HappyColour Soulcalibur Custom Costume Reskins

How likely would one who has not played SC be to think my designs are base game character costumes?

• Total voters
Summer Gala is simple yet elegant just the way I like it.

Thank you! Quite a big fan of how this turned out, the pocket sticker on that dress really adds a nice layered fabric effect that made the creation for me. Quite proud of this one as well! 😃

InShot_20200106_175120756.jpg

save_56.jpg
save_55.jpg
save_54.jpg
save_57.jpg

UPDATED HAIR STYLE: I recently updated to the below hairstyle as I found it more visually appealing and allowed for a more punk looking mohawk, funnily enough I attempted this on my first attempt but it didn't work, and this was because I didn't think to initially use the head band to hide some minor clipping issues. Amazing how even doing something out of order when creating a CAS can change the final outcome. :D An advantage of the corn rolls version is that it frees up the 2 dirt stickers that were initially used for the shaved head allowing more details to be placed on other elements of the design.
save_125~2.png
InShot_20200104_031813172.jpg

2020-01-04_3-10-12_AM-ymp0eh4x.jpg
2020-01-04_3-10-12_AM-s0dpihrn.jpg
2020-01-04_3-10-11_AM-zvod2ooi.jpg
2020-01-04_3-10-11_AM-3gjtk4im.jpg
Note: Last photo of each costume is what it looks like when all clothing options have been destroyed.

Last edited:
"Cursed Warrior" Hilde is probably my favorite, but I gotta say I am very impressed with the sticker work on your latest, Ms. Festive there. Clever way to combine the feathers and motif, it works very well!

"Cursed Warrior" Hilde is probably my favorite, but I gotta say I am very impressed with the sticker work on your latest, Ms. Festive there. Clever way to combine the feathers and motif, it works very well!
Thank you very much! Cursed Warrior Hilde is def one of my favourites, the colours really came together on that one. And appreciate your eye on the sticker work on the Carnival Hilde, that was my first time leveraging the sticker duplication glitch so heavily. I actually had to come back to it to improve it a bit, it really came together when I found a way to blend the arm pattern with the chest sticker (you probably noticed on the none broken down version the sleeves are silver, this was before I changed the pattern for blending, it didn't make a visual difference on the unbroken costume but veryyyyyy noticeable on broken down version). Appreciate your feedback!!!

Punker rock and druid Hilde : 🤩

Thanks dude! If you love it, it must be good! : )

To all, I wanted to share a recent costume creation tutorial I created, unlike most tutorials this doesn't provide a breakdown of how to design an individual costume, and instead works through the personal process I utilize when creating all my costumes. Check it out and let me know what you think.

InShot_20200423_024057844.jpg

save_136.jpg
save_133.jpg
save_134.jpg
save_135.jpg
Note: Last photo is of costume when fully broken down.

Plus, as a fun bonus, proud to be retweeted by Okubo with one of my entries for the recent SOULCALIBUR Character Creation contest! Yay! The tweet is here if you are interested: Okubo Costume Tweet Shout Out

Last edited:
InShot_20200507_001044158.jpg

save_157.jpg
save_156.jpg
save_155.jpg
save_154.jpg
Note: Last photo is of costume completely broken down.

As a side, I am quite proud of this design, there is a ton of subtle design details and pattern usage that I leveraged to just make the entire costume look realistically weathered while emphasizing the significant fatigue I wanted to showcase in Hilde. As well, regarding the under armour, I played a lot around with the sticker mirror glitch to try to create a unique looking top with realistic blending (6 stickers for the price of 3 baby). Specifically, once I decided on the core elements of it, I spent a lot of time making micro adjustments to improve blending and reduce subtle overlap. Really took a fine tooth comb perspective on it, to fix issues that would only be visible on extreme close ups.

Check out a quick video of the before and after tweaks below.

Excellent work as always, Happy--as usual, particularly nice detail work, which is always a strong element in your designs. The simulated leather apperance to the breastplate in particular really brings a sense of realism and texture to the outfit.

But if you'll forgive me for going backwards a moment--it really a slightly older design of yours I'd like to talk about briefly if you're willing. See, I've been looking at Apocalypse Survivor Hilde a few times over the last couple of days, because I can't quite figure out how you created that filter-respirator mask. Could I bother you to do a basic breakdown (typed out description would more than suffice--don't want to put you out for photos or specific measurements) of how you constructed it? I've been staring at it for about five minutes now and I can't even say for certain whether you used the Partial Shadow Visor as base (does not seem so, I want to say?) or whether the Opera Mask is involved.

For that matter, I am completely stumped on how you simulated the cylinders for the filters themselves, especially in such a a manner as you could create the sense of chrome on the outside, juxtaposed against the pattern that you used to simulate the rough texture of the intake opening. It's really driving me nuts: usually, even with someone who uses very complex technical usage of objects (such as Vilarcane) I can at least figure out what the objects and assets involved are. Here, whatever you have done seems to have used such a peculiar (and creative) combination of objects and textures that my eye just cannot pull it apart and recognize what the underlying elements even are!

Edit: Oh, it's the Smith's Goggles, isn't it!? I mean, they are what you used for the breather filter cylinders. Clever!

Excellent work as always, Happy--as usual, particularly nice detail work, which is always a strong element in your designs. The simulated leather apperance to the breastplate in particular really brings a sense of realism and texture to the outfit.

But if you'll forgive me for going backwards a moment--it really a slightly older design of yours I'd like to talk about briefly if you're willing. See, I've been looking at Apocalypse Survivor Hilde a few times over the last couple of days, because I can't quite figure out how you created that filter-respirator mask. Could I bother you to do a basic breakdown (typed out description would more than suffice--don't want to put you out for photos or specific measurements) of how you constructed it? I've been staring at it for about five minutes now and I can't even say for certain whether you used the Partial Shadow Visor as base (does not seem so, I want to say?) or whether the Opera Mask is involved.

For that matter, I am completely stumped on how you simulated the cylinders for the filters themselves, especially in such a a manner as you could create the sense of chrome on the outside, juxtaposed against the pattern that you used to simulate the rough texture of the intake opening. It's really driving me nuts: usually, even with someone who uses very complex technical usage of objects (such as Vilarcane) I can at least figure out what the objects and assets involved are. Here, whatever you have done seems to have used such a peculiar (and creative) combination of objects and textures that my eye just cannot pull it apart and recognize what the underlying elements even are!

Edit: Oh, it's the Smith's Goggles, isn't it!? I mean, they are what you used for the breather filter cylinders. Clever!

Thank you for your kind words and observations!

Regarding your ask, I have actually already made a template for a similar request regarding how to make this so sharing it here below. I should note, that I made my own version of this after seeing a Japanese creator do something similar for a wasp themed warrior. That really inspired me to try to my own style of the goggle mask! And yes, your inclination regarding used objects is correct!!

Find a tweet to the template here:

Last edited:
Back