GVN Winter Brawl 6 Results!

Huge props to Jaxel, Kit, and the rest of the tournament organizers for overcoming the worst registration system I have ever seen to still run an incredibly smooth, efficient tournament. Amazing job, seriously.

Also huge props to the top 8, the level of play was so amazingly solid for a game that's only been out for two weeks. I'm so hyped to see what Final Round will look like.

I apologize to all my fans for not knowing the real guard break combo for Pyrrha and choking the match away against Justin. I coulda been somebody. :( Oh well, at least Bibulus got to be somebody!

Full props later, after my blood pressure returns to normal after I get rid of all that saltiness thrown my way by Real Law.

A big congrats to the top 10 placers at this tournament! Sorry to have missed it, but had other demands. Look forward to watching Jaxel's uploads from the tournament! Kudos to Ramoncito El Nene Lindo, Philly's Woahhzz, Tim the brain a.k.a. Bibulus, and S.U -- lookin' forward especially to watching you guys' matches.

Yeah big props to the organizers--the pools ran great once they had finally come together, and the stream was excellent for watching the top 8 from home on Sunday (with great commentary by Filthierich, Neorussel, Bibulus, etc.). And of course the quality of play in the top 8 was out of this world.

Nice games to everyone I played in the tournament. Couldn't deal with Dinoz' Voldo or Rick's Maxi--I really need more practice against the characters I don't see often, particularly after having not played in a tourney since SC3. And nice casuals against FearDaDonkey and various other people.

Had a great time, awesome turn out!

Felt really good after casuals, then had to go up against the one player who gave me legit match up trouble during them (still so early, so much to learn). Much props to him though. Following that I got rung out twice against Chris G. while holding a decent lead, had pretty bad luck and to an extent was pool of death'd, but it's far too early in this games life cycle to take it to heart. I really just took what experience I received and learned from it, along with making a lot of new friends along the way. Great crowd and some OG people I could really relate to. Also props to a lot of people I met and shared information with both ways during casuals, good times.

This was my first tourney since the SCII days. That was a game I felt dominant in, but this title is an entirely different animal. Many similarities, but an entirely new game to learn and to be honest, considering how good it's been thus far it completely entices me. Looking forward to attending The Next Level for some fun competitive play time and the upcoming majors later this year. Hope to see some returning faces and some new ones as well. Looking forward to going in.

To anyone I met while there, feel free to drop me a line and we can play some online. Also huge thanks to the staff, ran this tourney so well!

You did amazingly well, and I'm glad you had a good time on top of the success.

Also, I'm liking the change to the spelling of your gamertag here on the forums. Mostly because faux is pronounced "Foe", heh.
Actually that was a mistake lol. Its suppose to be sawnikfawx aka my troll name... lolol but i like Sawnikfaux

I got 3rd in the Eternal Champions side tournament, Hubbs ended up beating me first round and in losers finals. DAMN YOU HUBBS

I got eliminated by double Astaroth, I knew the matchup was bad but man it's more than just that at this point. I need to take that dude to the lab ASAP. Had a lot of fun and I'm way too lazy to do that shout out stuff since I already said most of what needed to be said in person.

People aren't thinking Viola is so free anymore. Gimmicks aside, she has some super solid stuff that is going to keep developing over the life of the game. Was fun but I don't think I can make Final Round since it is so soon after already getting a ticket to the east coast. I'll do what I can but it's not looking good right now.
Damm was looking foward to seeing that Viola, love that char too bad man, congrats to all the placers, very good tournament. Link good shit, love that ivy.

I'm so glad that I picked up this game. I'm estatic to see 138 players at a tournent. I hope the hype for this game keeps up!

Shoutouts to NeoRussel for placing 9th. That's really legit bro : D.

Back