Guess The Next Character Reveal(s)!

9mqofzict9311.png

Judging by the current character select screen and no confirmation of whether it is final or not, here are my updated predictions for launch characters:

01. Mitsurugi (December 2017)
02. Sophitia (December 2017)
03. Grøh (January 2018)
04. Nightmare (January 2018)
05. Xianghua (January 2018)
06. Kilik (January 2018)
07. Ivy (February 2018)
08. Zasalamel (February 2018)
09. Geralt (March 2018)
10. Siegfried (April 2018)
11. Taki (May 2018)
12. Yoshimitsu (May 2018)
13. Maxi (June 2018)

14. New Character (June 2018)
15. Astaroth (June 2018)
16. Talim (June 2018)

17. Aeon (July 2018)
18. Raphael (July 2018)

19. Cervantes (August 2018)
20. Hwang (August 2018)
21. Rock (August 2018)

22. Seong Mi-na (September 2018)
23. Voldo (September 2018)

24. Cassandra (September 2018) - DLC
25. Yun-seong (September 2018) - DLC

This would include all characters from the first SoulCalibur game excluding Edge Master and Inferno for a late September launch. They would probably announce the DLC shortly before or after the release date which in my guess would be Cassandra and Yun-seong to complete the SoulCalibur II cast. Cassandra and Yun-seong would be chosen as DLC because they are "clone" characters but unlike Hwang and Rock, these characters would actually sell. They will most likely be pre-order DLC similar to how Eliza was for Tekken 7 to help drive sales.

Since DLC was heavily hinted at when questioned about future guest characters; we can expect Setsuka, Tira, Amy, and Hilde to eventually show up alongside another guest character which would most likely be 2B from Nier: Automata. My guess for the next guest character is 2B due to fan demand and a previous partnership between Namco and Square Enix in bringing Noctis to Tekken 7.

These are my current predictions, which could change as more E3 announcements are made.

The dev guy hinted Talim in an acrostic on Twitter yesterday, so she is highly likely for the next reveal. I will also guess ZWEI to go with the new Cursed Moonlit Forest stage with Moon of Oblivion music.

Cervantes for sure for the next reveal, but Talim could also be revealed along with perhaps one more (Grøh's father?).

These are my current predictions, which could change as more E3 announcements are made.

Problem with your list is that you're assuming that custom creations aren't getting their own slot, which will 99% likely be in the lower left corner.

But yeah, no way Rock gets in over Tira, for one, and you'll have to cut either him or Aeon, for two. So Rock and Aeon both seem on the chopping block.

Problem with your list is that you're assuming that custom creations aren't getting their own slot, which will 99% likely be in the lower left corner.

But yeah, no way Rock gets in over Tira, for one, and you'll have to cut either him or Aeon, for two. So Rock and Aeon both seem on the chopping block.
I guess I'm assuming the character count as 23 for the better case than 22 for the worst case. But my guess for the character creation is that it will take the center slot similar to how it was in SoulCalibur IV. Also, the character select screen in SoulCalibur IV was asymmetrical due to the inclusion of a bonus character slot on the top right.

As for Rock and Aeon getting in over Tira, it wouldn't be a matter of popularity as much as a matter of profit. Rock and Aeon thematically fits in as being a throwback to the original SoulCalibur game while Tira would make Bandai Namco money. If you ask my personal opinion though, I would rather have Tira than Rock but I'm going by what I "think" would be in rather than what I "want" to be in.

I’m in the same boat haha I’m gonna assume that E3 will have a big character drop

June - Tira, Talim, Amy, Maxi
July - Edge Lord's dad, Cervantes
August - Cassandra, Raphael, Voldo, Asta, Yoshi
September - 2B

DLC - Setsuka, Hilde, Algol, Hwang, Mina
10 characters left everybody

June - Tira, Talim, daddy Edge Lord, Cervantes
July - Astaroth, Voldo
August - Cassandra, Raphael
September - Lizardman, Yun

DLC: Amy, Setsuka, Hilde

I swear to fucking god the bonus character better not be Dampierre

Yes, but there’s emphasis on it being... a bonus. Which historically in SCs case would make u think it’s a character with a modified original move set.

If it's like that, then I'd vote for Amy instead. And the DLC characters would be Setsuka, Hilde, and another guest, probably 2B.

But if it's Viola that we get instead of Amy, then all of the DLC characters would be unique movesets, which would be... a good thing.

Just going to make a guess on how it will go. Not necessarily what I want but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes something like this.

June - Talim
July - Groh's dad, Voldo
August - Astaroth, Lizardman, New female character, Cervantes
September - Tira, New character

DLC: Raphael, Setsuka, New character, 2B

Just going to make a guess on how it will go. Not necessarily what I want but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes something like this.

June - Talim
July - Groh's dad, Voldo
August - Astaroth, Lizardman, New female character, Cervantes
September - Tira, New character

DLC: Raphael, Setsuka, New character, 2B
Very peculiar decision to put a newcomer as DLC, I agree that there should be AT LEAST 3 more new characters (excluding guests) aside from Groh, but I doubt they'll be DLC, I'm very unsure about Lizardman's chances of being playable, but I think he could take a crack at being DLC.

Back