GVN Summer Jam 2009!!! Aug 22nd Results

350z

[09] Warrior
Because fewer people showed up than expected, this was an intense little tournament. Great matches. Here are the results:

1. Anuedy (Astaroth)
2. NinjaCW (Astaroth, Cassandra)
3. Chosen1 (Yun-seong)
4. ZeroEffect (Talim)
5. 350z (Ivy)
6. Leroy (Yoshimitsu)
7. Byron (Sophie, Hilde)
8. Silent Legend (Mitsurugi)
9. Malice (Sophie, Cassandra)
10. Hubbs (Lizardman)
11. Zophar (Cassandra)
12. Krazyshot (Killik, Siegfried)

It's a shame none of these matches were recorded/streamed, except for grand finals, cause a lot of them were really close finishes. Oh and Larry, Hubbs also used Amy in the tournament. I think you got everyone else right though.

Let me thank everyone that came out and participated in today's tournament. I had a great time. The main thing I wanted to do was support the tournament and try to get some new people into Soul Calibur, so hopefully some new people will pick up the game or pick it back up again.

Anuedy, you left without your prize money, contact me via pm.

I want to thank all of you for making it. I know Unicon is going down as we speak but GVN can't be beat! Philly Pride.

Props to 350z for leveling up and props to NinjaCW for playing very well. Also zeroeffect and chosenone are up and comers to look for in the future. Anyway......thanks for the props omar and wassup with these bans you are talking about?? Thats news to me......at this point there is no reason to ban anything and i dont think (at least in our region) their will be any bans.

Alright guys finally got the energy to do some shoutouts.

BIG E - I wouldn't be where I am if you didn't come on board. You are a great guy and I have mad respect for you.

Ski - Good job runnng SF4. Great guy.

Philly One - Thanks for your help with teh TV and good job placing top 5.

Moose - good run boss I was rooting for you.

Joe - Congrats! You are THE Sagat to beat.

Blackula - Thanks for stopping by and pummeling my ass with that cheap ass Brad in VF. I got third!!! ^_^

Bob the Builder - I'll hit up sometime to dual mod my stick. You're work is amazing.

StickBug - Great job multitasking with BB teams and Casuals. Sorry for making you wait a bit for the live streaming.

DNYC - Nice to meet you boss. Your commentary was fun and your personality is way cool.

ChaosBreaker - Thanks for coming Ian and helping with the podcast and live stream.

My DOAC crew - you guys are great. The hardcore roup that always comes to my events.

Malice, ZeroEffect, 350z - you 3 guys are awesome and TY Larry for running SC4 for me.

UFC cats - Applesauce, Dr McSexy, Chosen1 and everyone thank you for coming and being very patient. First time for UFC at a major event and I hope it went well.

Johoseph - Good games in VF5. You deserved the win.

I can't think anymore. I will update if I can.

I wish there weren't two tournaments on the same day so that more people could have turned out for Soul Calibur, but the event itself was outstanding. Again, I had a great time. Shout out to Big E and Hubbs for putting on a tremendous, well-ran event that I will continue to participate in and help support in whatever way I can.

I know the turnout will be much better for the 10th anniversay of NEC which has just been announced. I'm starting my planning now so come out to Philly and play some fighting games and maybe cop a cheesesteak or whatever Philly-related activity you want to partake in. It should be fun.

http://www.8wayrun.com/f2/northeast-championship-necx-in-philadelphia-t4692/

Holy shit, I thought I posted this already. First, I want to thank everyone who came out to this tournament. I know it was tempting to drive up to Massachusetts, but I think this wasn’t a disappointment. I had a great time, and Eric’s tournaments are always a spectacle. Hell, the SF theatrics were worth it alone. Anyway, let me get to it (I haven’t done this in a long while):

Hubbs: Surprisingly, I had a good time running the tournament. As someone who is making sure things are running on time, I got the chance to watch almost every match closely. Because I’m a jaded old fart, I almost never do that anymore. It was fun. And since there were so few people, it was really easy for me to track people down and get them to play when we were starting to run into down time (nothing like having a 6’4” black man tap you impatiently on the shoulder and say, “Lets go” when it’s your time to play, lol). Anyway, I always try to make your events. If you remember, I have come to everything you have ever thrown for SC—even that one time when it was just me, you, and Rigel for SC3. Anyway, while I can’t say that I will be there every time for the future, I will always try to make it for local support. I just wish there was a way we could do more VF. Lets hope VF Revolution will make it over…

Leroy: Great playing, as usual. Your Yoshimitsu is always superb. It was good seeing you again. I thought that we would play again, but that didn’t happen (it seems that if we are in a tournament in Philadelphia together, we have an obligatory match, lol). I hope to see you play more in the future.

