see Rock than bonus characters that simply takes movesets from already existing characters. His warhammer would also be pretty cool to have in Create-a-Soul and it would be nice to have an option to choose a grappler not named Astaroth since he is the only character with that role.

I could only justify having Rock in the game if EVERYONE from the original era from SB-SCIV is making it. But since they're not, I can't justify him when more unique, popular and iconic characters aren't making the (initial) cut.

I could only justify having Rock in the game if EVERYONE from the original era from SB-SCIV is making it. But since they're not, I can't justify him when more unique, popular and iconic characters aren't making the (initial) cut.
Considering the recent quote from Comic-Con, if true, that no SoulCalibur IV and beyond characters are in SoulCalibur VI, there really aren't that many left to include. If Tira is in the base game, and Setsuka is DLC, along with Cassandra (and maybe if he doesn't make base game -- Raphael), then the only ones really missing, other than Rock, would be Amy, Yun-seong, and Li Long, all clones of varying degrees.

Considering the recent quote from Comic-Con, if true, that no SoulCalibur IV and beyond characters are in SoulCalibur VI, there really aren't that many left to include. If Tira is in the base game, and Setsuka is DLC, along with Cassandra (and maybe if he doesn't make base game -- Raphael), then the only ones really missing, other than Rock, would be Amy, Yun-seong, and Li Long, all clones of varying degrees.
Or you know, new characters...

I wonder if SCIV & V being out is just for the base game or counting DLC. Rock, Hwang/Yun (whoever's not in the base game), and Li-long aren't exactly going to entice many people to buy a big season pass.

If none are in the base game I suppose they could do Cassandra, Setsuka, Amy, and a second guest though even then a lot of casual players might still figure Cassandra and Amy are just clones and not worth buying, while Hilde and Viola for example are very visually unique.

Having Setsuka-Hilde-Viola dlc (and a guest) would mean every dlc character could be from a different game which is a nice thematic thing.

Last edited:
I wonder if SCIV & V being out is just for the base game or counting DLC. Rock, Hwang/Yun (whoever's not in the base game), and Li-long aren't exactly going to entice many people to buy a big season pass.

If none are in the base game I suppose they could do Cassandra, Setsuka, Amy, and a second guest though even then a lot of casual players might still figure Cassandra and Amy are just clones and not worth buying, while Hilde and Viola for example are very visually unique.

Having Setsuka-Hilde-Viola dlc (and a guest) would mean every dlc character could be from a different game which is a nice thematic thing.
Bah Amy and Cassandra both have a huge fan base that guarantee a profit as DLC.

@tirakai I get that there are some historical beef between Japan and Korea but I figure that they get along better nowadays.
tirakai is just stirring shit up, the historical tensions are no different than the ones you would get from historic warring nations from other parts of the world. As a Brit there's a deep bedded rivalry with our neighbouring nations as is the case from their positions (like the French still having tensions with Germans for occupying their country in WW2). I've called people like tirakai out for stirring up shit like this before, just ignore the baiting.

I just remembered, apparently the character select screen we see now isn't indicative of the final character roster. That means we could be seeing more than what's currently expected.

Hopefully that leaves more room for a female newcomer, hm?

It's not a matter of the company themselves, rather I'd be worried they might get a couple idiots in the crowd making a fuss, there are some pretty extreme views among certain gaming groups after all (including news sites). Also I'm Scottish and spent a year working in China recently (just got back home in May), the tensions between east Asian countries is absolutely not the same as UK-France-Germany.

It'd just be easier to reveal Hwang/Yun earlier somewhere else and avoid any possible backlash.

I think tomorrow we’ll have CAS ou a new mode with, maybe, 1 character, my guess is Cervantes but i’d love to see Tira

Back