Had to go Retro over the weekend

Vetokfv

[08] Mercenary
We have a summer place up in the Pocono mountains, and that's where we keep the old Dreamcast, PSX, etc...

So I got to play SCI lol

I actually felt pretty crippled without Amy/Raphael and Cassandra. Finally looked up that stupid Xianghua move where she flails on the ground... greatest move ever.

The story missions in this game... are just as irritating as future installments. I managed to beat them all, once, and after many losses on certain missions.

I don't know if anyone remembers the silly weapon demo intro movie the DC version has, but you can customize it to your liking. Which means you just put Maxi in all the spots for a good 3 minutes of laughs.

Yeah. Um. First thread in the SCI forum!

Pointless post ftw

ohh good old SCI for the DC....the game looks chunky now but i remember back in the day the game seemed photo-realistic

Lizardman- Sophitia
Seung Mina- Kilik
Yoshimitsu- Mitsurugi
Hwang- Xianghua
Siegfried- Nightmare
Rock- Astaroth
Edge Master- Inferno

They weren't exactly the same, but these characters were a little too similar.
Voldo, Cervantes, Maxi, and Taki remained completely original.

Tekken Tag also greatly suffered from the Clone Syndome. I would be able to add to the list, but I don't like Tekken games much.

I miss SC1 announcer and his quotes.

Also, I just noticed that a lot of SC3 stages are straight ports of SC1 stages, only better gfx. So they stole not only the music, but the stages, too. Fail. Look at Voldo's SC1 & SC3 stage, then look at Maxi's. Then Kilik's. lol

the gfx is still good even after all this time (ok acceptable)

Ahh good old intro editing. I spent an insane number of hours on that and that brought hundreds of adjustments. I even put my final version on youtube!

I miss "OUT OF THE RING" rather than "RING OUT" though. xD

Oh and it's normal that the songs were stolen from SC1 to SC3, as they kept with a theme to each stage except remixed for 3. I noticed it right away, but there are like, 4 of them? Hoko Temple (Taki), Silk Road Ruins (Hwang on 1 - Lizzie on 3), Proving Grounds (Kilik) and the raining Indian harbour I forgot the name (Maxi).

Ahh good old intro editing. I spent an insane number of hours on that and that brought hundreds of adjustments. I even put my final version on youtube!

I miss "OUT OF THE RING" rather than "RING OUT" though. xD

Oh and it's normal that the songs were stolen from SC1 to SC3, as they kept with a theme to each stage except remixed for 3. I noticed it right away, but there are like, 4 of them? Hoko Temple (Taki), Silk Road Ruins (Hwang on 1 - Lizzie on 3), Proving Grounds (Kilik) and the raining Indian harbour I forgot the name (Maxi).

There were some more, too, like Voldo's stage, Tira's stage (Yoshimitsu sc1), etc.

Not quite. Voldo's stage is put on some other place on the pit I think, while Yoshi's / Tira's is like on opposite sides of the world so no connection at all.
I forgot Astaroth's Palgaea Shrine though, that makes 5 of them.

I don't mean they're the same stage. I mean they're designs are extremely similar; enough to say that they are ripoffs of their sc1 counterparts.

If you're going by that, why don't you say both SC1 and SC3 are ripoffs of Li Long's floating raft stage on Soul Blade?

However on my list I only put the stages that are on the exact same location, thus having the same background theme. Those that are on different places, albeit similar, have different themes.

Back