Halo 4

Reptile

Soul Calibur V
It comes out in november.

Almost everyone was a Halo player at some point. Halo 1 through 3 were amazing games that revolutionized the genre. Halo 1 had a fun multiplayer and an amazing campaign. Halo 2 had a sick multiplayer and a fan's favorite. Halo 3 had Godlike online multiplayer and an hardcore professional scene with MLG.

So yeah Reach, while being a beautiful game and somewhat fun, basically killed the Legendary franchise with heavy changes in movement mechanics and entirely new ones that, being noob friendly and entertaining for a while, threw off the majority of the Halo veterans (Armor Lock).

So, Bungie gave up and passed the baton the 343 Industries to create the real sequel to the Halo series, Halo 4.

So now it's about to come out. Do you think it's gonna live up to the former glory it had in the canon series? Or is it gonna be a sad Halo Reach clone which is gonna die competitively after a few months?

Anyone's opinion is important. Be it former competitive Halo players or casual gamers that just like the game.

Discuss.

I do believe there is a Halo thread....somewhere. Anyway...

I do enjoy the Halo series and I am quite anxious at what 343 does with the game and see where they take Master Chief. Each and every Halo's MP has always had the same core gameplay but it always is drastically different. For better or worse.

Bungie didn't "give up". They had a contract with MS for more titles...hence Reach and ODST.(they broke off from Microsoft Studios IMMEDIATELY after the release of Halo 3. I do believe)

The MP for this game...seems like its going COD (like...most shooters) true loadouts, abilities, weapon and ordinance drops based on Kills, Streaks, etc...and taking away the Respawn timer in favor of a "Press a button to respawn"(what I've heard, may be untrue) so Im guessing now you can be an asshole and spawn with a sniper til your heart's content.

Halo is a huge franchise. Even if this thing turns out to be shit...it'll make money. And as long as there is at least 2 mother fuckers nerding over SERIOUS halo dominance, competitive play is staying put. MLG I swear was built off Halo...and regardless of MLG, I'm banking it'll at least be fun to play.

Interested in Spartan Ops(seriously...343. I mean c'mon!)promised additional co-op stuff...FUCK YEAH!

Yeah this C.O.D. shit (loadouts and streaks) looks real bad. But I'm not gonna banish the game before I even see it.

It could be like the meter system in SCV for example. Everyone was bitching about it before the game came out, and it turned out to be pretty sweet and now a lot of top players say it might be the best SC in the franchise.

I'm a bit concerned cause before SC, Halo was my main game and it died with Halo 3, (H3 included). I'd like to make my debut in Halo 4 competitive if it's worth it.

Guess what game my name is from lol. Anyway I reckon it is looking rather nice so far time will tell on the loadout screen you get to choose between dmr's, br's, ar's and the like you don't get to pick snipers or rockets (der that would be stupid). I like the whole back to MC and Cortana for story, making forerunners more involved and mixing up the gameplay so overall I am excited for it.

I did make a Halo 4 thread, but no one responded XD...anyways, on topic, the game looks pretty good. From what I could glean in the E3 2012 campaign demo, the graphics are better than Reach. And oh god, DAT LIGHTING!

Oh, and Cortana is hot.

It looks great so far. The loadouts and armor abilities are something I'd like to stay out, but here's to hoping that they fit better than they did with Reach. Ordnance drops are only in Infinity Slayer (the gametype I will never play) and I think insta-respawn is only for a few gametypes like slayer.
The core game mechanics look really good though and if 343 makes good maps too then this will be an awesome game. I'm really hoping there will be a playlist without loadouts and AAs. But I don't think AAs will be as game-breaking this time. (No armor lock, no more sprinting away from every stupid situation you put yourself in.)

The "kill streaks" are only forced weapon drops. They only appear in one game type, which you have the option to avoid by going into any number of different playlists. Loadouts won't be too terrible, they won't be available in every playlist. And if you have absolutely everything new in the series so far you can play a Classic playlist that is retro Halo 2-3 bare bones. You will see me there frequently, but I'll give the new stuff a shot.

The only thing I'm worried about is respawn timers. Morons on my team already manage to die 30 times without a kill, letting them come back to life faster is only going to make that worse...

Actually I heard sprinting will be in it.
Yes, sprinting is default in addition to whatever AA you choose, but when you're shot in sprint you slow down. So no more sword+sprint rushdown or running away from every fight you're about to lose.

Actually prerdered mine yesterday. Have a feeling this one is going to be good.

Haven't followed anything about this game but I will make my return to the franchise since there hasn't been any good FPSs since Halo 3.

Went back and watched some of the Multiplayer footage from...either E3 or an MLG event. Unsure.

That MP actually looks really fun(always does, usually is). I mean. If you didn't like Halo's MP after H1(or ever at all)...this probably won't win you over. The whole loadout thing isn't as bad as I thought. It's more like a personalized spartan...Dunno bout ya'll. But I am carrying extra nades :P

I'm always down for some Classy Halo.

The Halo I probably played the most was Halo 2. So many. Fond. Fond memories. So much schoolwork completely blown off. lol.

After talking to someone at length about some of the new stuff in Halo 4 (I hadn't kept up with it in months), I decided to check out some more stuff.

So jetpacks are confirmed. BR has random spread, DMR still has bloom. Overall it looks like Reach 2, which is a fucking shame. If I get this game it'll be at bargain bin prices only just for the campaign, which I'll admit is intriguing. Still, if I wanted story without gameplay I'd just read a damn book.

So when do we declare the arena shooter genre as officially dead?

LOL. Competitive Play will never die. Especially when you have fucking MLG backing it. Every Halo, with a competitive MP. Has been an e-sport game. Laugh all you will, people still play Reach and take it seriously enough to bank a paycheck on. EDIT: Ha. Well imagine that. Reach isn't part of the Summer Season on MLG this year.(yeah, looked it up after I said that.)

BR has random spread

...I REALLY don't like this though. :/

You can make anything competitive. Everything from map design to weapon physics has been moving towards less competitive every year.

Back