Happy Birthday Kayane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a long text STD, but i read it all with attention by respect for you and the time you surely had to write it. I was hoping that you don't use slang words etc because it would have been difficult for me to understand lol, but it's okay I understood all.
You pay a lot of attention to people's opinion about you from what i see. But I can understand that you don't want me to put you in the same bag that those stupid persons i talked about. haha

You seem to reallyyy reallyyy adore the country, well there are a lot of things interesting there, that's true. Japaneses are interested in a lot of materialistic things for the future (robots...) but in the same time they succeed to keep a lot of traditions. And that's something great to not forget who they are.

I can understand what you feel when you learn Kanjis, I studied Chinese during 2years. Well, in fact i didn't want to learn that, it was just in order to have an argument to enter in the school I wanted, but when i went to the first day of chinese, I decided to stay because I really thought that it's an interesting language, and it makes you open your heart to the world since you can understand through a language, a civilisation's mind.

Well, I think that it's a good thing to learn languages. When I met stranger players in France and that i couldn't talk to them because the language was a wall between us, i really felt a lot of frustration. I met 5years ago RTD, Aris, XCTU, Mick and other american players who looked soooooo nice, but I couldn't talk to them! That frustration made me want to learn English really seriously, because I knew i'll meet them and other stranger players later when i'll travel for tournaments.

Anyway, you really seem to be passionnate, if you considere this culture as a second world then why not, you learn the Japanese language and its culture as I learn the Solfege that I considere as the language of music and Piano.
You say that you take refuge in that second world to deny sometimes the real world, it's a good thing to be in harmony with oneself without thinking about what is around you. But it's dangerous to be TOO passionnate because sometimes, people forget that after all, they live in society and they start to deny the real world and their close persons.

Konnichiwa bitches.

I figured I would add my birthday wishes up in here as well since everyone else is doing so, so happy birthday Kayane.

Japanese culture is cool. If someone is passionate about it and understands their culture, I don't have a problem with that. There's nothing wrong with being passionate about another culture and learning as much as you can about it.

I do have a problem with those who hop on another culture in an attempt to be cool or because it's the flavor of the month. You can easily tell who those people are because they usually don't know shit else about the culture they are trying to attach themselves to, such as white chicks from the burbs who try and act ghetto. Or when I'm in Asia and I see Asians who try to be ghetto, or worse when they act blacker than I am. It's embarassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back