NinjaCW: Good shit, young man. It was fun watching you play. I actually thought that you were going to win that first match against Anuedy. You’ll get him next time.

Chosen1: Nice job with Yun Seong. You caught quite a few people off guard with him.

Silent Legend: I hadn’t seen you before. Your Mitsurugi was very good. It was a pleasure playing you, and watching your matches as well. The scene needs more cool people like you around, so please keep showing up. If you are local, please post in the Regional Matchmaking forums and try to get up to Sporko’s for a session some time.

Krazyshot: Ivy seemed to give you a hard way to go—that’s just coming to these forums and learning as much as you can. You played two great characters. Keep at it, and success will come your way. Hope to see you around more.

Byron: I swear I’m coming to Atlantic City to session with you guys, lol. Really, I am.

Zophar: I didn’t get the chance to see you play, but keep coming by. It was nice to meet you.

ZeroEffect: I hate that little bitch Talim, lol. I am 0-2 now against you in tournaments, and because of that, I am going to CS Talim into oblivion the next time we session at Doug’s. Anyway, I will admit that I was not in top form on Saturday, but that doesn’t mean that I wasn’t trying to win! Our match was a close one, and you deserved to win. In fact, I watched all of your matches. You should have beaten Chosen1, by the way. I don’t know what was going through your mind during your match with him (I know what was going on through his: fear), but whatever it was, get rid of it and your tournaments will go the way that that this one went for you. Although I can’t stand that little tart, it was great watching you play. You played her expertly, and I was really proud to see you perform as well you did. Oh yeah…the power of 2KB is coming for you again, lol…

Malice: You have to get rid of those tournament nerves! Your technical skill with your characters is great. Shit, you nail Cass JFs damned every time—and don’t get me started on Sophie. You already have the tools to do better. Shit, of all of the locals, I am the worst player; you’re better than I am at the game, so get your confidence up. You can do better. Get rid of the whiffing and the nervousness and you will see that you can go far in tournaments. We have talked so much over the last couple of weeks about the community, the game, and our goals for SC4. Lets make that shit real—Team Cheesesteaks, Murder, and Scrapple has some work to do! We are going to start sending people home, and lets get the ball rolling on that ASAP.

The best for last:

Anuedy: Could we play closer matches, lol? Damned near, all of our matches came down to the last round—even in casuals. I know I can play better than I did. My controller is a broken piece of shit, but I just can’t bring myself to stop playing with it. It’s like that old, comfortable pair of shoes that are run down and beaten up, but they are comfortable and fit perfectly. It’s just that like those old shoes that let in water, my controller isn’t the most sensitive thing, lol. I miss inputs with it, and then I start to get frustrated. And everyone who has ever played me knows my style with Ivy, lol. I can’t be missing inputs because it means that I’m going to lose terribly, lol. No excuses, however. You are great at the game and a much better player than I am. You deserved to win your matches against me and the tournament overall as well. Without a doubt, this tournament was yours to win, and you did just that. The stress for players who are expected to do well in tournaments is much different from others. You were supposed to win this one, and anything less would have been a failure. My hat goes off to you, sir. You did exactly what you needed to do, and I can't tell you how much respect that I have for you for living up to what you were supposed to do. Even though there were moments when it looked as if you might have been down, you managed to pull it together. It was really fun playing and talking with you. I look forward to being much sharper next time and playing you again.

350z: You had your chances in this tournament and you did not take them. You are a scrub. You are easily the worst player at the game, and you should go back to not playing at all.

Ivy: I want you to start listening to me, darling…you cast iron bitch.

I actually totally forgot about it. I had just remembered and logged in to find out what happened. SMH.

Back